collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How did you, or how do you play with your ponies?  (Read 582 times)

Offline TinyShinyUnique

• Trade Count: (+147)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • UniqueSubtleTreasures
How did you, or how do you play with your ponies?
« on: February 05, 2014, 11:55:53 AM »
I have a whole night of studying ahead of me and would love to hear some stories about how you guys used to (or if you still do it:) play with your ponies to relax myself.

I'll start! When I had mostly fakies, G1's and the early G2's, I always played a part of a villain and the good girl who always helps ponies - the evil me was my twin sister and the ponies had to use their power of love to check which one I was. When I wanted to play like that with others, I always remained the bad, evil person who wanted to harm the ponies or to control them :lookround: No wonder I liked to play with them alone, all by myself!

I loved making Beauty Pageants, which meant for me picking up outfits, making jewelry, treating the girl-ponies to the SPA and then asking my family to vote for the most pretty one :) When I got older I stopped bothering my family because I had my favorites by then and it was always a contest between two or three of my most loved girls. But sometimes if I felt bad about one of my ponies, she got to win :)

When I was playing with my younger cousin, we always split the ponies in half (taking turns picking them) and then agreed on a plot point in a story about two kingdoms: a wedding, a ball, a journey to another country, a villain that has to be destroyed... Usually we had to skip to the main event quickly because one of us had to go home :blush:

Share your stories with me please!

Offline Tilly

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
Re: How did you, or how do you play with your ponies?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2014, 12:06:11 PM »
lol, this is a fun topic :-)

I can remember playing like this when I was little :
My ponies were a wild herd. My straight head Bow-tie was the eldest mare. Gingerbread with cut hair was the sweet Stallion and Pinwheel (also with cut hair to make him a male) was the mean stallion who wanted to steal the mares. They did fight an awful lot back then, but now they live peacefully together in my Paradise Estate.

They also were the choice of transport for my Lady Lovely Locks ;-)
Who needs some Dutchies? PM to buy/trade!
Also G3 mailorder, comic con and Bay Breeze for sale!

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2014, 12:17:59 PM »
As a child, when I played with my ponies with my friends, the ponies knew they were toys and joked about it all the time.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Sparkle Pony

• F.O.E. Pony
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • I'm not scrawny, I'm svelte!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2014, 01:12:06 PM »
Recently, I got out all of my old dinosaur toys and pitted them into a political struggle against the ponies in an effort to regain their ancestral homeland (aka my shelf).  There are two pony groups, one is The Enclave and they inhabit the shelf and after a bunch of scattered ponies met up and united under the leadership of their princesses Luna, Celestia, and Twilight Sparkle.  There is also another group I have at a different house called The Wanderers who were separated from The Enclave long ago and are trying to get back together with them, lead by Princess Cadance.  It's fun to play around with sometimes.  :blush:

Offline Lollipop

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • *Lollipop's for everypony*
    • View Profile
    • Wickstead's - Something Quintessentially Unique & Just That Little Bit Different
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2014, 01:22:00 PM »
I used to make little scenes for them, like picnic areas, play areas, photo shoots, Cat(pony)walks, fairground & a house :P then made up little stories :P
Spent ages making the scenes & outfits hehe then putting them in their positions hehe  :biggrin:

I guess I still do this hehe just with photos instead  ^.^
Lollipop
Wickstead's Wickstead's BLOG
:heart: :heart: :lovey: :heart: :heart:

Want/Wish List SALES Thread TRADES Thread :biggrin:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2014, 01:33:58 PM »
When I was younger I either had "show ponies" which involved lots of grooming, posing and prize giving - basically Next Top Model for ponies. Or we had adventure days which involved the ponies galloping across the bedroom and playroom on a continuing trek :P 
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline NoPonySpecial

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Beyond the last visible dog, you will see infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2014, 02:38:15 PM »
I barely remember - I was very young when I played with them, I think I mostly just looked at their symbols, mesmerized.  :P Probably I'd reenact Rescue at Midnight Mountain, with Wind Whistler in place of Firefly - I remember WW's personality was very much the dare-devil, and I'm sure it came from that movie.

The only plots I remember:

Baby Glory would want to go on adventures (usually to forbidden places,) but would keep getting roped into babysitting Sleep Tight and Sleepy Head, and she'd have to think of ways to get out of it.

My yellow fakie (she has a name now, but now that I think about it, I don't thing any of my ponies had names! At least not any I remember,) would be bullied because she had no symbol and was, well, uglier than the other ponies. She'd feel sad, then somehow she'd prove herself to be just as good as any other pony.

When I was older (like 7 or s,) McDonalds Sundance and Light Heart were my favored ponies, and they had epic adventures. They were best friends, with Light Heart was usually the leader and Sundance getting stuck with the damsel in distress situations. The only specific plot I remember was Sundance being trapped underwater, pinned by a rock or something, and Light Heart had to dive in and save her before it was too late. I specifically remember that I pretended our brown couch was the mud at the bottom of the water, and that the late afternoon sun was shining in a beam onto the ponies, and I thought that somehow made it more dramatic.
I'll put something here some time

Offline Pony Adventures

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • IRL Pony Adventures
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2014, 03:03:32 PM »
As a child, I actually preferred Breyer horses but I did play with my little ponies too. I would incorporate my MLP into my Breyer heard and pretend they were all part of a very prestigious farm, with world-renown trainers.

Now I like to setup scenes with my MLP and my Breyers are stuffed away in boxes.

Offline Wildshadow

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Favorites of all time? Surprise, Danny and Spike!
    • View Profile
    • https://www.instagram.com/kriticosium/
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2014, 06:32:35 PM »
I'd do a lot of ponies VS villain stories. One time my sister and I got out a lot of food cans and made a castle and our TMNT's (I had Raphael and my sister either had Mike or Leo) had captured them. That's as much as I remember but we did a lot of that. Then if my sister would be playing Barbies with our cousin, I had to bring in ponies with them. Usually it was plush Surprise. I think they ignored my game play after that, but I couldn't just do normal Barbie stories with them = P  If I was playing alone, they'd get captured by what other toys I had and would get tied up with shoe strings or anything like it I could find X D  I think I did things like that because I loved the G1 stories of villains or the other cartoons that were on at the time.

Now I just take pictures of them, sometimes in just basic scenes.

Thanks Starscout for the sig and Shaiyeh thanks for the avatar  :heart: Ombyshadow

Offline Shatyr

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2014, 06:36:51 PM »
I had warring houses (Dream Castle versus Lullabye Nursery) and star-crossed lovers fighting to unite them (think Romeo and Juliet, but way before I knew about that particular play). The houses got a little crowded as my collection grew. Apparently I didn't consider leaving any of the ponies out of the "story", even though I only ever really gave personalities to maybe 10 of them. Poor neglected background characters.

I also had a lot of fun playing out The Phantom of the Opera as I listened to the soundtrack on my cassette tape player. I always had the hardest time deciding who was going to be Phantom, since I only had the one boy pony and of course he had to be the one who rescued "Christine".

I think I had my Quints Cousins hang out with the ponies a few times. They might have been just the right size to ride the ponies.

CottonTALE

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2014, 07:13:21 PM »
When I was young, I used to take scraps of fabric and string and made little makeshift dresses for my toys. In the present, I catch myself doing this sometimes when I am a bit sad.

scrub-adub

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2014, 07:23:54 PM »
My ponies have personalities and life...
I talk to them sometimes....
Anywho my g1s are:
Merry treats: the oldest but the most latida about things.
Shady: the worryer and the youngest of the adults, she takes care of the two babies
Sweet suds: the fabulous one is older than shady. Watches the kids when shady is out. Tends to be a gossip.
Brightglow: is the most mature of the group but never likes watching the kids because of her night job in making good dreams.
The babies:
Tiddly winks: is a bit of a taddle tale and is a bit older than cudles
Cudles: tends to have "accidents"  over important things and finds it funny.

My g3s have personalities the same as the show except more developt.
The same with my g4s

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk

Offline StrawberryScoops

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2014, 07:40:47 PM »
My ponies always lived in a magical pony land and loved to go on adventures. Sometimes they'd have laid back days were they would go about whatever I thought their daily lives might be. I often made up families and histories for the ponies. Secret Star was the Queen of the land as she was the largest pony. I also thought this made her the oldest and wisest. She was a very nice Queen and was like a mother figure to all the other ponies. When I got a few Cabbage Patch Ponies, the colorful ones, they were her daughters and the princesses of the land.

I also always pretended that my Flowerburst was Bowtie. Bowtie was my favourite pony as a child, but I didn't know there was a toy version of her until I was older. I watched Escape from Midnight Castle a lot!! I sometimes acted it out with my ponies too.

Offline mlpkatie

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2014, 09:29:43 PM »
I grew up with G3
I had many ponies, but I mostly played with Rainbow Dash.
Me and Rainbow Dash would venture off into the world (my house) and by the time we got to the forest (living room,) there would always be that giant monster(my dad) who tried to take Rainbow! Then we would win and go back to the Kingdom (my room) and would tell the other ponies about the adventure we had :P

My mom was telling me the other day she remembered how she would always hear me in my room all day playing with ponies :)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 09:32:21 PM by BabyPosey »

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2014, 10:09:53 PM »
Hard to remember I do recall we would always use a blanket as the smooze and pretend it would fill up the room! My sister and I used to call ponies in this pose below "running around the mountain" for whatever reason probably because they used to go around this plant and lamp and stand perfectly on the edge to escape the smooze.

I clearly remember one time playing with one of my favorite ponies Starswirl in the shower she was trying to climb to the top to escape, and we used to always take the sea ponies in the bathtub and some other ponies who would play on the edges and if they fell in the sea ponies had to save them!

For Sale Wants

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal