collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: A itsy-bitsy brag, but a big surprise at the same time  (Read 742 times)

Moonracer

• Trade Count: (0)
A itsy-bitsy brag, but a big surprise at the same time
« on: June 08, 2012, 09:40:53 AM »
Couple days ago I bought another pony lot.

http://allegro.pl/kucyki-my-little-pony-hasbro-konie-koniki-i2384275953.html

Alongside a couple of fakies, there were two G1 ponies, as you can see: Mommy Sweet Celebrations and Bunny Hop.

The package containing the lot arrived to me today. Both G1 ponies are in a not-so-mint condition to say the least. Mommy Sweet Celebration's head is extremely loose - you can make it spin around. Probably someone must've taken her head off a couple times and it's become slightly warn. Also, she seems to have come from a smoking home since her body's a bit greenish-yellow rather than blueish. :(

Also a small part of her hair was cut off.

As soon as I can, I'll upload the pictures of her. :( I'll also try to work something out to make her look presentable, because asides from those three flaws she's pretty okay - her symbols are in a nice condition.

The biggest surprise for me Bunny Hop. I expected her to be in a far worse condition. Sure, her body's yellowed, her mane is dirty, her tail looks like it has been cut a little and she has that fugly green heart on her non-display side. But she fares a little better than Mommy Sweet Celebration. Plus, and what it's been a major shocker to me, she still has her top hat pocket and the bunny friend!!

I mean wow... I didn't really expected to see that! :D :D

Overall, I'm really happy I got these two. Sure, they may have flaws, but they aren't in that bad condition. Plus, I got them cheap. :)

Pics will come soon.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: A itsy-bitsy brag, but a big surprise at the same time
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2012, 02:52:03 PM »
Can't wait to see pictures when you get them washed!  Congrats.  :)
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2012, 03:33:18 PM »
Aww.  I always like to hear about G1 ponies being restored.  Congrats on your buy :)

Offline Tiella

• Trade Count: (+118)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Professional Multi-Tasker
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art Page
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2012, 06:01:47 PM »
Oh can't wait to see post spa pics!

Moonracer

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2012, 03:01:31 AM »
Thanks guys! :)

Okay, so I'm currently in the process of getting these two into a better shape. I'll now show you what I managed to "achieve".

Here's Bunny Hop, how she looked like when I pulled her out of the package:

Like I said in my first post, her body was dirty and yellowed, her hair dirty and pressumably cut, and she had a few marks on her (particularly a large green heart on her non-display side). I managed to wipe the heart and some other marks out with nail polish removew, then gave her a bath (just a regular one to scrub some dirt off) and washed her hair.

Here's how she looks like now:

Nothing impressive, but I'm still working on it. She looks a bit better, though the green paint and some pink marker stains still remain on her body. Also, her body is still yellowed and so is the top hat pocket. I'm thinking about giving Bunny Hop an Oxi Action bath first and then sunfading her.

Oh, and the pink bunny friend needs a replacement string (on the "After" photos it's detached, because I had to take it out when I was cleaning Bunny Hop).

And I guess that's about it for now. Mommy Sweet Celebrations' still in the process of getting a bath - this one's going to be much more difficult, since, like I said, her body's now this greenish color (though her original color can still be seen on the inside). But I'll see what I can do. :)

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2012, 08:19:25 AM »
Looks great so far!  :)
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Sugar

• Norwegian Fnord Pony
  • Trade Count: (+81)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sock/earring fiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2012, 04:29:42 PM »
Hi, Moonracer!  Thanks for sharing the before-n-after photos, its inspiring to a wannabe restorrer like me.  ^.^  Hope you don't mind my asking, what kind of nail polish remover did you use for Magic Hop?  Thanks, and happy restorring!
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 04:32:04 PM by Sugar.Lightning »

Thanks to Sourdough stomper for my Advent signature, and to Nence for my avatar! :lovey:
Wishlist - I'm back on (semi-) active buying again... can't buy everything on my wish list all at once (yay, back-to-school and tuition fees), but I am still looking to plump up my collection a bit more: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,380638.0.html
Sales/trades - http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381378.msg1572410#msg1572410

Moonracer

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2012, 10:52:55 AM »
Thanks for the comments, girls! :3

@Sugar.Lightning: I'm happy to hear that. :) I myself got into Pony restoration not so long ago - there's still a lot tips I need to learn, but so far I've been doing quite nicely. :)

As for your question I'm using a regular nail polish remover I bought from a local store. I don't think you'll be needing a specific one. Just find one that has acetone with it - it's important because nowadays, many nail polish removers that are available are acetone-free (because, from what I understand, it weakens the nails or some things like that...), and the presence of acetone is important because it's the substance itself that removes all the tough stains (nail polish, paint etc.).

You can also try getting yourself a bottle of pure acetone. The smell is twice as bad as nail polish remover but it's just, or even a bit more, effective. However, you need to be cautious when using it - if you have sensitive skin, it's essential that you wear gloves, because pure acetone can cause skin irritation.

I guess that's all you need to know. :) Like I said, I'm pretty new into this whol restoration thing - there's still lots of stuff I need to learn, but I think I can also give some of my own tips as well. :)

Offline Sugar

• Norwegian Fnord Pony
  • Trade Count: (+81)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sock/earring fiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2012, 03:33:51 PM »
Thanks, Moonracer!  I do appreciate it.  ^.^  And I look forward to seeing how the rest of your restoration goes.

Thanks to Sourdough stomper for my Advent signature, and to Nence for my avatar! :lovey:
Wishlist - I'm back on (semi-) active buying again... can't buy everything on my wish list all at once (yay, back-to-school and tuition fees), but I am still looking to plump up my collection a bit more: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,380638.0.html
Sales/trades - http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381378.msg1572410#msg1572410

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal