collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Star Trek  (Read 2378 times)

HannahBeth333

• Trade Count: (0)
Star Trek
« on: April 01, 2014, 10:02:22 PM »
Does anybody else love Star Trek too? I love TOS, The Next Generation, and the most recent movies.

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
Re: Star Trek
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2014, 10:06:14 PM »
i love it! and i absolutely love the newer movies, but more of as a sorta extra?
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2014, 10:21:04 PM »
Not really my thing. Glad you have something to enjoy though.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Tribble79

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2014, 10:43:01 PM »
I have been a trekkie since I was 10. TOS is myfavorite but I love all of them with DS9 being my least favorite...

Offline Emberfly

• Trade Count: (+57)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • I Want to Sticker the World!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2014, 10:49:26 PM »
I've been a trekkie since I was a wee little thing, I honestly don't recall not being one.  I grew up on TOS, loved TNG and enjoyed the rest.  I do like the new movies but since they rewrite my beloved TOS, I'm not the biggest fan of them.
Thank you to SquarePeg for my beautiful avi.

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2014, 10:52:26 PM »
I love ST!  I am a fairly new trekkie though.  I fell in love after the new movies came out.  I fell in love with Kirk and Spock.  Then I decided that I needed to learn more background and decided to watch all of the series and movies (except animated...really tried but couldn't stand it) in stardate order.  The only series I haven't gotten a chance to really start yet is Voyager.  I loved DS9 and TNG.  Enterprise and TOS were really good too.  I am a little afraid that Voyager will be a letdown after TNG and DS9 but I thought that about DS9 after TNG.  My favorite characters are Worf, Captain Picard, Spock, Captain Sisko, Kira Nerys, Quark, Captain Kirk, Phlox, Data, Dr. Bashir, Chief O'Brien, Bones, and Captain Archer. 

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

AnnetheCatDetective

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2014, 10:58:38 PM »
I LOVE Star Trek. TOS and DS9 are my two favorites, despite being the most different in tone... I love the optimism of Roddenberry's Trek, the bright future it gives us, but I also like the darker feel of DS9, and how it's balanced with this found family that does develop (and I love Garak!!! And Bashir! And Garak-and-Bashir! And also Quark and Odo and their relationship, the way that Odo is Quark's worst enemy, and at the same time he often finds that Quark is somehow his best friend in spite of that).

I like the new stuff a lot, I view it as sort of an official AU more than anything. It doesn't replace TOS, but it's fun.

I never really got into Voyager, though it was on at the same time as DS9 when I was young. I didn't watch it as much... And TNG I do have a soft spot for too--  for Data in particular. I feel like Picard is the best Starfleet captain, but Picard could not have run a space station, and Sisko was definitely the only captain for that job.

Also I just really, really love Spock. I get Spock. He's got to be logical, and he considers logic very important, but he does have these emotions. They're so much stronger and deeper than what everyone around him feels and yet they all treat him as being emotionless... ugh, just, Spock feels. I have them.

Offline Khema

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2014, 02:33:17 AM »
I'm not a star trek fan but my husband is. I love to remind him that his favorite character, Q, is also a MLP character.

Offline Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2014, 03:02:14 AM »
I am a huge, huge trekkie and always have been!

I have several books in Klingon!

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

PandoraFox

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2014, 04:20:01 AM »
Yup, Star Trek is awesome.
My favorite is TOS. I love the stories being told and then there's the chemistry between Kirk, Spock and McCoy, they're awesome.
I'm currently, very slowly, trying to collect some of the novels. Prime Directive is an absolute favorite so far.

Very much love TNG as well, especially Data. I've always been fascinated by AI, and here was one where they finally didn't play the typical "Self aware AI will try to kill all the Humans!!!11" card. I loved watching him develop. The other series I've watched somewhat more sporadically, but I did greatly enjoy Voyager whenever I had a chance to sit down for it. The Doctor earned himself a soft spot pretty quickly.

The movies I'm not terribly fond off. I was very attached to the old Kirk, Spock and McCoy and crew, and they just don't quite feel the same to me here. Same for the storytelling, it's just a bit too much typical action movie for me.
I do enjoy them as action movies, but not quite as Star Trek if that makes sense?
Though I'm always happy to see people enjoy them. Just because they're not completely my thing, doesn't mean they're any less valid, and if they introduce more people to the awesome multiverse that is Star Trek, then all the better. There's room and things to enjoy for everyone.

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2014, 04:25:46 AM »
Yup. I grew up watching TNG, and went on from there.
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline Hervoyel

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toy Box Revenge
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2014, 05:09:01 AM »
I'm not into the fandom element, but I loved DS9 back in the day, and I'm still happy to rematch episodes whenever I come across them.

And my sister was a huge TNG fan, so I've absorbed a lot of that one just be osmosis.  ;)

Blog

Offline Tilas

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • Shilo.ca
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2014, 09:28:55 AM »
I've been a Trekkie since I was a kid. My favorite series is probably DS9 now, which is funny, because up until 2 years ago, I didn't like it, but that was because I never watched the series in it's entire run. It's definitely a series you need to watch start to finish to understand just what the heck is going on. I also enjoy Voyager.... most of the time. There's some cring worthy episodes there. Sadly Voyager suffered from bad writing which made Janeway totally bi-polar, which is a shame, because she's my favorite Captain.

Now the new movies... Ugh. If they said "alternate universe" at the start, I woulda been like, cool, ok, these are passable. But when they said it was replacing the old stuff... now I have a problem. They butchered everything Gene worked so hard to put in place.  And the 2nd new movie with Khan was the worst Trek movie ever. Even worse than Trek 5. >.>  It was such an obviously parody mock, it was just bad. SO bad.

Offline Rosencrantz

• Shakespearian Tragedy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I like shiny things
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2014, 10:17:40 AM »
Heck yeah Star Trek! Sisko and Janeway battle it out for my favourite captain.

Star Trek is a huge family thing for my family, and one of our most common nerd topics.
 (backcard by Ivy!)

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2014, 10:34:39 AM »
I've watched each series on occasion. My favorite is Captain Archer...

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal