collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: who pays fees?  (Read 1064 times)

Offline shelti

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+1687)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: who pays fees?
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2012, 03:43:48 PM »
I never ask buyers to send as personal option unless it's a $1.00 item
or I am doing someone a favor by buying something for them and then shipping it to them.
Then I consider that a personal thing.

I am put off a bit by Sellers who ask me to do that when i buy from them.

I do find that some buyers just automatically send as a personal payment and it's always appreciated
but not ask'd for or expected.
Shel-t* Ponies

Offline Vertefae

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2012, 04:51:37 PM »
As a seller I never ask my buyers to pay my fees. It's my price of doing business and using PayPal

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2012, 06:52:50 PM »
Well my thoughts on this may not be popular but in my opinion its the seller's responsibility to pay their fees and not expect the buyer to cover those at all.  If a buyer wants to offer that is fine, but I don't think its good selling practice to request a buyer to pay fees.  Just me.  Also when it comes to gifting. I think its better to leave that option to people you know very well and trust.  Part of selling means there will be fees and that is just part of the process. It is best to not put a buyer in a bad position just because (a Seller) does not want to pay fees.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2012, 08:11:36 PM »
Well my thoughts on this may not be popular but in my opinion its the seller's responsibility to pay their fees and not expect the buyer to cover those at all.  If a buyer wants to offer that is fine, but I don't think its good selling practice to request a buyer to pay fees.  Just me.  Also when it comes to gifting. I think its better to leave that option to people you know very well and trust.  Part of selling means there will be fees and that is just part of the process. It is best to not put a buyer in a bad position just because (a Seller) does not want to pay fees.

Sounds pretty similar to what has already been said and I agree so don't worry :)

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2012, 08:29:31 PM »
As a Pokémon collector, it was understood within the community that buyers covered the fees. They're not that much anyway, but your fees as well as costs for shipping materials were always included in your totals. I don't sell often, but when I do that's the formula I go by. I use a fees calculator to add Paypal fees on to the total and I never suggest anyone ever pay for something via gift.

I guess that's what I'm used to, so that's what I expect. Ultimately, sellers can soak up the cost by marking up the item if they decide to pay the fees themselves, but in that case the buyer is paying them anyway. So, yeah. Ultimately it always seems like the buyer is paying the fees one way or the other.

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline Roogna

• Trade Count: (+594)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://roogna.deviantart.com
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2012, 11:29:02 AM »
I always say that paying by gift or helping with fees is appreciated but not required. I'm used to seeing this in other communities as well (all the time with BPAL perfumes - and there, some require it to be paid by thebuyer). If a seller asks me to, I'm happy to pay fees. If they don't ask, then I don't. If I know them - I'll send as gift (as I've done for some MLP people I've bought from). I'm used to being asked and asking. While it seems that most people in this thread are against it, it is fairly common to at least ask ....but I don't see a lot of people *requiring* it
in fact, for larger purchases, I will include a link to the paypal fee calculator so the buyer can see how much in fees i'll lose on the transaction (Which has been $5-15 for some more expensive ponies), and if they send as gift/friend (either free or a muuuuuuch smaller fee) or at least help cover part of it, it make a huge difference.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 11:31:50 AM by Roogna »

DeviantArt Etsy

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal