collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Silly Question - Amazon, HD purchasing of TV show  (Read 201 times)

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
Silly Question - Amazon, HD purchasing of TV show
« on: May 13, 2014, 01:30:49 AM »
I am hoping some of my pony friends can please help out by answering some of my not so net-savvy questions :)

There is a TV show that I really want that is not released on DVD.  I can however buy it from Amazon on HD. 

Now... does that mean I get the show loaded to my Amazon account so I can watch it on my laptop?  Can I re-watch it (ie: does it keep, and if so then for how long?), can I burn it to disc? (after all, I technically own it) and will watching it effect my bandwidth please?

Any help is very gratefully received!!  :hug:

*Passes out cookies* :cookie:  :cookie:  :cookie:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: Silly Question - Amazon, HD purchasing of TV show
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2014, 04:31:03 AM »
You mean with Amazon Instant Video?

It will load within your account and then you need to watch it through Amazon's Instant Video app/website/program - depending on where you are accessing the account.

As long as you "buy" it and don't "rent" it you can watch it as many times as you like and it will stay in your Amazon account for you to click and watch as and when you wish - there is no expiry.

Time for the legal bit...in the terms & conditions you agree to with Amazon you wont be able to burn it to DVD. Amazon uses DRM protection on its shows/movies. So while you can download and burn the movie to DVD you cant then watch it from the DVD [its not actually compatible] - the burned DVD is designed to just be used as a back up and watched again through Amazon Instant Video. For more information on DRM please pm Cat direct :P 

Yes it will affect your bandwidth as typically you will be streaming the show - it does not download to your computer but simply sits in the cloud for you to access as and when and where you wish. So each time you watch it you use bandwidth. HD content can be a monster when streaming - so make sure you have a super fast connection and are prepared for your bandwidth to be hogged if you are not on fibre optic.

Also - make sure it will play in NZ. Depending on which Amazon you are buying from sometimes you have to get clever with your settings to ensure you can watch things.

Also weird question - but do you have an XBox 360 or a Wii or something similar? Both of them carry Amazon Instant Video channels/apps which will allow you to watch it on the television you have the games console hooked up to. Thats assuming your television or cable/satellite provider is not internet ready already.   

Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2014, 07:17:21 AM »
Cat, you know everything don't you? I swear next time I don't know something, I'm coming to you. *tries to think up question cat can't answer*
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2014, 09:35:44 AM »
^^ What she said!

Ive been out of the loop for a bit.  That's interesting information <3
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2014, 10:48:27 PM »
Wow.  Thank you so much, Cat.  That is an awesome amount of information!  I am on a very limited bandwidth so it looks like streaming is not an option for me.  Thank you so much for the legalities explanation as well.  I know it gets sketchy when you copy things but I thought it might be okay as I paid for it.  Apparently not!  :)

Thank you so much again.  :hug:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal