collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Hello from a fellow Pegasister :3  (Read 875 times)

Omgtumbleweed

• Trade Count: (0)
Hello from a fellow Pegasister :3
« on: May 23, 2012, 03:07:06 PM »
Hi all!
[/size]I'm Charlee  :biggrin:  I'm 21, I live in the UK, in Coventry. I'm a student at De montfort university studying animation. My boyfriend and parents are the most important people in my life, and possibly the band Sigur Rós! I've recently got down my collection from when I was little from my attic, and I'm currently sorting through all of my ponies in big storage draws. I collected when I was little, mostly G1 and when G2 came out I collected those for a while. But now I've started buying some G1 that I am missing, and G3 as I feel that I've missed out! I love G4, but I'm going to stick with collecting G3 mostly for the moment! My little ponies are the biggest thing from my childhood, I loved them so much. It's a mix of nostalgia and that feeling you get when you're collecting something( they need a name for that feeling!). I have lots of G1 currently, a handful of G2, several G3 in the post, no G4 at the moment but I'm sure that will change soon enough! I own the G1 castle from when I was younger, and I've found out that my full set of Mountain Boy Ponies are rather sought after! But I'm far too attached to my ponies to sell any. When I've finished my draws and I've tidied all my ponies up I'm sure I'll post some pictures!  :biggrin:

Thank you for reading! I look forward to talking to you all  :)

[/size][/size]

Offline Sonata

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Shop
Re: Hello from a fellow Pegasister :3
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 03:19:44 PM »
Hello fellow animator ! :D So glad to see more animation peeps here !

I would loooove to see your pics ! :frolic: I can't hardly wait to see all the ponies~

Offline teresat

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pony Cow
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 03:21:15 PM »
Welcome!
:biggrin: >_<^.^

Omgtumbleweed

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2012, 03:27:52 PM »

I would loooove to see your pics ! :frolic: I can't hardly wait to see all the ponies~

Hooray for another animator :biggrin: :biggrin: ! I'd love to see your work sometime! I'm only in my first year in university, so my work is rather low-par  ^.^ ! I'm rather excited to scrub up all my ponies (may take a while!) but I find it rather relaxing regardless!

Offline Sonata

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Shop
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2012, 03:39:00 PM »

Hooray for another animator :biggrin: :biggrin: ! I'd love to see your work sometime! I'm only in my first year in university, so my work is rather low-par  ^.^ ! I'm rather excited to scrub up all my ponies (may take a while!) but I find it rather relaxing regardless!

Yeah, me too ! I love cleaning ponies ! xD

You can check my work here http://www.wix.com/fmvsousa/portfolio ! :)

So you are really doing animation, huh? Nice ! I only had a couple of classes in univ and am doing an MA in animation now, but I don't have a lot of work to show either lol

Offline mlpfan

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "I'm too dense to get the hint about the filter" :drama: Pony H OOVES IS BEST PONY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2012, 03:50:06 PM »
welcome@!
"I'm too dense to get the hint about the filter" :drama: Pony H OOVES IS BEST PONY! :cool:

Omgtumbleweed

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2012, 03:59:50 PM »

So you are really doing animation, huh? Nice ! I only had a couple of classes in univ and am doing an MA in animation now, but I don't have a lot of work to show either lol

I must have sat, in this lovely sunshine we've having may I add, all day yesterday and combed a box full of MLP's hair! I regret nothing  :lol: My boyfriend thinks I'm mental! Your work is so awesome! I'm currently studying more 3D animation, 2d animation isn't my strong point! I need to seriously work on my drawing skills though  ^.^ ! Nice about the MA, I was thinking about MA's but I think I'll look further towards my 3rd year.
https://vimeo.com/album/1948457 Here's the stuff I've done over my first year, from rubbish to really rubbish :biggrin: !

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2012, 04:17:08 PM »
Welcome to the Arena, Omgtumbleweed. :wave:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2012, 07:46:23 PM »
Hello and welcome to the Arena!

So glad to have you here!

Offline Saja

• Peacock Queen
  • Trade Count: (+325)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2012, 10:11:38 PM »
Hi and welcome!
Wish list : http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,318839.0.html
See my work on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/saja.navajo Also rehairs and customs for sale in sales album on FB and also and Etsy Store https://www.etsy.com/shop/SajasCreations

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2012, 11:55:06 PM »
 to the Arena!

You have the full set of Mountain Boys?  That is quite a collecting goal for a lot of people. It's great you still have your childhood ponies too. They are the favourites in my collection :frolic:

Offline Sonata

• Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • Shop
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2012, 02:26:44 AM »

I must have sat, in this lovely sunshine we've having may I add, all day yesterday and combed a box full of MLP's hair! I regret nothing  :lol: My boyfriend thinks I'm mental! Your work is so awesome! I'm currently studying more 3D animation, 2d animation isn't my strong point! I need to seriously work on my drawing skills though  ^.^ ! Nice about the MA, I was thinking about MA's but I think I'll look further towards my 3rd year.
https://vimeo.com/album/1948457 Here's the stuff I've done over my first year, from rubbish to really rubbish :biggrin: !

LOL my boyfriend is impressed at the skills when I take care of ponies hair that are all tangled and then get all shiny and beautiful xD It's funny !

I really liked the first video you posted ! The game is really cool ! :D I really like the concept !

Man, I've tried all sorts of animation, but really... 2D is the thing for me. Everything else is just... too impersonal for me; I like to do animation directly to paper and to literally feel it getting done. The problem is the immensity of paper I have to store and have no room for, but that's another topic LOL

Offline Tiella

• Trade Count: (+118)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Professional Multi-Tasker
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art Page
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2012, 07:06:43 AM »
Welcome, I hope you enjoy your time here!

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2012, 09:42:42 PM »
Welcome to the Arena!  I'm sooo jealous that you have a full set of MBs (you're right, they're very sought after.)  You must show them sometime.  Also, I love Sigur Rós too!  Yay!

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Omgtumbleweed

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2012, 08:17:28 AM »
Welcome to the Arena!  I'm sooo jealous that you have a full set of MBs (you're right, they're very sought after.)  You must show them sometime.  Also, I love Sigur Rós too!  Yay!

When I give them a good (but gentle) scrub and a brush I'll post a picture  :biggrin: ! Yay for loving Sigur Rós too! I have yet to listen to their new album  ^.^ but I've heard it's really good!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal