collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Moonracer's art thread/ COMMISSIONS ARE OPEN!!  (Read 3908 times)

Offline Sukeile

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Dancing through life, Brainless and careless
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart page
Re: Moonracer's art thread
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2012, 01:31:58 PM »
Wow! Making Centaur ponies is a wonderful idea!
And like everyone else I also adore the sea ponies, I love that you gave them their own individual looks!

Do you think you'll color any of your drawings in the future? I think they's look great with some color!  :hope:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Avatar by Griffin. Carebear by MistyBlue2010 and Pony by Lina. Thank you <3
Join My Little Pony Facebook group!/ My Wishlist/ My Etsy/  Polly Pocket Locket

Moonracer

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2012, 01:18:06 PM »
Hey! Thanks a lot for the comment. :)

Sorry for the belated reply. In response to your question: yes, I think about coloring some of those drawings. :) I may start coloring some of them soon, now that I've got most of the IRL stuff done and out of the way. :)

Speaking of coloring, here's a pic I did recently:

Fluttershy and the bushwoolies. :) I did this pictures mostly to experiment some more with colored pencils. While I was doing my ATCs for the swap, I figured I really like to color stuff traditionally, and so I decided to make some more traditional artwork, just for further practice - I'm still getting the hang of it. :) Also, sorry if the colors look a bit pale - they're actually a bit darker IRL, but my scanner is being rebellious again. :P

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2012, 06:52:13 PM »
Awwww, Bushwoolies!!!! :lovey:  I always thought they were super adorable. :)

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline Eluluu

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • should be sculpting... ooh! Netflix!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2012, 08:10:19 PM »
yay my favorite G4 with my favorite sub-characters hahaha i love how bushwoolies are so darn... agreeable. =P

Offline Sukeile

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Dancing through life, Brainless and careless
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2012, 07:44:49 AM »
Too cute! And I was right, you do color beautifully! Hope to see more when you have the time    :frolic:

Avatar by Griffin. Carebear by MistyBlue2010 and Pony by Lina. Thank you <3
Join My Little Pony Facebook group!/ My Wishlist/ My Etsy/  Polly Pocket Locket

Moonracer

« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2012, 09:56:51 AM »
yay my favorite G4 with my favorite sub-characters hahaha i love how bushwoolies are so darn... agreeable. =P

Hehehe... Fluttershy has that effect on creatures, I guess. Or maybe, she just use the "stare" on them. XD

Also, I need to draw Angel meeting the Bushwoolies - that would be rather interesting.

Back on topic: thanks for the comments you guys! :) :)

Here's a pic I did recently (not counting the ATC cards - those I'll post later just as they'll reach to my swap partner, 'cause I don't want to spoil the surprise ;)):

Discord and Pinkie Pie. :D Originally it was supposed to be Discord all on his own, but then I decided to add Pinkie. Mostly because I ship these two. :D XD

Strangely enough, not even a day past since I uploaded this pic, when it got uploaded to some pony image site, and featured in one of the most recent Equestria Daily Drawfriend posts. That's a big surprise. O_O

Offline celticowgirl88

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2012, 02:06:03 PM »
Awesome sketches! I love your sea ponies and Scorpan :)  Your work looks great colored!!

Heddwyn ~ Castor

Offline ZennaBug

• View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2012, 05:01:16 PM »
I love Discord and Pinkie!  The poses are too cute and I like your shading.  :lovey:

Moonracer

« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2012, 10:05:29 AM »
*dusts off e-cobwebs*

Boy... I haven't posted here in a while, have I?

Thanks for the comments guys! :)

Anyway, I haven't been really productive since the last time I posted here, but I did make a couple drawings.

So, here it goes:

First we have the ATCs I made for the September swap at the Arena. Since I already posted them in the thread dedicated to the swap, I won't be posting them here, so have a link to the thread:

http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,309154.msg477645.html#msg477645

Next we have two FiM-related pics.

Princess Bonnie (a chara based off Bonnie Zacherle) and Princess Faust (Lauren Faust's alicorn OC). I decided to make this one mostly because while I've seen countless pics of Lauren Faust's alicorn OC being labelled as a "creator", I saw only, like, one pic of someone's fan interpretation of Bonnie Zacherle!alicorn. And I thought that's really a shame... so in a way I made this as a some sort of tribute/support pic and also to connect both G1 and G4.

This one's somewhat based on the whole "Lyra wants hands/wants to be a human" meme that's been going on in the brony fanbase for some time now. Also, I made this inspired on the Spongebob episode I watched at the time called "Musclebob Buffpants" (where Spongebob gets his fake arms and such...). Yeah... don't ask. XD

Also, have some non-pony-related artwork:

Link and Ezlo from "The Minish Cap". I've been getting into the "Legend of Zelda" games recently and "The Minish Cap" is the first Zelda game I actually played/am playing. Unfortunately though, when I made this drawing I didn't realize that Link is actually left-handed not right-handed. Oops... well, like I said, I only started to get into those games recently... ^^'

Fi from "The Skyward Sword" - I got inspired to draw her, after I kept on listening to "Fi's Theme". Also, I drew her because I like her design really much. And no, I haven't played "The Skyward Sword" yet... I don't even own a Wii to begin with... *sigh* maybe someday...

Midna from "The Twilight Princess". Again, I haven't played the game. I know the plot and the characters, but sadly I haven't played the game. :P

Also, in case you're interested, I'm open for commissions. You can find the info here - http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,283480.msg254656.html#msg254656

Right now I'll only have four slots open, since I don't have much time on my hands. But maybe once I'm more available I'd open up more slots. :)

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
Re: Moonracer's art thread/ COMMISSIONS ARE OPEN!!
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2012, 05:05:21 PM »
Nice work.  Your art is very unique :)

Moonracer

« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2012, 05:08:01 AM »
Thank you! :)

Here are some of the drawings I did quite recently. First off, something Zelda-related:

Child Link with Navi. I did this one while waiting for my N64 and Ocarina of Time to arrive. I plan to color this in the near future as well as make a Child!Zelda companion piece.

Sheik. Just Sheik. :)

Link and Navi meetin Kaepora Gaebora - I know the owl can be quite annoying in the game, but I like him anyway. I also like his design - especially when he gets to rotate his head upside-down. Looks kinda badass. XD

And something pony-related for a change:

Sweetie Belle, Applebloom and Scootaloo humanized. This is a redraw of a pic I found on one of the pony blogs on Tumblr. I decided to make a redraw of for an exercise as well as practice some new coloring techniques in Photoshop. Naturally, the credit goes to the original artist.

This was all stuff which you can find on my art blog, on Tumblr. Now I present you with stuff which you can find on my dA page:

Meelo and Rohan from the "Legend of Korra" cartoon.

Chibi Sheik (the drawing is a semi-parody of the "I-Ninja" game XD). I made this one to practice with watercolor pencils.

The Moon from "Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask". This one was made to practice with dry pastels.

And, last but not least, here's the most recent picture I made:

Scorpan and baby Spike. This picture has a bit of back story behind it, which I didn't feel like dumping here, so if you're interested you can go to my dA page and read about it.

And that's basically it.

Also, just a reminder: I'm still open for commissions, so if you're interesting you can PM me. :)     

Offline Nence

• Tarot Orchid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+21)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • ~.Which tarot-card did you picked up today? .~
    • View Profile
    • mymlplife.blogg.se
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2012, 08:04:49 AM »
Beautiful drawings!! :)

Thank you kissthethunder and audra-hime for my beautiful ponies <3
..:Click on the globe to visit my MLP-blog:..
Libella~Wistful Autumn~Golden Love~Twist~Clover~

Offline ZennaBug

• View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2012, 02:51:43 PM »
Aww, I love the one of Scorpan and Spike!  :lovey:

Moonracer

« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2013, 01:20:14 PM »
Thanks a lot for the pleasant comments everyone! :)

Boy, it's been a while since I last updated this thread...

Now granted, I got so caught up in the University work I didn't really have enough time for drawing, plus I was going through a major art block at the time, thus I couldn't really come up with anything new. :P

Well, this is all gonna change. :)   

Starting off with the oldest and moving to the newest:

Princess Luna - this was done using dry pastels.

Some random dragons - since I usually suck at drawing them, I decided to practice a little, especially since I'll be drawing dragons in the near future. Hence these sketches/studies.

Ben... the infamous character from the "Haunted Majora's Mask" creepypasta by Jadusable. One of the works I really, really like and am proud of.

http://suzie-chan.deviantart.com/art/MLP-related-sketchdump-1-Scorpan-s-people-358055700
http://suzie-chan.deviantart.com/art/MLP-related-sketchdump-2-Scorpan-s-people-cont-358151085?q=gallery%3Asuzie-chan%2F41404284&qo=1

Sketchdumps, featuring some of the drawings of Scorpan's people. Now I mentioned somewhere (this thread I believe) that in my personal headcanon Scorpan does not transform back into human, but instead belongs to this really monster-like race. Since then I actually made a couple sketches and test designs to try and see what members of Scorpan's race might look like. I'm not posting the images, because they're REALLY big.

And my most recent baby:

Young Tirek and filly Luna. This drawings is dedicated to Intelligent-Zombie on deviantart, who's a Tirek/Nightmare Moon shipper, and whose drawings have inspired me to draw these two. :D

And that's pretty much it. In the near future I plan on drawing more stuff as well as color the drawings I already made, so stay tuned for more. ;)

Moonracer

« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2013, 04:17:01 AM »
Sorry for the double post - got two more pics for you.

Remember that old Spunky sketch I posted in the very beginning of this thread. Well, I decided to redraw it and then color it. The end resut is this:

Also, have some Pinkie Pie:

It's a colored version of an old sketch I did some time ago... 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal