collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: So... How do you display your ponies?  (Read 1549 times)

Offline Nemesis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Material Girl
    • View Profile
So... How do you display your ponies?
« on: December 30, 2014, 03:55:00 PM »
My ponies are extremely disorganized at the moment, and I'm trying to come up with a creative way to display more of them. I was wondering... How do you display your collection/s? As I'm sure many of you know, collections tend to quickly outgrow their allotted shelf space. XD If you have photos, all the better. :3 Thanks!
🌈⭐️Check out my wishlist! Seeking all generations of ponies, Fashion Star Fillies, Magic Meadow Ponies, REMCO ponies, Sweetie Pups/Kitties, cutesy 80s/90s toys, and more!🦄🌙

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: So... How do you display your ponies?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2014, 05:00:53 PM »
All of my ponies are in boxes at the moment.  I've found that Pinterest is a great place for unique display ideas.  Lots of pony/doll collections on there!

ponygrl07

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2014, 05:13:45 PM »
Mine are all in boxes too. :/ soon I hope to have them up on shelves...I was thinking about doing small floating shelves, but I'm not sure what I will actually do when I have the space...

Offline amazonarabian

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2014, 05:28:42 PM »
I have shelves for my G1s, and little acrylic stands and steps for them on the shelves, so no one gets their purdy face hidden by someone else's mane.  Doesn't alway work perfectly for everybody- there is a crazy domino effect that happens should someone tilt too far into someone else's space.

I also don't "math" well, so I have a few acrylic stands that will, in no way, fit ponies.   :sheepish:  Darn you, ebay seller, for taking beautiful and clear close-up photos!

I also have a random wooden changing table that functions as my make-shift Ponyville for G4s.  I have a couple of those Lil' Woodzeez sets that fit my G4s perfectly, so everypony mills about shopping at the farmer's market or bakery.  Kind of need a better set-up for them, as the bottoms shelves aren't very accessible, but I like Spiff's recommendation of Pinterest for better ideas.
Thank you, brightberry, for my lovely avi.

Offline HelloGoodbye

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2014, 05:59:50 PM »
Currently mine are boxed or haphazardly taking over various surfaces of my room...  They are in limbo right now because I'm waiting on a new bookshelf!  It is exciting that I'm getting the bookshelf because that means they will finally be able to be displayed in a way that does them justice!  Of course, they'll be sharing the bookshelf with overflow from my Breyer horse display, some anime figures, and, spoiler alert, actual books, lol, but that's beside the point, haha. 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to Nence for my adoptable!

Offline Jinxxy

• Trade Count: (+96)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Fancy Rats, Fursuiting and Neon green ponies!
    • View Profile
    • http://mlparena.com!!!
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2014, 06:18:34 PM »
Mine are reaaaally random at the moment. I used to have them sectioned off, but since I'm not a cpmpletionist anyways I decided to mis them. My army of Rainbow dDashes is just kindof randomly sprinkled in with everything else. So e Monster High here or there, Some Simba's over there... The only things that are really together are my Mountain Boys and Fakies..mI've never had my collection displayed this way and I have to say, I REALLY lime it!

I've had them all in rainbow order when I had a feally long shelf. Very mixed then too.
I've also had them sectioned off by Gen and type, but it isn't as fun and random as right now :)
 Also seeking QBs Hat, 2017 easter egg RD

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2014, 07:18:31 PM »
Mine went from one shelf to one bookcase to one wall of bookcases to one room filled with ponies...do not follow this path its dangerous :P

Alas I am not one to offer advice as I caved under the pony demands and gave them an entire room.

I have seen lots of creative options over the years though - ponies hanging from ceilings, ponies in beautifully converted cupboards or stand alone closets. So much imagination! And also people who store most of their ponies and cycle them out on display which is a cute idea if you have limited space but want to see all your ponies.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Katika

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2014, 07:53:53 PM »
Almost all of mine are displayed on those closet shoe storage things you can get at Lowes.  They're the perfect height for *most* of the G1 poses, and then only Fashion Style and larger sizes of the newer generations won't fit in the shelves and have to go top shelf.  I currently have all of my ponies lined up by pose, so they sort of nest together, as to maximize how many ponies per shelf fit.  Most of my collection is currently displayed on these shelves, with the exception of everyone I got for the holidays and a handful awaiting restoration.  I'm getting ready to do a detailed inventory of everyone, though, so they may be getting rearranged soon :)

Offline okapishomapi

• Programming Pony
  • Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • NERD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2014, 09:57:54 PM »
All of my ponies are in boxes at the moment.  I've found that Pinterest is a great place for unique display ideas.  Lots of pony/doll collections on there!

I must be searching wrong because I CANNOT find any doll or pony displays on Pinterest!! Any tips or boards you could send me to?

Thank you, taxel and Antlercat!
Okapi's Want List ~ Fishmeal Ref ~ Shomapi Ref

Offline Rhubarbpie

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2014, 11:36:43 PM »
I like to use clean crisp white shelving in my pony room, its still a work in progress and I do need to add more shelves, here are some photo's....

2014_0818ponyroom0001 by sallistina, on Flickr

2014_0818ponyroom0015 by sallistina, on Flickr

Any merchandise I have (and I have loads of the stuff  :biggrin: ) goes into pink pop up storage cubes according to what it is - stationary in one, cosmetics in another and so on.  I try and use MLP luggage to store MLP accessories - pony wear and the like.

roselalonde

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2014, 11:51:42 PM »
Mine are on my bookcase, two tiny shelves I have between my closets, my windowsills, all over my desk, my nightstand, and on my bed. I also have a ton displayed on the top shelf of my dorm. :biggrin:

Offline hilamb

• Myrskyisä yö poni
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dreamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2014, 12:08:00 AM »
I have them storaged at my moms, and a small hedr at my place, in a glass shelf. :)

Thank you :heart:

Offline mlp_loving

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Follow me on Instagram @mlp_loving ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2014, 11:56:20 AM »
Right now I have about 15 on a shelf in my room, and the other 40 or so are in 2 storage bins in the garage. I plan on digging them all back out soon though and may display some more. At one point they were all on a shelf in my room, but then in 2008 or 2009 I kinda grew out of them and put them in bins. Now I'm back to collecting! I also have 43 G1's that are taking over a shelf and my entire desk. I need them get more organized soon on 1 dedicated shelving unit.

Adoptables by SDS ♥

♥ MLP dedicated Instagram - @mlp_loving ♥

Offline Eurocoin

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2014, 01:22:07 PM »
This is my current pony display.

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2014, 01:23:17 PM »
I have a pony room and use the Ikea Billy system for shelving.  Eventually the whole room will be Billy but ATM I have a large hutch from my grandmother on one wall.  The closet had built-in shelving and Aadra and I installed a pegboard for MOC items. 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal