collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Do you wear shoes inside?  (Read 3802 times)

Offline Sandi

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Do you wear shoes inside?
« on: February 03, 2016, 03:40:38 AM »
I know in some countries you do and some you don't. In Sweden we do not wear shoes inside the house. It's considered rude to walk in with shoes in somebody else's house. The same goes for a lot of schools. The two schools I went to from 1st to 9th grade you took off your shoes. In the highschool I went to you were allowed to wear shoes inside. For you who wear shoes inside; doesn't it get really dirty?  :P
G1, G2 and G3 collector. I also collect a bunch of other stuff. (Too much..)
My collection website
My toy Instagram
My cat/nature Instagram
My Tumblr

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
Re: Do you wear shoes inside?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2016, 04:39:23 AM »
I always take my shoes off when I am at home or go to someone else's home. I just think it's polite and I feel guilty if I don't. The only time I don't is when it's so dirty I don't want to be in my socks and the host says to keep them on...otherwise I end up staying at the door. We don't take our shoes off in public places like school though.  My mom wears her shoes in the house but that is doctors order due to her having plantar fasciitis or something else with her feet I believe.  She has even been told to wear shoes to go to the bathroom at night!  :blink:
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 06:50:45 AM by nessa16 »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2016, 05:07:41 AM »
I'm not sure if it's rude or not in the UK, but we always take shoes off in the house. I don't know whether this was a habit informed by my  mother's work with Japanese people when I was a kid or if it just saved the cleaning, but we've always done it. And, even now, I don't wear my shoes around my uni room. I have slippers instead, although I will wear shoes in the kitchen because it's a communal area.

At proper home, shoes are immediately off on entering the house :)

At secondary school shoes only got taken off/changed for sport lessons, but at primary school we had indoor pumps which we changed into from our outdoor shoes each time we came in (at the start of school, at break and dinner).
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2016, 05:57:08 AM »
Almost my entire family wears shoes in the house, which drives me up the walls... I dont wear them in the house, unless im having to make a ton of trips in and out.. but I usually make sure (if possible) that my reasons for in and out trips are situated near the door so I don't actually have to clomp through the house lol.

I don't like wearing shoes.. In the summer I wear flip flops.. or nothing xD
Even in the winter, I'm usually barefoot.. But I've also never broken that habit of walking on the front of my feet, so I guess that's one reason why I feel like shoes and socks are uncomfortable for me lol. If I had my own house, then I'd definitely strictly forbid people from wearing shoes into my house. That might sound kinda unreasonable? but I've always been rather sensitive to bad vibes I guess, and not knowing where people have been walking or what they've been doing in their shoes has always bugged me when they walk through my house. But since I don't own the house I live in, I can't really make big rules like that.
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2016, 06:01:33 AM »
My family are all from Europe (I dont mean like 10 generations ago, I mean my Grandma is from Germany) and although I was born and raised in the US I was NEVER allowed to walk around in my shoes! Its considered dirty and unsanitary to my family so it kind of stuck with me or I would get spanked LOL. I always take them off near the door on the tile, even now! ^-^

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2016, 06:16:30 AM »
Depends? I often wear shoes that are my inside shoes sometimes, but really I don't like shoes much so when I get home I pull them off. But we don't have carpet and I hate getting things stuck to my feet so I have shoes that slip on and off easily for inside.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Lore-Lei

• Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2016, 06:20:27 AM »
We don't wear shoes at home since getting the dirt out of the carpet would be a nightmare. However, we do wear fluffy flip-flops in the kitchen and dining area to prevent slipping on the parquet. Not always, but more often than not.

Offline RainbowRay

• Brush N Grow Pony
  • so very rainbow
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2016, 06:22:51 AM »
I'm the only one in my family who doesn't! Partly to be tidy, mostly because I like my feet to be free  :P  I like to sit with my feet tucked under me and shoes get in the way of that! I also like to pick things up off the floor with my toes sometimes. It's good to have that option.

Offline Shileah

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2016, 06:37:48 AM »
No shoes for me (and the hubby) in my own home, except for some soft slippers as I tend to get cold feet easily (except in summer time of course). I take my shoes off at my parent's place, and when I stay somewhere overnight, but not for just a regular visit, unless I am asked to take them off of course. Same with people visiting us, most visitors leave their shoes on.

I'm not too much of a fan of shoes in the house, and I used to ask visitors to take them off, but it actually happened that people refused to do so because they wanted to spare me the smell of their feet or claimed to have so sweaty feet that they would leave sweat stains on the floor. It's not that my place is dirty or that there are any Lego feet bombs lying around, so it must have been their bad manners. I've stopped asking now. We have tiled or wooden floors everywhere anyways so it is less a hassle to clean it, than to be upset that they plain out refused to take out their shoes.

I used to live in Switzerland for a couple of years and it was really nice there, even craftsmen that had something to do in the house took off their shoes before entering without me needing to say anything. Wouldn't happen here, they'd rather walk around with muddy shoes than take them off!
Specifically looking for G1 with pen markings similar to this (my initials - W.S.):

Instagram

Offline Ribbs

• Trade Count: (+54)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • My music
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2016, 07:02:29 AM »
We wear our shoes indoors here. (and mop the floors regularly) I live in the mountains and always wear boots, so taking them off everytime we came inside would be very annoying. :)

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2016, 07:34:56 AM »
Sometimes.... but only if I haven't had the time to unlace my boots!  Usually it's barefeet for me! 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2016, 08:23:59 AM »
Ever since we bought a house I've been all about the "no shoes inside" rule. I guess I didn't care before in our apartment, but the carpet in our house is super nice and everyone comes in through the kitchen anyway, so I tell everyone to take their shoes off. Plus I love walking around in my bare feet or wearing slippers.

If I go to someone else's house, I always ask before walking all the way in if they would like me to remove my shoes.
Instagram / Want List

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2016, 08:28:57 AM »
If I'm at home or in someone else's house, it's always strictly shoes off, but in public places, I usually keep them on. That said, there's a whole load of awkwardness when it comes to being tattooed; I don't feel comfortable keeping my shoes on while sitting in the chair but whenever I ask the tattooist if I should take them off, it's always met with confused expressions! :S

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2016, 08:47:08 AM »
I always take my shoes off and I have slippers that I wear round the house. We have very light coloured carpets.

When I visit peoples houses I always take my shoes off, I often take my slippers with me to wear in their house too. I have a pair of slippers that live at my partners house :)

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline Archer

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/manga_mayhem/index.html
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2016, 10:39:57 AM »
If i go to someone else's house i'll remove my shoes, it's just polite. However i live in my shoes at home. I always have them on...i have them on right now lol XD Whether they're my trainers, converse or sandals in summer i'll have them on :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal