collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Rebranding Brushables Spotted? (Royal Family in Packaging! Page 14)  (Read 30187 times)

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Rebranding Brushables Spotted? (Royal Family in Packaging! Page 14)
« Reply #390 on: October 30, 2016, 05:18:34 PM »
Since Hasbro is having such a hard time with their artistic work on these it makes me not feel so bad about my crazy pony drawings. I don't know what to think.  I never really cared for G4 all that much in the first place and now to me their noses look like another animal. I am still trying to figure out what animal I am thinking of.  I know plenty of collectors will love any changes that come out.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: October 30, 2016, 06:26:30 PM »
now to me their noses look like another animal. I am still trying to figure out what animal I am thinking of.

Pig? XD
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #392 on: October 30, 2016, 07:32:18 PM »
now to me their noses look like another animal. I am still trying to figure out what animal I am thinking of.

Pig? XD
Oink
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: October 30, 2016, 07:49:45 PM »

Pig? XD
Oink

*Looks at wings* Pigs really do fly!
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Pearlinbloom

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #394 on: November 02, 2016, 09:53:26 AM »
Ok, so I wasn't around for G3 or 3.5 at all but I've been wondering, is there precedent for the .5 gen to have new versions of harder to find ponies? For example, could we see a 4.5 Star Swirl or Diamond Tiara? Or are completely new ones more likely? Was it a healthy mix of both last time?

Offline Jorgito93

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: November 02, 2016, 10:00:44 AM »
Ok, so I wasn't around for G3 or 3.5 at all but I've been wondering, is there precedent for the .5 gen to have new versions of harder to find ponies? For example, could we see a 4.5 Star Swirl or Diamond Tiara? Or are completely new ones more likely? Was it a healthy mix of both last time?
IIRC G3.5 had only the core seven, so no new versions of rare g3s.We don't know for this line yet.

Offline ghouldilocks

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Rainbow Stable
« Reply #396 on: November 02, 2016, 01:24:18 PM »
IIRC G3.5 had only the core seven, so no new versions of rare g3s.We don't know for this line yet.

Since they're making/have made Cadance and Shining Armor with Flurry Heart, I'd say it's a possibility that they might do some of the other fan favorites as well, unless that is just a special release.

ISO: ITALIAN PRETTY PARLOR

(formerly known as ClawleenMeowlen)

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: November 02, 2016, 05:31:35 PM »

Since they're making/have made Cadance and Shining Armor with Flurry Heart, I'd say it's a possibility that they might do some of the other fan favorites as well, unless that is just a special release.

Well, we already know they are doing Cheerilee and Lyra.  And I wouldn't even classify Cheerilee as a fan favorite.

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: November 02, 2016, 11:22:52 PM »
I'm confused as to why this would be called 4.5.
G3.5 was not only called this way because the mold changed, the lore and world changed too. The world G3 had build up (Unicornia/Spike/Butterfly Island...) was suddenly gone. The only reason it was still linked to G3 was because the main characters were still the same from the core 7 G3 days. Aside from that, pretty much everything changed.

These are not like that at all.
These are simply new molds. Molds that are suppossed to mimick the show style closer. There isn't a big style change anywhere and the lore sure did not change in any way. Heck, we should have gotten new molds AGES AGO.
Characters had several molds in the past and noone had trouble with that. That's were things like "the donkey pose" or "the diva pose" came from in the first place. This really is not a new sub-gen. People are way too eager to throw around "G4.5!" every time some change happens.
(Like how some wanted Equestria Girls to be G4.5)

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #399 on: November 03, 2016, 03:18:34 AM »
Generations are about the toys, not the shows.

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #400 on: November 03, 2016, 04:57:14 AM »
I'm confused as to why this would be called 4.5.
G3.5 was not only called this way because the mold changed, the lore and world changed too. The world G3 had build up (Unicornia/Spike/Butterfly Island...) was suddenly gone. The only reason it was still linked to G3 was because the main characters were still the same from the core 7 G3 days. Aside from that, pretty much everything changed.

These are not like that at all.
These are simply new molds. Molds that are suppossed to mimick the show style closer. There isn't a big style change anywhere and the lore sure did not change in any way. Heck, we should have gotten new molds AGES AGO.
Characters had several molds in the past and noone had trouble with that. That's were things like "the donkey pose" or "the diva pose" came from in the first place. This really is not a new sub-gen. People are way too eager to throw around "G4.5!" every time some change happens.
(Like how some wanted Equestria Girls to be G4.5)

The .5 is primarily for the toys and these new molds are a style change that seem to be replacing the current style of the line (at least for the main brushable line). Using G3 Donkey and Diva poses are not style changes for that line, just new poses in the same style of the line.

I would say something about the show itself but that is a completely different forum XD
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: November 03, 2016, 06:22:15 AM »
Yes, G4 is kinda unique because all the previous gens of the toys had animation/commercials/etc. that were developed to support and follow the toy line, while G4 kinda feels like the opposite, the toy line is now being developed to follow the show. So it's hard to hold G4 to the same critiques as G3 and G3.5.

Like, for G3.5, it wasn't that the toys changed because the lore and animation changed, but actually visa versa. The lore and animation changed because they were changing the toy line. But with G4, even if they completely rehauled and changed the toy line, it probably wouldn't be reflected much in the show (unless the show was going in that direction anyway).

That being said, I think most people are just going to call this "the new style" or something similar until it's not new anymore lol. It's looking more and more like this is going to stick around and replace the regular brushables, though, so it looks like the toy line is going to be fundamentally different moving forward. (Not counting the side-lines like EG and GoH.) But only time will tell for sure.
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: November 03, 2016, 10:24:31 AM »

Even when there weren't shows there was lore behind them. Sometimes it was just backcard stores and sometimes it was enriched with a cartoon.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: November 03, 2016, 01:09:55 PM »

Even when there weren't shows there was lore behind them. Sometimes it was just backcard stores and sometimes it was enriched with a cartoon.

That's true, but there was a major lore change at the end of g1 with "Tales" yet we still call those ponies g1 because the toys didn't fundamentally change.

Post Merge: November 03, 2016, 01:22:44 PM

That being said, I think most people are just going to call this "the new style" or something similar until it's not new anymore lol. It's looking more and more like this is going to stick around and replace the regular brushables, though, so it looks like the toy line is going to be fundamentally different moving forward. (Not counting the side-lines like EG and GoH.) But only time will tell for sure.

It's all good calling them the "new style" now.  But eventually people are going to want to have a designation for this style.  Like in 5 years if someone is listing a Fluttershy for sale and they want to distinguish whether she is early G4 or later G4 they will want an easily identifiable term that most In the community will recognize.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 01:22:44 PM by Sunset »

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: November 03, 2016, 01:27:17 PM »
well, from what I've gathered by reading old threads and such, there wasn't really a consensus reached on what G3.5 should be called until G4 started, right?

I still say that the argument "well Equestria Girls isn't called G4.5" is silly, EQG is just a sideline, it's like saying G3 Ponyvilles should be "G3.5" or Sweetheart Sisters should be "G1.5".

I keep going back and forth on what I think these should be called, my mind's changing by the minute... atm I kind of feel like.. if the Fashion Styles and blindbags change to match these too, it should be G4.5, but if not, idk. But I'm not sure honestly.. I think we should just wait and see where this goes before trying to decide what to call these new ponies, personally.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal