collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Rebranding Brushables Spotted? (Royal Family in Packaging! Page 14)  (Read 30462 times)

Offline Sunset

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Rebranding Brushables Spotted? (Royal Family in Packaging! Page 14)
« Reply #360 on: October 26, 2016, 07:06:27 PM »
To me G4.5 would imply a much bigger shift in style.  G3.5 was radically different from G3.  These are different from the current G4s, but not that different.

I agree. If that were the case then EG would be G4.5 or G5.
But EG wasn't pony.. they were pony based dolls and a completely different line

I'm going to hold off calling these anything because I do doubt they are anything related to GoH

Did anyone see this post on MLP Merch: http://www.mlpmerch.com/2016/10/reboot-series-royal-spin-along-chariots-brushables-revealed.html

and I'm thinking that if this is a blindbag set then apparently the packaging is infact a reboot packaging: http://www.mlpmerch.com/2016/10/rarity-sets-confirmed-for-next-Fim-Collection.html

Thanks for posting this!

Though that second listing is for the Friendship is Magic Collection which are the mini figures.  So not the first male earth pony in that size.

I am so glad that the mini figure sets will continue.

And this also goes a long way toward establishing that the whole line is going to get this new packaging if the mini figures are getting it too.

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #361 on: October 26, 2016, 07:09:56 PM »
To me G4.5 would imply a much bigger shift in style.  G3.5 was radically different from G3.  These are different from the current G4s, but not that different.

I'm going to hold off calling these anything because I do doubt they are anything related to GoH

Did anyone see this post on MLP Merch: http://www.mlpmerch.com/2016/10/reboot-series-royal-spin-along-chariots-brushables-revealed.html

and I'm thinking that if this is a blindbag set then apparently the packaging is infact a reboot packaging: http://www.mlpmerch.com/2016/10/rarity-sets-confirmed-for-next-Fim-Collection.html

Thanks for posting this!

Though that second listing is for the Friendship is Magic Collection which are the mini figures.  So not the first male earth pony in that size.

I am so glad that the mini figure sets will continue.

And this also goes a long way toward establishing that the whole line is going to get this new packaging if the mini figures are getting it too.
I edited my post after I realized that set was a blind bag character set XD

There are some plushies on MLP Merch that have the box/tray thing they sit in with the new look as well
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #362 on: October 26, 2016, 08:09:42 PM »
I'm calling them 4.5 until we get some confirmation that they're not the new brushables, but it really look like they're replacing the old molds. They're a drastic change from the original G4 molds.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #363 on: October 26, 2016, 08:31:36 PM »
I'm calling them 4.5 until we get some confirmation that they're not the new brushables, but it really look like they're replacing the old molds. They're a drastic change from the original G4 molds.
It's not as drastic as G3 to G3.5 but for many of the ponies it is a huge change. I do wonder when they will be released though...
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Sunset

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: October 27, 2016, 07:03:26 AM »
It's not as drastic as G3 to G3.5 but for many of the ponies it is a huge change. I do wonder when they will be released though...

At this point it would seem logical that they will present them at the NY toy fair.  But sometimes some of the stuff they show there does end up on shelves early.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: October 27, 2016, 07:11:18 AM »

They were still a drastic change and departure. And incredibly creepy to boot.

These don't feel like G4.5 either.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline TornadoTwist

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Author of MLP Merch
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: October 27, 2016, 08:16:01 AM »
Hmm... they are re-releasing the first wave of the carry case brushables with their old/current molds: http://www.mlpmerch.com/2016/10/folding-playsets-getting-re-released.html

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: October 27, 2016, 08:31:27 AM »
Hmm... they are re-releasing the first wave of the carry case brushables with their old/current molds: http://www.mlpmerch.com/2016/10/folding-playsets-getting-re-released.html

Hasbro development meeting:

Guy1: Hey Bill, if we put the same toy in a new package and make it blue instead of pink, you think the parents will buy it again?
Guy2: Hank, you're a genius! Let's give ourselves raises!
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Sunset

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: October 27, 2016, 09:43:30 AM »
Could be that they simply had a lot of the toys left that hadn't been packaged yet and the wanted them to match the upcoming line.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: October 27, 2016, 09:46:57 AM »

Hasbro development meeting:

Guy1: Hey Bill, if we put the same toy in a new package and make it blue instead of pink, you think the parents will buy it again?
Guy2: Hank, you're a genius! Let's give ourselves raises!

:snicker:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: October 27, 2016, 09:50:18 AM »
Could be that they simply had a lot of the toys left that hadn't been packaged yet and the wanted them to match the upcoming line.

I'd bet anything this is the case. Same thing happened when Monster High redesigned their packaging.

They were still a drastic change and departure. And incredibly creepy to boot.

No, EQG are/were a sideline, a spin-off of the main line. Ponyville was a sideline in G3 and no one was saying they should be G3.5....

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: October 27, 2016, 10:57:31 AM »

I'd bet anything this is the case. Same thing happened when Monster High redesigned their packaging.

As well as when things changed from Rainbow Rocks to Cutie Mark Magic and again from Cutie Mark Magic to Explore Equestria. It's just for uniformity when packaging changes in the middle of an item's run. I personally like that they are going for less pink. It looks like they finally got the memo that just because something is targeted towards girls doesn't mean it needs to be slathered in pink.

Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #372 on: October 27, 2016, 11:16:45 AM »
Seriously.   The funny thing is G1 MLP hardly ever had pink as the main background color.  Usually it was white, blue, and/or green.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: October 28, 2016, 11:43:47 AM »

As well as when things changed from Rainbow Rocks to Cutie Mark Magic and again from Cutie Mark Magic to Explore Equestria. It's just for uniformity when packaging changes in the middle of an item's run. I personally like that they are going for less pink. It looks like they finally got the memo that just because something is targeted towards girls doesn't mean it needs to be slathered in pink.

I agree this is probably what happened. I picture the poor production teams and employees having to quickly re-organize constantly to keep up with the current branding. 
~Foxtale~

Offline SweetLemons

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
  • "Ganbaruby!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: October 28, 2016, 05:39:10 PM »

That's all for now...I could have more soon...

I can also say that there will be other characters than the mane 6...can't say who but you'll find out at the toy fair. They'll be pretty lit. A source (who I can't exactly say) sent me these and could possibly have more later but these are scheduled for next year. It won't be all mane 6 rereleases, as they're here to somewhat establish the line. There will be new characters as well. These all lead up to the MLP movie, which will have LOADS of playsets and assorted stuff. 2017 is (in their words) MLP's biggest year since 1984.

Post Merge: October 28, 2016, 06:05:29 PM

Well a certain website also got these pictures as well. We have new pictures of the royal family.

But yeah apparently from my source there are more coming. So, there you go.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 06:05:30 PM by SweetLemons »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal