collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: SDCC Pony 2016  (Read 33175 times)

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: SDCC Pony?
« Reply #60 on: June 29, 2016, 11:13:50 AM »
Sigh. Tired of this, Hasbro, really tired.

I don't mind that fluttershy is jointed, that's not the issue, I just find the whole thing disappointing? Stop rehashing your normal products with small edits and passing them off as exclusives. Give us something new and special and unique.

I agree. People hated on The Mane-iac exclusive from a few years ago, but at least that was something different. Yes, it had molded hair and people seem to hate that, but I think it made for a great collectible! We don't have any other ponies in that pose/mold (that I can think of off the top of my head), the packaging was nice... I know that's all a matter of opinion, but compared to this? I dunno, this just doesn't seem worth $50 to me.

I agree. I completely forgot about mane-iac (whoops) but even that was better than this or that stupid chicken pinkie pie  -_-

I'm also disappointed they didn't do something more special. Look at the MH exclusives. While GB Frankie is just another Frankie she is in a special outfit that will probably never get released otherwise. Much like Chicken Pie. Robecca uses the regular molds for her character but they gave her doll a shiny brassy finish and packed her with a character who will probably not get a single release. Why couldn't Hasbro at least give them a special finish. It doesn't need to be a new mold but at least do something more with the mold than just an eye repaint and pack it with a main character who should get a single release?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 11:18:53 AM by Wardah »
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 29, 2016, 11:21:41 AM »
HA! Wow, all the build up to this.... Glad I get to save my $50, I guess. I can't believe the exclusive is a GoH line (although I guess that's not too surprising) in the exact same mold as what will be sold in stores! I doubt even Fluttershy will be a SDCC exclusive. I'm sure we'll get a GoH of all the Mane 6 at some point, even if it takes a little while. And no doubt she will be the same mold as this one.
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 29, 2016, 11:56:55 AM »
HA! Wow, all the build up to this.... Glad I get to save my $50, I guess. I can't believe the exclusive is a GoH line (although I guess that's not too surprising) in the exact same mold as what will be sold in stores! I doubt even Fluttershy will be a SDCC exclusive. I'm sure we'll get a GoH of all the Mane 6 at some point, even if it takes a little while. And no doubt she will be the same mold as this one.

Same mold isn't even why I'm disappointed. MH Frankie and Robecca use the same exact molds as their other dolls. But they still managed to make them special. Meanwhile Hasbro couldn't even manage to do Blue Flu Discord?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 12:34:03 PM by Wardah »
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #63 on: June 29, 2016, 12:00:42 PM »
Wow.  Most underwhelming SDCC pony ever?  Even chicken Pinkie Pie at least came with a unique accessory.

Beautiful box art, though.

EDIT:  Also perhaps someone could edit the title of this thread so people know the pony has been revealed?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 12:05:28 PM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+170)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 29, 2016, 12:28:48 PM »
So the base lights up with the use of batteries, huh.  Kind of the same gimmick they used with the DJ pony a few years back, only DJ's was better executed from what I can see.    This is not enough to warrant the $50 price tag in my opinion, but I'll still be getting it because I'm still collecting one of each release, especially exclusives.  :sleepy:  That doesn't mean I'm not disappointed though.   I would MUCH prefer a haired pony, not an action figure. 

« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 12:44:22 PM by ashlyne »

Offline Roogna

• Trade Count: (+594)
    • View Profile
    • http://roogna.deviantart.com
Re: SDCC Pony 2016
« Reply #65 on: June 29, 2016, 01:24:15 PM »
OMG DISCORD!!!!
flails around in excitement. I don't care for the base or articulated FS, but looks cool in box

*then I read the comments...we can buy they same figure, same pose, different box later this year for less? maybe hasbro decided to scratch that and use him here *instead*?

DeviantArt Etsy

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #66 on: June 29, 2016, 01:35:32 PM »
I actually really like it. But given that Discord will be out later with the Guardians of Harmony set, I'll probably skip it. If not for that, I'd definitely go for this.
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline SpaceButtPonies

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • 6v9
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 29, 2016, 01:58:27 PM »
Can I just have the box?

Siggy made by tailrustedtealeaf

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+170)
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 29, 2016, 02:00:36 PM »
Can I just have the box?

Yes.  For $50.

:lol:

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #69 on: June 29, 2016, 02:09:42 PM »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Sparkle Pony

• F.O.E. Pony
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • I'm not scrawny, I'm svelte!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 29, 2016, 02:14:54 PM »
Hasbro! :pout:  Dagnabbit what does it take to get a nice exclusive around here anymore.  The G3 mold ones, :muffin: pony, and heck even Mane-iac were nice.  But man, getting this after Chicken Pie is just lame.  All I want is a little effort.

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #71 on: June 29, 2016, 02:17:23 PM »
I think the latest exclusive, along with weirdo chicken pie, is evidence that Discord has been put in charge of deciding what the exclusives will be each year.

ETA: BY THE WAY, this exclusive isn't even a PONY! Yes, they threw in Fluttershy, but she's just a clone of other Fluttershys that already exist.  :pout:

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 29, 2016, 02:25:32 PM »
Once again the box is more interesting than the actual product. Amazing. X )
Good thing i no longer got high hopes for these exclusives.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 29, 2016, 02:42:05 PM »
Huh.  Well, I think it ranks above bedazzled DJPon3 (in my book the worst exclusive to date)  but below Maneiac and Chicken pie and even regular brushable muffin.

The box is gorgeous-  I am confused by the Fluttershy figure. And she is so not cute ?

The figure set is so much like the WeLoveFine Discord/Fluttershy figurine sets that sold so poorly. Only Fluttershy is way less cute? I mean I like her joints but her hair... And I suppose this set is plastic instead of resin.

The price is too high for a plastic set, even with a "lighted base."

But at least there is no risk it will sell out...

Offline Dragonflitter

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 29, 2016, 02:43:18 PM »

*then I read the comments...we can buy they same figure, same pose, different box later this year for less? maybe hasbro decided to scratch that and use him here *instead*?

Hmm that's a good point, but I think they showed that other Discord at a toy fair... so I think it would be odd to change their mind once it's already been 'officially' shown off and make it an exclusive? Unless I'm mistaken...
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal