collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Hey-ho!  (Read 268 times)

robofinch

• Trade Count: (0)
Hey-ho!
« on: October 28, 2014, 04:55:58 PM »
Hello! It's been a while since I've joined a forum, but I've been looking for advice recently, so I thought a Pony forum would be a good place to learn!

:drunk:

I'm 26, and have been with ponies on and off for most of my life. When I first started, I had a few G2 ponies and loved watching the cartoon series at the time (MLP Tales). When G3 rolled around I thought they looked so different from the G2 that I just couldn't care about them (and I may have been in my "too cool for baby stuff" stage, haha).
Admittedly, G4 is what brought me back into ponies and the show, but I only have a few of the toys, and find myself wanting to see what else I've missed over the years.

In my collection, I have the keychain versions of my favorite G2 ponies (Ivy and Lightheart), since my G2s were unfortunately donated. I plan on getting Sundance and Morning Glory back one day.
About a year or two ago I decided to try out G3 and got myself Cherry Blossom and Summer Shores. Boy was I mistaken about G3. They're great! So colorful.
I have the most G4 out of all the generations, but I've still been very picky about them. I have Fluttershy since I wanted to style her hair, Honeybuzz, Sunset Shimmer (she's such a pretty pony!), Princess Celestia (plus bonus Pinkie Pie, again for hair reasons), and then the TRU set with Nightmare Moon, and the TRU singles of Zecora, Halloween Rainbow Dash, and Photo Finish. Although I love what I have, I'm disappointed about the lack of different poses. That's why I like the more unique variations, I think.

And then there's McDonalds ponies. I have quite a few of those.

The newest addition to my ponies is G1 Tassles, and she is so far my only G1 pony! I found her at an open market for a dollar, and thought I would try to bring her back to her former glory.

My collection isn't very big, but I think I have more than just a few ponies. I don't like to think I'm obsessed with them or anything--just more curious about what's out there!  :silly:

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Hey-ho!
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2014, 05:29:53 PM »
Well, welcome! There are quite a few collectors of G2, G3 and G4 around here, so I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself :D

That is very interesting that you got into ponies during G2, I haven't met too many people who can say that-  I used to dislike G2 when they first came out, but later came to realize how pretty they were :D

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2014, 05:31:05 PM »
Hi and welcome!  If you're looking for MLP related advice, you've definitely come to the right place.

If I hadn't joined the Arena, I don't think I'd be as picky as I am about G4 ponies.  After seeing so many people posting their G1 collections, I realized how limited and kinda boring the G4 toys are as far as poses and characters go... so I started collecting G1 ponies as well!   :lol:

I don't see a lot of people who say that they got into ponies with G2, so that's pretty interesting.  I have to admit, the G2 style is very cute.

Anywho, enjoy your time here on the forums!  Everyone is super nice and helpful.
Instagram / Want List

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

robofinch

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2014, 05:47:20 PM »
Well, welcome! There are quite a few collectors of G2, G3 and G4 around here, so I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself :D

Thanks! I'm looking forward to it. :D

That is very interesting that you got into ponies during G2, I haven't met too many people who can say that-  I used to dislike G2 when they first came out, but later came to realize how pretty they were :D

I feel like that was the general feeling most people had when it first came out, after doing a lot of research. I think it's funny that while some people had a hard time adjusting from G1 to G2, I had a hard time adjusting from G2 to G3!

Post Merge: October 28, 2014, 05:51:21 PM

Hi and welcome!  If you're looking for MLP related advice, you've definitely come to the right place.

If I hadn't joined the Arena, I don't think I'd be as picky as I am about G4 ponies.  After seeing so many people posting their G1 collections, I realized how limited and kinda boring the G4 toys are as far as poses and characters go... so I started collecting G1 ponies as well!   :lol:

I don't see a lot of people who say that they got into ponies with G2, so that's pretty interesting.  I have to admit, the G2 style is very cute.

Anywho, enjoy your time here on the forums!  Everyone is super nice and helpful.

Thank you! Despite the lack of variations with poses, I love the uniqueness they're going with for some of the designs. I'm 100% for that.
But yeah, after getting some of the older ponies, I realized some of the stuff we're missing now! That's why I like going back in time :D

Also, auto-post-merging? That's pretty awesome.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 05:51:58 PM by robofinch »

Offline himmie

• Trade Count: (+137)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Need More Boy Ponies
    • View Profile
    • Himmie's Collection
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2014, 09:58:19 PM »
Welcome to the Arena! :bunny:
WTB: MOC and Nirvana Boy Ponies
My Collection | Want List | eBay Store

Offline Spinky69er

• BBE Enthusiast Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+160)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2014, 10:10:40 PM »
Welcome to the Arena :)

You will find many different generations plus tons of other fascinating information here.  Don't forget to also check out the sales forums when hunting down replacements for your lost childhood ponies :lovey:

Offline Uninu

• Glows and sparkles in the dark
  • Trade Count: (+80)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2014, 01:21:22 AM »
Welcome to the Arena! Sounds like you have a wonderful collection, and I'm sure you can find what you're looking for in here.

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2014, 01:46:59 AM »
Welcome to the Forum :wave:

It's cool you came across Tassles at a market.  I love finding G1 ponies (heck, I love finding any ponies!) in unexpected places :D

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2014, 08:07:24 AM »
:newpony: Welcome to the Arena.  As to pose variation I here you on the G4 between that and the big head small body, I just can not get into them.  The G1 and though I know you are not super fond of em, G3 have way more pose variation to em. 
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2014, 08:47:09 AM »
Welcome to the arena :)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2014, 08:41:51 AM »
Welcome to the Arena! Its great to have an interest across so many different generations :) Awesome! I am sure you will have a lovely time around the boards.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2014, 11:29:27 AM »
Hiya, robofinch! Welcome to the arena!

That's quite a history of ponies you have! I hope you'll be able to get your childhood ponies back soon. Tassles is a great pony for your first G1. The set she's from, the Merry Go Round ponies, is one of my favorites.
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal