collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Help with payment on eBay?  (Read 323 times)

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
Help with payment on eBay?
« on: February 19, 2014, 11:10:13 AM »
I was on German eBay and purchased a pony from there...unfortunately i somehow missed that they didn't have PayPal. Is there a way i can pay them, like sending a PayPalpayment for the auction total and paying that way? I do't really know how non-PayPal payments work. Can anyone help me?

Offline himmie

• Trade Count: (+137)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Need More Boy Ponies
    • View Profile
    • Himmie's Collection
Re: Help with payment on eBay?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2014, 11:17:21 AM »
Have you messaged them to ask if they accept Paypal? Some members do, even if it is not listed. However, in Germany it's common to only accept bank transfers, which is possible but more complicated.
WTB: MOC and Nirvana Boy Ponies
My Collection | Want List | eBay Store

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2014, 12:13:01 PM »
Have you messaged them to ask if they accept Paypal? Some members do, even if it is not listed. However, in Germany it's common to only accept bank transfers, which is possible but more complicated.

Yes, i've messaged them, and they don't have a PayPal account. I'm hoping my friend in Germany can help...I've changed my address to hers so that hopefully when he gets the money he can just ship to her and then to me...I don't know if who they mail it to has to line up with the address for the transfer.

Offline cloud_weaver

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2014, 12:21:38 PM »

Yes, i've messaged them, and they don't have a PayPal account. I'm hoping my friend in Germany can help...I've changed my address to hers so that hopefully when he gets the money he can just ship to her and then to me...I don't know if who they mail it to has to line up with the address for the transfer.

Odd, because ebay requires that you have paypal now.  Or so I thought…  O.o
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you LunaCat for my Kirin Cloud Weaver!
Cloudie’s Wish List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396949
Cloudie’s TRADE List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396962

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2014, 12:31:43 PM »

Maybe not German ebay?  Or more likely they may have a bank transfer system through ebay.  I think we in the US are way behind on that.  Seems like everyone in Europe and So. America use bank transfers- (not sure about other places but I bet they do too)

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2014, 06:09:16 PM »
Its very common on Ebay Germany and other Euro countries (UK not included though) to have payment by bank transfer and not Paypal :awake: .  Its a pain but it does help if you have a German friend to do the bank transfer for you, and you Paypal them instead since you'll get charged a fee if you try and pay by bank transfer yourself.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2014, 12:24:21 PM »

Maybe not German ebay?  Or more likely they may have a bank transfer system through ebay.  I think we in the US are way behind on that.  Seems like everyone in Europe and So. America use bank transfers- (not sure about other places but I bet they do too)

Yes this. Germany mainly but also some other European countries are the exception to this rule. It is pretty much standard practice in the Euro zone for bank to bank transfers to be the norm rather than using an external source and a lot of sellers on ebay Germany and others will not have a paypal option. It is always worth checking when an item is coming from Germany if paypal is even an option on their listing. Because you wont get ebay/paypal protection with the option so you have to decide if its worth the risk ahead of time. This confusion often happens when people from outside Germany shop on ebay.de - so the rules we expect from our own ebays do not apply and sometimes the items are listed on ebay.de so that the seller does not have to deal with sales from outside the country. As long as ebay.de allow it, its going to be something that sellers do...avoiding all those paypal fees after all!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal