collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How to do a partial refund when paypal is holding my money?  (Read 290 times)

Offline TinyShinyUnique

• Trade Count: (+147)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • UniqueSubtleTreasures
How to do a partial refund when paypal is holding my money?
« on: January 08, 2014, 02:19:15 AM »
So, I've sold this lot of figurines:
http://www.ebay.pl/itm/321275127867?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1559.l2649

From all the items I've sold on ebay recently, only this one package has been giving me a headache. As I stated in the auction, the small Usagi figure (the blonde in a school uniform with her bag) had one of her buns glued to her head. The buyer was aware of this.

I've wrapped the figures super-carefully, with wrapping under the hair and over so the hair wouldn't be moved and then wrapped some more and then even used foil so it wouldn't move withing the bubble wrap. All for nothing. The buyer messaged me that two figurines suffered during the postage.

So I proposed to send them a refund of 3 GBP, which seemed fair to both of us considering one figure costed roughly 1,65 GBP when we take the final value into account.

Then when I asked how are the other figurines, the buyer told me that today morning, also Sailor Jupiter (brunette in the green suit) lost her ponytail. But she added that at least that is glueable. I still wanted to add additional 0,5 GBP for that even if that doesn't seem like my fault at all :cloud: And it makes me wonder why did she buy the figures - she can't name her (maybe they were supposed to be a gift?) but I'm worried she is mishandling them a bit too... I don't want to sound rude or anything to her though, because she seems really nice and the last thing I need and want is to make her further upset.

Anyway, when I logged into my paypal account and wanted to refund her, I got lost. A big part of my money is still being held by paypal. It drives me insane, mostly because only the payments that I got feedback for cleared and some, which are even delivered, didn't. but oka, I have the funds to refund her... Only how am I supposed to do it? I can't find her email (I guess that's some sort of a protection of her personal details?) and the only thing which seems like I can do is to refund her the whole thing for her purchase. How can I refund her only the agreed amount? Should I just directly ask her for her paypal address and gift her the amount?

Our customer service is hellish in Poland and I posted the auction on ebay UK anyway, so I would be grateful for any help, because I don't want to deal with ebay ATM.   

Offline Sebby6

• Maid of Metal \m/
  • Trade Count: (+151)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://sebby6.darc.net
Re: How to do a partial refund when paypal is holding my money?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2014, 06:07:56 AM »
I think you just go into the transaction, click on refund, and then there'll be a box where you enter how much you are sending back. I don't believe there is a separate option for partial refund.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Always looking for MLP erasers

Offline TinyShinyUnique

• Trade Count: (+147)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • UniqueSubtleTreasures
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2014, 04:46:00 PM »
Thank you Sebby! You were right. Good to know I was worrying for nothing :lookround: Now I'm waiting for feedback...

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2014, 09:14:42 PM »
Sebby is right :)  I'm glad you got it sorted out so quickly - sounds like you arent having the best time with your buyer- but  you are doing everything to keep things ok with them :bigups:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal