collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Nutjob seller on ebay....  (Read 2030 times)

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: Nutjob seller on ebay....
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2013, 12:06:00 AM »
Wow.... how incredibly rude!  I can only hope that her terrible attitude loses her some customers...  :( 

Seriously... her Grandma and the internet are totally separate topics.  If she can't cope with people on Ebay asking questions about item condition without going off the deep end about a family loss, then she needs to put her shop on "vacation" and go find a grief counselor. 
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2013, 12:53:31 AM »
I can sort of see where she's coming from...a lot of words (particularly those to do with illness and disability) are often used to describe relatively mild things when their actual meaning is often very serious and painful for people, and this can cause people to be offended and upset by their flippant use. That doesn't forgive her rudeness, but I can understand why she might have been upset and so quick to get aggressive by this usage of the word especially as she's not a collector herself and likely doesn't know what you meant by it.

I admit it took a while of me being into ponies to realise what people actually meant when they described a pony as having "cancer", and I think "age spots" has a much clearer meaning and is less likely to cause upset and confusion with non-collectors and people whom have suffered because of actual cancer :)
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline Shiromisa

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2013, 01:05:04 AM »
I think when dealing with sellers/employees, people tend to forget they're people too, with emotions and hangups. This is obviously a very emotional subject for her right now, and understandably. She lashed out--it's not ideal, but it is human.

My Etsy shop! I've got G4 blind bag necklaces and pony-themed caramels for saleCommission me for a custom blind bag hereSwap wishlist here!Current grail: Li'l Cupcake and German StarshineSell me your prototype/error/unusual blind bags!

Offline snwbear24

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2013, 02:05:53 AM »
Wow that is crazy!!
Looking For these to complete my G4's!!  :biggrin:
Royal Gem Carriage w/ Star Swirl

Looking For these G1's to complete US collection!!
Bushwoolies- Cheery, Hugster, and Chumster

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2013, 04:04:56 AM »
I think when dealing with sellers/employees, people tend to forget they're people too, with emotions and hangups. This is obviously a very emotional subject for her right now, and understandably. She lashed out--it's not ideal, but it is human.

^ This. We all don't react the same way, some people throw around words people find offensive all the time as nicknames or slang... "pony cancer" is a "jargon" term for collectors but, jargon does not translate to the lay-person.

I would just move on... but I also personally wouldn't throw around "cancer" so freely either... heck it's not even descriptive to someone outside the community. :huh:
Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2013, 04:42:26 AM »
Um don't buy from her! Weird!!!!!

Offline Sebby6

• Maid of Metal \m/
  • Trade Count: (+151)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://sebby6.darc.net
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2013, 04:42:59 AM »
Speaking as the Queen of non-pc here - If I had not known that term being used I would have weirded out by your email too. Ponies might be important to us, but when it comes to life and death you can see why it shouldn't be thrown around so lightly.

Always looking for MLP erasers

Offline Vintergatan

• Knight of the Ebon Blade
  • Trade Count: (+36)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2013, 12:57:13 PM »
Wow.... how incredibly rude!  I can only hope that her terrible attitude loses her some customers...  :( 

Seriously... her Grandma and the internet are totally separate topics.  If she can't cope with people on Ebay asking questions about item condition without going off the deep end about a family loss, then she needs to put her shop on "vacation" and go find a grief counselor. 

This is how I feel too.
I've had those closest to me die of cancer and my grandmother is dying of it now - if i can't handle myself and restrain myself from lashing out on others, then I don't sell on the internet.

Not to mention that cancer as an illness is not even the primary meaning of the word :S

I understand that we are all human, but so is svleonard who completely didn't deserve an answer like that out of the blue.
~怕眼里月光 会淋湿你的翅膀~

Offline scarlettkitty81

• Trade Count: (+275)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2013, 01:11:09 PM »
Is she the one that had super high shipping prices? If so she wanted 17$ to ship one G2 and another 11$ for a 2nd G2  :shocked:

I can't afford that!

Rosse

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2013, 11:25:11 PM »
Personally I have always found the term "cancer" in ponies to be in bad taste... I don't think I've ever used it myself. Plus everyone has different opinions on what it actually describes (same as "smooze"), so it's confusing at best.

Maybe the seller over reacted, but if she's currently dealing with cancer in her family, I can easily see how she'd be offended!

Offline Navi

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2013, 12:23:37 AM »
The first time I heard someone use the term "cancer" referring to ponies, I had no idea what they were talking about! I thought maybe the pony had weird lumps or something. So, like others have suggested, they probably just didn't know it was a pony term.
 :heart: Minty! :heart:

Seeking Petite Ponies (trade/wish list)
Formerly known as navichan.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2013, 12:18:10 PM »

This is how I feel too.
I've had those closest to me die of cancer and my grandmother is dying of it now - if i can't handle myself and restrain myself from lashing out on others, then I don't sell on the internet.

Not to mention that cancer as an illness is not even the primary meaning of the word :S

I understand that we are all human, but so is svleonard who completely didn't deserve an answer like that out of the blue.

*super pony hugs*
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2013, 03:26:04 AM »
I don't ever ask if a pony has cancer. I just ask about brown spots.  Most non collectors have no idea why you are using that word. I can totally understand the upset with the word now that I have gone through cancer with my dad. Its a touchy subject for many. Best to not use it unless you are with pony peeps.  I don't think she needed to react that way, but people are hurting in this world and sometimes boldly let you know it in these ways.  I think it is nice when a person in pain such as this is cut some slack.  A caring nature can soothe the heart of many.  I would probably write back and give well wishes for the grandmother and send some really nice heart felt thoughts her way.  It never hurts to extend a kind gesture in the face of odd behavior. :)  I know we don't deserve to be jumped on sometimes, but life happens.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 03:31:52 AM by tulagirl »

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Trade Count: (+166)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2013, 05:23:02 AM »
My father died from cancer, but I'm not going to jump down someone's throat if they use the term.  I have as much cause as anyone to be offended by the word cancer, but I don't let it bother me. 

Thank you Behemoth for my beautiful siggy!
HEY [you]! CHECK OUT MY EBAY SALES!!
http://www.ebay.com/usr/momlilyaria?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2013, 05:56:35 AM »
My dad is a cancer survivor and I would have to say the only way I would have a problem is if someone said asked if a pony had prostate cancer. I wouldn't flip out like that seller did but I would have a problem with someone saying a toy has prostate cancer.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal