collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Kids playing with your ponies  (Read 5921 times)

Offline lemontwist

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Kids playing with your ponies
« on: June 12, 2012, 10:39:31 AM »
I know this topic comes up a lot  :blush:  but it's so cute. My cousin's daughter Emily and her friend Pheobe found my ponies and Monster High dolls in my suitcase and now they're giving them "makeovers" (don't worry, no coloring and scissors involved!!) They're having so much fun washing and styling my G4's hair, it cracks me up! They're even smart enough to hold the "cool air" button on the blowdryer without me telling them... thank goodness. Pheobe told me she melted her barbie hair doing that when she was "a kid".

They're 11 years old and it's so funny, Emily says how she'll never stop collecting toys and she got all excited when I looked up the pony she used to have (by the way, anyone know if the Seaspray G3 is common?). They both collect LPS and I told them to save them forever xD

Does anyone else just love sharing their ponies with kids (who are old enough not to destroy them)? They can't touch my G1s but the G4s are free game for them! They scoffed at my pony love at first but now that I showed them the toys they're allllllll over them.
Sales - Pony and Doll Wishlist!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Sandi

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Kids playing with your ponies
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2012, 10:52:38 AM »
My cousin's child like to comb and braid my ponies hair sometimes. I can't say I enjoy it though. I'm just worried that she'll damage them somehow.
G1, G2 and G3 collector. I also collect a bunch of other stuff. (Too much..)
My collection website
My toy Instagram
My cat/nature Instagram
My Tumblr

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2012, 11:00:21 AM »
I don't even let kids in my house and they're certainly not allowed to touch my stuff >>

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Lavender_Lace

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2012, 11:13:02 AM »
Awe that is so cute!  My 11 year old and 7 year old girls get all excited over my G1 playsets and once in a while I'll pull them down off their shelves and let them play with them.  My 11 yr. old says that my ponies have better accessories, they like the pony wear and my kitchen the best!  I love watching them play and sometimes I'll even get down on the floor and play with them too. lol

Offline lemontwist

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2012, 12:30:43 PM »
Lavender that's so cute xD

Yeah I didn't let them play with my G1s at all, I let them hold one but that's it. They knew very well though tha they can get moldy if you're not careful with water so they didn't mind. It's surprising how bright they are.

They even managed to save the curls I had on my Pinkie Pie, and Twilight Sparkle's bangs curl, which I was actually shocked about because curls are really hard to save for me, and they'd gotten all messed up in my suitcase.
Sales - Pony and Doll Wishlist!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2012, 02:19:29 PM »
Thats cute! I admit I am super cautious with my ponies lol - I dont let anyone [no matter their age] play with them - but thats just my G1s and accessories. The few G3s I have and the G4s I would have no problem with them being played with as toys should [so long as all scissors and markers were well hidden]
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2012, 02:26:27 PM »
I'm a Nervous Nellie about my collections, but ultimately there are no children around me (ever) to play with mine. If there were, chances are pretty good I'd not let them play with my collections. If I had some G4 doubles, then maybe. But probably not. LOL. I'm very protective of my things.

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2012, 02:28:53 PM »
G4s are such bad quality kids can't make them much worse, so normal G4s would be fine. Anything else kids are not allowed near.

Offline HavACrumpet452

• Fakies R People 2
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2012, 03:05:00 PM »
Kids playing with my ponies would be zapped into a pile of dust and sucked up the vacuum. I'm glad they were taking good care with your ponies. I don't think Sea Spray is super common, but not rare in the least. Probably should stick with letting them get at the core 7 ponies and you'll be safe.

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2012, 03:19:53 PM »
I'd only let kids play with my ponies if I have doubles that I don't even display. As for the ones I only have 1 of, no.

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Yurusumaji

• Repo!Pony
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Yield for nothing.
    • View Profile
    • My Figure Collection
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2012, 03:23:28 PM »
Kids playing with my ponies would be zapped into a pile of dust and sucked up the vacuum.

:lmao:

Ai from Aurora
AC Wants | Furniture Catalog | Clothing Catalog

Offline teresat

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pony Cow
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2012, 04:00:36 PM »
My daughter, who is 3 years old, loves ponies but especially G1s. She's really good with them. Most of the G1s I've gotten were not expensive or rare. Cheaper than new G4s. There are certain one's she cannot touch and I have doubles of others. So we share our ponies as long as she's "gentle."  :biggrin:

:bunny:
:biggrin: >_<^.^

ZettaMomo

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2012, 04:09:21 PM »
If I had a kid come over I might get out some of my G3s or fakies out, but I would keep an eye on them.
I think it is cute to share toys like that with others. I am just so paranoid about them getting ruined, though.

MoongazerThePony

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2012, 04:11:27 PM »
I'm friends with 12-14 year olds (I'm 14, don't worry, haha.) and we play with my g1's. We play this (disturbing) game called Pony Valley.. I'd rather not talk about it, might scare someone LOL. But its really fun. :lol: I let them play with all of them exept for Chief, Blossom,Gusty, Spunky and Windy. They are my special ponies and camel :)

Offline Sugar

• Norwegian Fnord Pony
  • Trade Count: (+81)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sock/earring fiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2012, 04:30:41 PM »
I love when I drag out my ponies and my son (who's juuuuust about 9) helps me brush & comb that candy coloured hair.  ^.^  He's very responsable and hearts-him his ponies too, so I know he's going to be good with them.  But I've met other kids that I wouldn't let near my herd with a ten foot head start.  I myself was a "chewer" until I was about 6 or so, and I still have the mangle-footed Fisher-Price horses to prove it.  :blush:  Come to think of it, I guess I wouldnt' have let me near my own ponies when I was little!

Thanks to Sourdough stomper for my Advent signature, and to Nence for my avatar! :lovey:
Wishlist - I'm back on (semi-) active buying again... can't buy everything on my wish list all at once (yay, back-to-school and tuition fees), but I am still looking to plump up my collection a bit more: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,380638.0.html
Sales/trades - http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381378.msg1572410#msg1572410

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal