collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Kids playing with your ponies  (Read 5880 times)

Offline butterflybuttons

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Feeling the G2 love
    • View Profile
    • My outdated DA
Re: Kids playing with your ponies
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2012, 03:08:36 AM »
I let my three year old play with my ponies. As long as she doesn't chew them.

It's so cute when she makes up different voices for them.

APPLBL00M

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2012, 10:51:58 PM »
I didn't think about it until now but one of my relatives brought her six year old granddaughter over today. The first thing she did was go over to my pony shelf and start playing with them. I didn't mind at first but then I realized I had my custom Rarity sculpture and SDCC :muffin: Pony sitting right there in the middle. I sat there nervously, keeping an eye on her to make sure she didn't damage anything or take :muffin: Pony out of her box but I didn't notice when she broke Rarity's glasses.  :( I didn't have them on her because I knew they were fragile but she probably picked them up when I wasn't looking and dropped them. It's no big deal, I just super glued them back together but now I know to move her and any other valuable stuff next time any kids come over.

She also left accessories lying everywhere and messed up Pinkie Pie's hair, but I don't mind. That happens when kids play with stuff and Pinkie needed restyling anyway. I just know to keep anything valuable out of reach now.

Offline dippindot

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2012, 11:14:37 PM »
I let my friend's 4 year old play with my blind bags (never the brushables), but she doesn't let me play with hers.  If I try, she very firmly takes them away from me and puts them out of my reach.  :(
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

CloudBurst Reference

Signature is rotating, PM for artist info! : )

Dibbles

« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2012, 11:18:40 PM »
Luckily, I don't have any kids visiting my house. I do want to be a mother someday, but I worry about my future kids getting at my stuff. My mom always reminds me of how she never let me play with her special Raggedy Ann doll, but that was one doll...and I have a bunch of ponies and dolls. Eep. Thank goodness I'm not having kids for a while.

angela22

« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2012, 11:33:26 PM »
I have a three year old and a four year old (both girls) and they LOVE "Mommy's ponies" - so I tell them it's OUR collection, and I keep it in their room even! They can play with any of them at anytime - over 200 G1s - my only exception to that rule is, that if they want to play with the more "delicate ones" (expensive int'l and rare ones) on the upper shelves, they have to come and ask Mommy first so I can loosely supervise. Otherwise, they have been free to play with them all since before they can remember. I have only had a couple incidents and that was in the beginning where they tried a haircut or putting makeup on. Luckily, in both cases I got them quickly repaired and put back and my daughters learned very quickly not to do that again - and haven't. They take very good gentle care when playing with them and know a lot about them. They know almost all of their names too, which is funny. After the pony meet in Atwater they've been saying "Mommy I want to go to another Pony Meet, when can we go to a pony meet?" When a package comes in the mail, they assume it's what it usually is and scream "Ponies!!!!!" LOL ...and I'm like "yeah, you took the SQUEE right out of my heart!"  :blush: :biggrin:

Sokkis

« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2012, 02:21:57 AM »
Well, I have two sons, a 5-year-old and a 3-year-old. And they both enjoy playing with my ponies, specially with G1's. And I allow them to! I know for a fact, that they won't do anything harmful to them, 'cause they know, what ponies mean to me. They are mommy's precious. :D

Actually few days back I let my younger son play with my Show Stable. I keep two Lemondrops and my Peachy inside it and he's used to play with them. Except this time he TOTALLY fell in love with blue dropped Lemondrop and he won't give her back. :D He sleeps with her, he takes her shopping with us, to car trips, everywhere! I don't have the heart to take her away, so I've decided that he can keep her. :)

Offline gemini_pony

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • <3 Pony Time!! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2012, 02:34:54 AM »
>.< Sorry no kids really cat come into my apartment due to my cat being wayyyy too rough for them (and he is big)...And my collectables are off limits for play except by me or my hubby. I don't even let all my friends handle them >.>

Water_Fire

« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2012, 03:30:54 AM »
I really don't mind kids playing with my herd. After all, I don't own anything too rare or valuable (I think my rarest is Thistle Whistle), and I don't buy customs, so I'm not scared of them being broken. As long as there's no scissors or pens involved, I'm good!

My boyfriend had his nieces over once when I was at work. He made the mistake of showing them the pony cabinet, and then quickly had to text me saying, 'Can they play with them?' Haha! Afterwards I was sent a pic with them playing on the living room floor, and I was sick because I wanted to come home and play too!

Binny

« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2012, 03:36:58 AM »
Probably gonna sound horrible for this but... I think I'd hyperventilate if kids were around my ponies. XD I wouldn't want to be mean, though, I'd probably let them play with ones I had an extras of.

Offline BerryMouse

• Starry-eyed idealist pony
  • Trade Count: (+622)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • BerryMouse Custom Ponies & more
« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2012, 03:40:15 AM »
When the kids of my bf's friend come to visit us I always have some bait ponies for them to play with and they can keep them when they leave.
I'm always worried when they touch my collection but I'm also worried when an aduld non pony person touches my ponies lol :D
BerryMouse Custom Ponies on Facebook
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BERRY'S SALE TOPIC

Offline Desert Rose

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Desert Rose's Dream
« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2012, 03:48:48 AM »
Oh no. No no no. I wouldn't let kids play with my ponies. I would be way too worried that they'd be destroyed.
Fortunatly the only kid I know is my 6 year old boy cousin and he's not interested in girl toys what so ever :P

However, I'm always causious when I let him inside the flat - well anyone actually no matter if it's a child or adult. I have OCD and if anyone were to move or touch anything I collect or have organized neatly I know I'd freak out and have to check it at least 3 times to make sure it's allright >.< This is why I rarely let people in my house and when I do I don't take my eyes of them so I can make sure they don't touch or move anything =/ I do wish it wasn't that way, but it is.

So it's not just my ponies I'm super protective off, it's everything :P
~*Erica*~

:heart: If you have ponies for sale then take a look around my page Desert Rose's Dream :heart:

Offline elish2

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • As you Wish
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 26, 2012, 06:05:30 AM »
Lol, my kids have more than this now, and we finally put large shelves on their wall and the ponies fill the shelf, along with the pinkie pie train and twilight balloon, but here is an old pic..

They get a lot of ponies, I have a bunch more g4 for their Xmas presents. Lol.
elish22 | eBay
Thanks Kissthethunder for my Avatar!

Nerdfins

« Reply #42 on: July 26, 2012, 06:06:27 AM »
I haven't had the issue with ponies yet, but when I was a teen I had a big Transformers collection.  I remember freaking out when I had younger cousins visiting for a family reunion because I didn't want them to go into my room to play with my robots.  They weren't the most gentle of kids.  Luckily it didn't happen, but knowing me I would have flipped out.

Offline Pinkie21

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 26, 2012, 06:09:48 AM »
Nobody, adult or kid, is allowed to touch my G1's lol.  I'll let my gf's daughter play with my G3's when she's old enough to know not to chew them or fling them across the room :P

Offline Moss

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Let it go~
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 26, 2012, 07:01:46 AM »
I'd probably let kids play with the Blind Bags and McD's ponies, only becuase I have OCD when it comes to pony hair. I've had bad luck, though, with kids and my toys. They tend to think that I'm giving them the toy, rather than letting them play with it while they're at my house. I don't usually let people in my room, anyway, though lol!
Click here for MLP coupons --->
link
avatar from generalzoi's pony creator
formerly known as Mosspath!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal