collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

What are some of your favorite Halloween activities?

Handing out candy
85 (8.9%)
Trick or treating
72 (7.6%)
Parties
83 (8.7%)
Getting scared
31 (3.3%)
Scaring others
15 (1.6%)
Decorations
138 (14.5%)
Pumpkin carving
87 (9.1%)
Getting dressed up
154 (16.2%)
Making crafts
62 (6.5%)
The weather
81 (8.5%)
Story telling
14 (1.5%)
Halloween games
16 (1.7%)
Other
43 (4.5%)
Meh, it's not my thing
24 (2.5%)
We don't do Halloween in my part of the world
46 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 233

Author Topic: Favorite Halloween related stuffs?  (Read 2993 times)

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite Halloween related stuffs?
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2015, 09:49:30 PM »
Halloween isn't a big thing where I am from (Germany), but I love celebrating it where I live now (China). We always have special events and parties for the kids. Usually I carve watermelons with the students due to the lack of pumpkins, but this year we pre-ordered lots of pumpkins online, and we will do a proper pumpkin carving, yummy soup included! Usually I dress up as a vampire. Love me some blood!

Offline ladybastilla

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Hi there! My name is Kat. Nice to meet you! :)
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2015, 10:21:42 PM »
I love Halloween. My favorite things are the candy, the costumes, the myths and legends that tie into the holiday, and rushing out to get cheap candy on November 1st. :lol:

This year I'm on candy hand out duty and I'm planning to grab some accessories (Cat ears and tail or a pair of wings and a wand) so I can have a bit of dress up fun when kids come to the door. We live in a pretty non-busy neighbourhood, so we're either giving out 3x peanut butter cups, a full sized chocolate bar, or chips and pop--we haven't decided yet. I figure I always loved finding those houses that gave the epic candy, so I should be one of those houses since I put money aside to afford it. :) (Plus, as mentioned, we get >25 kids on our street here. We're out in the country.)

When I'm not handing out candy, I'll be watching "The Halloween Tree", "The Nightmare Before Christmas" and playing Until Dawn on PS4 (well, watching my bf play it but it's very story driven so that'll work just fine). Going to be a pretty exciting night!!

Swap Wishlist

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks go to Nence for my avatar and Jennifer2004 for my sig.

Offline hilamb

• Myrskyisä yö poni
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dreamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2015, 01:26:56 AM »
Decorations and getting dressed. :D Awww yeah.  :P

Thank you :heart:

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2015, 08:11:31 AM »
This is my favorite time of the year! My birthday is this month and Halloween is my favorite holiday. I love the colors, the ambiance, the weather, decor, legends, Halloween movies, costumes, etc. I don't get to celebrate on Halloween though cause I have to work but I willing be celebrating all month if I can! Doing a party the weekend before.

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2015, 08:47:26 AM »
Costumes!

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline CoonhoundBetty

• Skeen's Minion
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • SAHM/Wife of an artist/word nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2015, 09:57:45 AM »
It's changed a bit now that I'm a mom--growing up, it was always a fun 'challenge' to figure out a costume that you cold put on over snowpants (no joke). Some years, it would be nice and in the low 50s, but most years it's 40s and rainy, if not snowy. I think I stopped Trick-or-Treating at 17? My husband dressed up in his hunting gear, and I put on bunny ears hahaha It worked, and we got candy :D Before falling out with my father, I took DD trick-or-treating through the sub I grew up in, which was really neat to do. My husband and his family isn't big on Halloween, so no excitement from him.

My DD is an October baby, which makes it my favorite month. And there is Nightmare Before Christmas, the ultimate Halloween classic. I love that I get to share that with her, and this year, I think I will be introducing her to Hocus Pocus! She loves coming up with her own Halloween costumes--last year she was Pix E Flutters from Lalaloopsy Girls; the year before, she was Twilight Sparkle. This year, she said she wanted to be Elsa, but I put my foot down and said 'you know, 6 girls in your class were Elsa last year, I really don't think you should dress up as her, go for something original.' And she came back with The Tooth Fairy. She's missing her top 2 and bottom 2 teeth, so I think it's perfect :D

a picture rewards for making it through my wall of text haha
2014 - Pix E Flutters

2013 - Twilight Sparkle

2012 - Jessie the Yodelin' Cowgirl

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2015, 07:57:02 PM »
Getting dressed up is the best part  :biggrin:
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 08:00:43 PM by tikibirds »

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2015, 11:10:40 PM »
Halloween is a very special day to me since it's my birthday. I'll be 31 on the 31st!  :biggrin:

Aside from that, I LOVE the horror movies, the classic animated specials (I miss Garfield's Halloween!), haunted houses, delving into horror anthologies, the candy, and the special memories with friends and family. It's also the time of year associated with two of my absolute favorite G3 ponies: Autumn Skye & Pumpkin Tart.

Offline daffodil101

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2015, 01:51:35 AM »
We didn't have Halloween in Oz when I was growing up, but we still had things like haunted houses at our primary school fete.  We loved witches and skeletons in cartoons too, and I remember reading a scary picture book about a snaggle-toothed witch and the book glowed in the dark which made it so cool.

But that stuff wasn't relegated to a particular time of year.  We knew what halloween was, but it wasn't part of our culture to go trick or treating.

I did actually go once (I was technically an adult, I think about 19), with my little sister (she was my excuse) when the whole halloween thing was starting to 'become a thing' in Australia.  I mean, you get free food, right?  We didn't get much because people don't really prepare for it, but one guy who worked at Donut King gave us a box of donuts that he'd taken home at the end of his shift.  It was awesome.

Though one lady thought halloween was 'the devil' or something, she told us we were going to hell and gave us a tract  :blink:  (My family are Christian but, for serious?  It's just for fun.)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 01:57:57 AM by daffodil101 »

Offline Saber-Toothed Crow

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2015, 12:13:55 PM »
My favourite part is the atmosphere. The fall colours, the onset of evening, I can't really describe it but it's always been an enlivening night! I loooved trick or treating as a kid, and ya I secretly wish I could still go :P I have great memories of my friends and me making our costumes and planning for the big night. Raking leaves to stuff into scarecrows, so much fun! Nowadays I look forwards to carving pumpkins, even if my designs aren't as ambitious as they used to be. Also, can't say no to all that delicious candy. And... I love crows so this time of year is a great time for me to find some new crow related things to add to my collection.

Thanks Jennifer2004 for my sig and Shaiyeh for my avi! ~formerly Crowpriest~

Offline Lucky_Ladybug

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters and 5Ds forever!
    • View Profile
    • Lucky Ladybug's Library
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2015, 05:34:57 PM »
Honeycomb, I'm kind of surprised that Halloween is celebrated in China! Interesting!

CoonhoundBetty, your daughter is adorable! :)

I love the candy, the costumes, the weather, cemeteries, writing spooky stories, and some of the decorations! I don't care for the really gory and gross ones with sickening wounds, etc., but I have a lot of fun looking at the others! I wish I could figure out how to go trick-or-treating again, because I would totally do it. I'd definitely be one of those moms who dresses up to take her kids out, if I ever have kids.

I am hoping to finally do my Twilight Sparkle costume this year, but I can't believe how hard it is to find a purple wig. Good grief.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 05:38:39 PM by Lucky_Ladybug »

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • manahmanah :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2015, 06:51:27 PM »
I live in Australia, and halloween isn't a huge thing over here. However its my favourite thing to celebrate. I love decorating my centre at work (I work in childcare, run my own toddler room & also 2nd in charge under the owner / director) the kids love it. I LOVE dressing up, im doing a boat cruise for halloween with my best mates this year and going as a zombie. For work I don't know yet, maybe a toned down zombie lol.

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2015, 03:59:56 AM »
Honeycomb, I'm kind of surprised that Halloween is celebrated in China! Interesting!

Of course it isn't really celebrated as in your country. But schools and training centers find it a good way to promote their own business, and to bring some foreign culture closer to the students.

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2015, 04:24:05 AM »
But schools and training centers find it a good way to promote their own business, and to bring some foreign culture closer to the students.

I think they just like to promote the fact that they have a foreign teacher, or at least my school does  -_- We are doing something with the kids but I don't know what yet.

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2015, 01:18:51 PM »
I like the parties. I'm going to a big one in the city again this year. I wish I wasn't too old to trick or treat, though. I mean, who is ever too old for free candy?

Yeah, I wish I could still go out and trick or treat. When I was in college one year my friends and I went trick-or-treating. It was so much fun :lol: I love the candy and dressing up, just as I did when I was little. Oh, and now, as someone mentioned here, I love cheap candy day, Nov. 1!

Otherwise, I'd say that dressing up is fun... But I've hardly done it since I was a young child. Aside from that I'm really not a fan of Halloween itself. I find the decorations and such to be quite disturbing. I always look forward to Christmas time when it turns into pretty decorated spruce trees and colorful stringed lights everywhere as opposed to ...skeletons, zombies, werewolves, and the like. Ugh. D:

I don't like Halloween decorations, either. Christmas decorations are so much better. When my sister and our best friend went out together, we had a secret code word ("broccoli," lol) for the houses that were too scary and so we skipped them. I think we instituted this policy after my little sister had someone lower a huge fake spider onto her head. And other scary stuff.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal