collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Using Facebook?  (Read 844 times)

Offline plushroo

• Trade Count: (+252)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • princess Cotton Candy
    • View Profile
Using Facebook?
« on: January 06, 2015, 03:49:52 PM »
So a year ago this month, I took the plunge and joined Facebook since the only way I had access to seeing peoples newsfeeds was through moms account. I don't post on my page as much as others but when I do, I'm careful what I say. I mostly just scroll through my friends posts to see news, pics etc. I have less than 20 friends including the few family members I have using it (mostly cousins). I can of course add tons of other people to it like my co workers who also use it, but I'm more of a hermit when it comes to sharing my username and social sites names. I haven't even told them I'm on Facebook yet. I guess I don't want to get my work life involved with my personal life since it's not a "career" more of just a money flow job at the moment. If I ever leave, I'll add them then. I do occasionally have pony peeps from trades send request, but I wait on adding them since  I don't want a lot of stuff in my newsfeed. Seeing supervisors also using Facebook reminds me of when I was little and thought the teachers and bus drives only lived at school. LOL! It's weird!!

So does using Facebook along with your bosses, co workers make you feel weird too? Or am I just being overly cautious?

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
Re: Using Facebook?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2015, 03:56:54 PM »
Iv only got 15 friends lol and iv had this account for a few years, my old one got locked out and I never bothered to fix it so it was deleted after some time. I can say that i KNOW all of my friends. They're either family, real life friends, or people iv known for a very long time over the internet. I like to keep it that way.

I don't think I would ever add coworkers. and honestly since I hardly ever use facebook as it is, I can see myself either cutting way back on the friends, or just deleting it entirely. I always hear of people getting into trouble because they posted something and a co-worker or boss finds out and then it affects their work.

Not that I post things like that, mine are usually updates about my son, but a few of my friends make a habit of posting many questionably rated things lol.
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

Offline MoondancerMilkyWay

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • you've got to pony while the pony is pony!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2015, 05:51:03 PM »
i use facebook mostly for b/s/t ponies (the important things...) and have a few real friends on fb. my good friends know where else they can contact me!
i have a couple coworkers, nothing crazy, and post nearly nothing personal at all and it doesn't stay up very long if i do.
~I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more ponies! I gotta have more ponies!~
"I'm not going to buy every Malibu Stacy with a hat"  - ponyqueen

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2015, 07:38:45 PM »
Most of my FB is pony people so it's just usually flooded with ponies.......Very few people I actually physically know are on my FB.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline moonsugar

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • my Tumblr blog (may occasionally contain adult content)
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2015, 09:26:44 PM »
I've just done a purge and gone from 280 friends down to 200 or so. I've been playing a particular Facebook game for over five years straight, and I have a decent amount of friends added as a result (I'm even part of a MLP club within the game!).

I also have a lot of pony people added, and the rest are people I picked up randomly along the way (all of them excellent) and people I know in real life. I haven't, however, ever listed where I'm working or connected with any work associates. I know it's ridiculous, but there are far too many cases of people getting fired thanks to careless comments for me to want to risk it.
:fox:

Offline Tigerlilyx

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • ♫ Portugal - Walk The Moon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2015, 03:24:08 AM »
I'm on Facebook since 2007 and have accumulated 948 friends now. Guess my generation's crazily connected online. But I don't post anything personal on FB - only photos and sharing youtube videos.

I don't feel too weird having my ex-colleagues and some of ex-bosses on my friends list though (since I regard them as my "second family", fortunate enough to have worked with wonderful people!). I even have my old teachers! For my personal thoughts I usually leave it to my private Twitter account; i'm VERY opinionated and posting on FB may just get unwanted attention  :blush:

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2015, 10:47:03 AM »
Don't have facebook, probably never will.  My mom and sister do and ive seen hell break loose on more then 1 occasion.

I kinda just wish the feeds that you want can be viewed through email instead (my friends just send me links through their feeds on stuff they think id find interesting so it works out^^).  Less of a hasstle and 100% less of a privacy breech followed by morons that refuse to do anything >> (talking form personal experience, ofcorse)

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Cumberbatch2012

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2015, 02:45:37 PM »
No, it doesn't make me feel weird, but I have a special filter set up to block all my coworkers from certain posts because if they think I'm talking about my workplace I can get fired.  It's against policy. 

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2015, 03:04:41 PM »
I'm so paranoid about people I don't want to see my FB that I use an alias on top of all the security features.

I have friended co-workers & bosses in the past and it was the worst decision ever! 

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2015, 03:13:41 PM »
I only add certain coworkers - international students who I will never see again - and NEVER bosses. Half my posts are complaining about them. Everything is set to friends only
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 03:15:23 PM by tikibirds »

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline Jinxxy

• Trade Count: (+96)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Fancy Rats, Fursuiting and Neon green ponies!
    • View Profile
    • http://mlparena.com!!!
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2015, 09:44:14 PM »
I use a mostly made up name on Facebook. I add a lot of furries, art people, MH people and pony people... And I add tons of them at random. I never know who is going to be the next awesome entertaining addition.

That being said I'd not ever want to add a boss! No way!

I also never post anything that I don't want to share with anyone, since it's public and all ^^
 Also seeking QBs Hat, 2017 easter egg RD

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2015, 11:28:31 AM »
I have co-workers as friends, but I don't think I could ever add my boss.  I love her and she's awesome, but... I dunno, my co-workers have turned into my friends, but my boss is just my boss.  I'm not an overly private person (don't see the point in getting a Facebook then complaining about privacy) but I do post some things that I have hidden from certain family members and friends from time to time for personal reasons.  For the most part, all of my friends can see my posts and it doesn't bother me at all.
Instagram / Want List

Offline ShugarGlider

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • NerdyCute
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2015, 07:04:38 PM »
It's good that you know your boundaries. I have worked at the same place for 4 1/2 years and while I am friendly with my coworkers and boss, I will never add them to my Facebook. Some people are totally comfortable mixing work and family life, but I'm not!

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2015, 10:20:09 PM »
I use Facebook heaps.  I wouldn't say I'm a friend collector, but I do add lots of pony people who I don't really know.  But even with that I would be very heaitant adding work people particular bosses.  And I'm actually pretty tame on Facebook.  If we super got along I would, but I wouldn't just go yay we work together now we must be Facebook  friends!

Offline Dawn

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2015, 04:10:21 AM »
Facebook is kindof an accumulation of people I've met over the years, as I always feel a bit guilty about deleting people, even if we don't speak any more. However I may soon delete it down to people who I actually want to talk to, as it makes me feel lonely looking at my list of "friends" online and there being noone there who I would really feel comfortable taking to.

As to adding co-workers, I would really only stick to people I have a more personal relationship with irl and never add superiors just for the sake of being polite. That can potentially end in trouble due to them seeing compromising pictures taken at parties, being judgemental over hobbies, interpreting unrelated statuses the wrong way etc.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal