collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

What's your caffeine?

Coffee
Tea
Soda
Energy drinks
Caffeine pills
Other
Caffeine? No thanks!

Author Topic: How do you take your caffeine?  (Read 2614 times)

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
Re: How do you take your caffeine?
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2016, 12:36:09 AM »
Wow lots of Coke people, like me! I drink Coke Life now when I can find it. I have cut back a lot now though I used to drink one every night at work because I work overnights. Now it's mainly V8 Energy that I have. I forgot to choose energy drink though because I think of it as a juice. When I first started working the night shift I took caffeine pills to stay awake.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline SnorkMaiden

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+37)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2016, 05:52:25 AM »
I don't like the taste of coffee, though I do like the smell. As for soda, I'll have a coke every couple of months, usually in pubs / bars if they haven't got juice or anything more exciting that doesn't contain alcohol.

I love tea, but I mainly drink infusions without caffeine. I'll have a cup of caffein-y tea every other day or so. I find it interesting that some of you mention how strongly caffeine affects you, because it hardly affects me at all. I can drink caffein-y tea in the evening and still go to sleep without problems.

S.o.a.r.

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2016, 07:18:06 AM »
Although I hate to admit this, I mostly only drink Coke Zero except for at work when I drink water. I've had a Coke Zero addiction for many years now and this past year have hardly gone more than 3 days without drinking it. However, the caffeine isn't enough for those really grueling long work days but then again I mostly drink it because of the addiction...

Offline ashes

• Forever Orange Site Mod
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2016, 12:05:47 PM »
Last year I gave up soda (I would have one can of diet soda a day at lunch).  Most of the time though I tried to make sure they were of the caffeine-free sort. 

Now I just have a soda on occasion (like when we go out to dinner every other week).  My only other source of caffeine was chocolate, but 2 1/2 weeks ago, in an effort to lose my baby weight from my youngest kid (who turns 5 this year), I cut out all refined sugar.  It was hard the first two days, but now, it's not so bad.

I now enjoy food a lot more, and I've lost 5 pounds.  So yay!

thanks to jupi for my avi and harvestmoongirl for my siggy!

Check out my website: artbyashes.com

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2016, 07:37:49 AM »
I take my caffeine in the form of chocolate!

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2016, 11:02:30 PM »
I like coffee, Diet Dew, and the occasional Monster/Rockstar Punch if I can get a good deal since they can be pricey. I'll have hot coffee in the morning if I make it because I'm too impatient but I prefer iced all the way.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

autieluna

« Reply #36 on: February 29, 2016, 02:45:46 AM »
I am someone with a hardcore caffine dependancy, which is not good with my heart problems! I have heart palpitations and panick attacks and i have had ONE real cardiac arrest a few years ago which is hard to believe for a skinny little short  girl under 25! I was born with a smaller heart, so it gets over worked easily and its very sensitive to caffine, cholesterol, and medicines.

I used to be a Monster addict. Like i remember when a sip would be enough, then it went to three cans a day and i got my license suspensed for heart problems on the road, very scary crashing into an electeical box over panic attacks from nervounes sof other drivers. I needed the drinks to keep me awake for my  two back-to-back jobs including my overnight shift.

Now I have been drinking black tea and ocassionally coffee as a substitute. Its still not good for me but its certainly better, especially  black tea. One cup of black tea versus 3 cans of monster is an improvment! Its just soooo hard to staycawake but i like to buy cute thinks and have extra money for emergencies with two jobs!

Major congratulations to you—that is a HUGE improvement and an even bigger accomplishment! Addictions can be really, really hard to beat and I'm super impressed!

as for me, I don't actively need or use caffeine on a daily basis. I don't like the way it speeds up my heart, because it feels similar to anxiety and tricks my brain into feeling like I'm anxious until I am, ha.  >_<

I do like tea but I try to find decaf for this reason, though I've occasionally had coffee in an emergency when I really need to be able to stay up in school after an all nighter, and I could see that happening again when I go back next semester.

Offline Tak

• Lost in the clouds Unicorn
  • No Transactions
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2016, 10:55:45 PM »
I love that the option was soda. Everyone up here calls it pop. I just can't seem to call it that. It's been 24 years. So good to know it's still soda to someone else.  :P

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2016, 03:00:05 AM »
I picked coffee and soda, but I also checked the "No thanks!" box.

I like coffee and I especially love diet coke, but not for the caffeine. I don't need caffeine because it doesn't even work on me. One coffee does absolutely nothing, two coffees do absolutely nothing, and when I take a third cup of coffee (which is rare) my legs start to shake and I get dizzy. So no energy shot from coffee for me. XD

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • So Soft Pony
  • Always dresses in style
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2016, 08:38:18 PM »
IV drip. ;)
Rainbow Dash always dresses in style.

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2016, 02:02:28 PM »
I used to have it in coffee and iced tea, but now I can't have any.  I miss it.  :( 

mothums

« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2016, 02:09:07 PM »
I'm not huge into coffee, I enjoy it occasionally. However sweet tea is a different story lol. Pretty much every day for every meal.

Offline Corona

• Eohippus Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Japanifornia Attorney Spokespony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 08, 2016, 03:45:18 PM »
I love that the option was soda. Everyone up here calls it pop. I just can't seem to call it that. It's been 24 years. So good to know it's still soda to someone else.  :P
Where I'm from it's always soda or the brand name. When I went to college in Indiana it was pop. When my roommate asked me to pick up pop I had no clue what she was talking about.

Duster reference]

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #43 on: March 08, 2016, 03:54:02 PM »
I make my own coffee in the morning and drink black tea the rest of the day.  I have a small Italian stove top pot that my friend bought me as a moving out present.  It makes a small volume of strong coffee that I mix with a mug full of milk that's been heated also on the stove.  It's the best way to get coffee shop coffee in the kitchen imo so I don't mind. The ritual is actually quite soothing in the morning.  I grind the beans too!
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline DalaPony

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 09, 2016, 04:47:55 AM »
Coffee and the occasional energy drink (I like Relentless when I can get it). I never used to like coffee, until about five years ago when I started to get a taste for it. Now I enjoy comparing different coffees and I love a good cappuccino :)

I don't like tea at all, except green tea, which is quite pleasant to drink.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal