collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Are you planning to come to the fantastic MN Pony Meet of Fun????

Yah, sure! You Betcha!
10 (34.5%)
Nope, not this year. But next year....
7 (24.1%)
Life is uncertain. I'm not even sure what I'm having for lunch. Maybe?
7 (24.1%)
The Princess Bride is one of my favorite top ten movies of all time. (What do you mean, off topic?)
5 (17.2%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Author Topic: Minnesota Pony Meet- August 24th in Hines, MN! (Up North!) PM for location!  (Read 13291 times)

Offline Ice_gypsy

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Re: Minnesota Pony Folks- Let's start Planning our Meet!
« Reply #60 on: March 13, 2013, 05:09:51 PM »
WOO! wizzer218's house would be awesome for a pony meet!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline bubbles171

• Trade Count: (+116)
  • So Soft Pony
  • Thank you so much shiverdam my 2 loves combined
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 14, 2013, 11:09:26 AM »
so is there going to be 2 or just the one in the fall at wizzers?  I would like it after the fair.

Offline wizzer218

• Trade Count: (+153)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • love me some pony!
    • View Profile
    • www.flyinghorsearts.com
« Reply #62 on: March 14, 2013, 12:40:02 PM »
Yes...lol...if it is at my house then has to be after the fair....lol...or i won't be here..hehe ;)

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 14, 2013, 04:02:42 PM »
Seaponey, it looks like after the fair has a lot of support- do you know when the WI one is? I know it was slow to start last year, and I couldn't make it.

So if I can't go to the fair, and the exclusive isn't ridiculous like it was last year, any chance somone could pick one up for me? Actually, I'm pretty sure if you bought 2 or 3 extras and charged a few extra bucks for handling, my little clan would buy at least 2 of them. One for me, one for James! I'm still hoping to go to the fair, but I want to get my ducks in a row!
Thanks so much to Calico_Star for her beautiful work on my Avatar!
**want list**  **for sale**

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #64 on: March 14, 2013, 04:05:18 PM »
which fair?

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 14, 2013, 04:27:49 PM »
Rosier, there's a MLP Fair in Indianapolis this July. There's a fair every summer, there was even one in Minnesota once- was that in 2005? 2007? And there's usually an exclusive pony. Sometimes there are extras, sometimes there aren't. There were no extra Bay Breeze's (the exclusive at the one in MN) but there were extras at the last few, and those were available online. But last year, they released that pony that we aren't supposed to say the name of, that clumsy gray pegasus, and she was sold out within an hour. I'm hopeful that the exclusive this year will have thousands made, so I'll get one!

Wizzer, if it rains do you have somewhere we can set up? Did you mention a garage or something, or was I imagining that? I just want to be sure we don't get rained out!

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #66 on: March 14, 2013, 04:35:40 PM »
interesting. is it kinda like anime detour? a weekend convention or just like the state fair?
where you come and go for the day.

can think of any kind of exclusive i would be super excited about though.
was the pony that shall not be named a regular brushable size or a fashion pony size?

Offline mngusty

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 14, 2013, 05:10:14 PM »
I'm in for the fall up north!  Sounds fun.  If there are some people that don't want to do the commute up there, I'd be happy to do a mini-meet in the metro too.  Count me in for what ever.  Let's get a date on the calendar for the fall one, even if it's just a ball park guess. 

If someone's going to the fair, I'd deffinately buy an exclusive off you if there are extras!! 

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 14, 2013, 06:57:52 PM »
The weekend of September 21 is the only one I CAN'T do. It's our anniversary, we're being schmultzy. But any other weekend is fine.

She who must not be named is styling sized. I know Wizzer had one last year, I feel like a few other people had them, too. She's actually really cute, and someday I will have her. Someday.

Offline wizzer218

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • love me some pony!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 15, 2013, 09:56:59 AM »
Yes...i have a garage...i can make sure its nice and clean for the ponies....if for some reason there are a ton of people which would be great...hehe....theres always my parents shop its huge....i can get hold of at least 3 picnic tables plus mine...plus i have one long table like the fair....probably 2 by fair cyz i need practice setup...lol i have two tables along with my cousin....Aurora...i hope u can come..we have room in our suv we r driving:)...the more people the less everyone pays for gas...just depends on how long u can leave for...we r taking a Illinois detour cuz my dad lives there..:)
O yeah i can try to pick up an extra exclusive...i have on possibly 2 non pony people coming so they could each stand in line...i am expecting the exclusive to be a good one becuz of the 30th anniversary... maybe even g1 related!
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 09:59:29 AM by wizzer218 »

Offline seaponey

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 19, 2013, 04:38:02 PM »
Aurora, I havn't heard of any plans for a WI meet yet - If they had one last year I totally missed it!  Normally I wouldn't mind a fall meet at all, but the closer to the end of Sept the meet is, the more likely I won't be able to be there.  I'm sure Wizzer218 wouldn't want me giving birth at her house :P 

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 20, 2013, 02:30:11 PM »
Seaponey, try here. http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php?topic=325958.new;topicseen#new 
But if you give birth, we don't have to worry about games or activities! Ours would be the first meet to have a birthing!

Wizzer, the garage sounds perfect! I was just hoping for something to keep us out of the rain. It also sounds like the perfect place for setting up our own car boot- everyone just sets up their displays like a flea market, using the trunk of the cars or tailgates of trucks. I wonder if the husband would let me use the truck for the weekend? Ooooh, the planning and fun of it all!

So does anyone else have any dates that will or won't work for them in the fall? Like I said, I won't be able to go if it's the weekend of September 21st, but if that is the only weekend that works for anyone else, don't worry about me!

I also had an idea for a contest- ready? It's an art contest, and that could mean anything- photos, customs, crafts- but they have to be Paul Bunyan themed. Examples? Pictures of ponies logging, a plushie of Babe the Blue Pony, a flannel shirt with Applejack on it. The only rules are that ponies and Paul must both somehow be included, and you have to make it. No buying something off etsy and claiming it as your own! I haven't decided on the prize yet, but I'll find something awesome. You never know what I have lurking around here!

Offline bubbles171

• Trade Count: (+116)
  • So Soft Pony
  • Thank you so much shiverdam my 2 loves combined
    • View Profile
Re: Minnesota Pony Folks- Let\'s start Planning our Meet!
« Reply #72 on: March 28, 2013, 01:52:55 PM »
hi wizzer was wondering if we want to do a potluck. We could make a list of things people are bringing or even take a fee for the meat if we do something expensive but I think hambergers and hotdogs would be cheep or sloppy joes? I think it would be fun and people staying for the night we could set up a fire for smores.

Post Merge: March 28, 2013, 02:13:32 PM

has anybody thought of a date yet? any date not work for people? augest or sept not the 21as that does not work for Aurora and eariler for seapony so we should make a poll maybe like they did for the wisconson meet? would labor day weekend help people or would it hinder people with an extra day off? so dates aug 3rd, 10th 17th 24th, 31st, sept 7th?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 02:13:32 PM by bubbles171 »

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 28, 2013, 03:22:02 PM »
Check it out, I added a poll! I've never made a poll before!
The second weekend in August is bad for me, so I voted for the last weekends in August or the first one in September. October might be getting a little chilly for camping, and I just learned that I will have a giant belly by then, so before November is good. Seaponey and I will both have new pony fans for next years' meet! LOL!

I like the idea of a genuine potluck- where everyone brings something and we just see what happens. I do love hot dogs over the fire, and I'm happy to bring a couple packs of hot dogs. Maybe if everyone brings a main dish/side dish (sloppy joes, a hot dish, appetizers, something that feels like real food) and some kind of sweet thing (jello, cookies, cupcakes) and we all take care of our own drinks? I'd be ok with bringing a side dish and $5 for whatever the meat is, if that's how we want to roll. Either way works for me. My co-worker just gave me the recipe for this amazing pizza dip, it's easy enough that I can assemble it at a campground and plug the crock pot in when we arrive.

So go vote, and we'll keep chattering about food and what to bring! Huzzah!

Offline wizzer218

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • love me some pony!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 28, 2013, 04:17:57 PM »
yes a potluck would be funwe can all just type in what we want to bring and make sure nobody is bringing the same thing...lol....so is it at my house then? :biggrin:.....o this will be fun....we could even watch pony movies later for those of you who are not in a hurry to leave....but anyone that plans on camping feel free to camp at my place to save moneyz for pony funds...he he....now if we can just decide on a date...then I can really start planning :)....anytime is OK with me even though I voted any of those dates are OK with me as long as it is not the weekend of the fair on July 6th and 7th....so anytime for me!
If its August 10th it would be the day after my birthday... lol

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal