collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anyone else see the giant G1 light up pony on ebay UK?  (Read 8387 times)

Offline Sarah-Bee

• Alice Cooper's Minion Pony
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone else see the giant G1 light up pony on ebay UK?
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2013, 02:14:30 AM »
Someone mentioned pooling money to purchase one or both.  I would actually be willing to contribute.  I would like to see these go into the collecting community somehow, whether they're owned by one collector or the community in general.  It would be a shame for them be sold as an unappreciated sideshow gimmick, where they'll deteriorate without proper care.  Is anyone else interested in starting a pool?  Suggestions for where they could be stored?  Pool even more money to have them shipped to the US?

Thoughts/ideas/suggestions???

I thought about pooling too but the logistics are just mind boggling!

If only I had somewhere to put that pony........ *dreams*

Offline DannyAzazel

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2013, 02:23:54 AM »
I would probably buy it if I lived in the UK and had the money. Not that I imagine my dad or boyfriend would be very thrilled but I bet my daughter would love it.

If there is a money pool started, I'll try to contribute to it. I'd like to see it go to a collector.

Shini

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2013, 02:38:58 AM »
Not that i can in anyway afford her but.... .... I need her in my life. Maybe if i sold the OH and the car and my brother.... Then raised the cealing in my room. Yer that might work lol

Offline Dludnerad

• Bay Breeze Pony
  • ice cream and llamas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2013, 02:55:27 AM »
wonder if I could make something like that... would be fun to try :)

I'll just need a truck load of modeling clay and some fibreglass... and if I made it bigger, i could live in her head and rent out the body and feet...
 :newpony:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I see it... Can you see it too...? :shocked:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2013, 03:15:19 AM »
Storage and transportation isnt so much a problem...its how much the reserve is on them. If the person selling is a Blackpool Illumination collector, then the reserve could surprise anyone bidding. As some Blackpool Illuminations fetch quite staggering prices and lets face it that is a pretty mighty item. I am pleased that they have turned up again as I was worried that they perhaps had simply vanished.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline CapnChan

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Me, Ponies, and the Devil make Three
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2013, 04:05:38 AM »
Someone mentioned pooling money to purchase one or both.  I would actually be willing to contribute.  I would like to see these go into the collecting community somehow, whether they're owned by one collector or the community in general.  It would be a shame for them be sold as an unappreciated sideshow gimmick, where they'll deteriorate without proper care.  Is anyone else interested in starting a pool?  Suggestions for where they could be stored?  Pool even more money to have them shipped to the US?

Thoughts/ideas/suggestions???

It was me that mentioned pooling our money together, and I am very much up to this idea! I think a few of us are as well ;) I think the first point of action would be finding a collector in the UK that had a vehicle to haul it to their location with a possible storage space. If not, we could go a little further and help them rent a truck and hitch. I am sure simply covering it thoroughly in tarp would solve the space issue, unless they lived in a flat. The next step would be shipping it to the US whiiiich might not be as bad as we all think. As military we can ship things overseas at virtually no cost, however, thats for cars and household items as far as I know but I am sure there would be a way to claim it as such.

Also the reserve I am estimating is around 600 USD to 1000 USD, I have written the seller to ask if he could give me a clue at the least.  I am also curious as to who the two bidders are on it currently, if they want to buy it privately for themselves but are collectors than thats great but I just hope they are otherwise it could be some sideshow buyers looking to put it in their putt-putt course.

Think of it, if we did manage to pull this off we could display them at the MLP fair and that would just be...awesome! Who would hold it in between fairs though is the real tricky question I think. I can imagine a Smegol "precious" thing going on haha.
Current wantlist:
Sandcastles and Shovels, UK G3 Snow'el (loose), Splish, Splash and Splosh, Sunbright Family

Ask what I have for sell or trade! Have G1 merch? Sell unto meeee :D

Offline StrawberryMeadow

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • 'Scuse me, just here to steal all your TE's. Ta
    • View Profile
    • DA
« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2013, 04:13:29 AM »
There was a princess who was at Willowpool by me for a while. I took some pics with my ex's dad and our little girl a couple of years ago:

Then last year a chap I work with now told me he drives past ahuge pony every night and would take a pic for me. The resulting pic suggests it's the same princess, who has now moved to Ashton-Under-lyne, which is where my current BF's parents live!

Offline Enolaalone

• Puzzle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Anyone else see the giant G1 light up pony on ebay UK?
« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2013, 04:28:02 AM »
I want it!! I even have a back garden for it!! Just no method of getting the pony from Blackpool to Cardiff. Damnit.

Thanks to SDS for my siggy and Jupi for my avatar :)

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2013, 04:31:27 AM »
StrawberryMeadow I am so jelly you got to see one in person!
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline StrawberryMeadow

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • 'Scuse me, just here to steal all your TE's. Ta
    • View Profile
    • DA
« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2013, 04:40:41 AM »
I'd like to add that Willow Pool sells stuff like this: they get old bits of stuff for houses and gardens (BIG things I mean) and sell them (at rather inflated prices) so where she is in Ashton must be whoever bought her!

I take it back: She was apparently in Oldham, in an auction yard. I didn't know that. :\ Wonder if she ever sold?! We could all buy two! ^_^
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 04:47:38 AM by StrawberryMeadow »

Englishgothgirl

« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2013, 05:35:26 AM »
Its not just the space she would take up in a room, its getting her into the room, they stand at 8ft tall, they would not fit into a standard house or a standard door, they could only ever be stored in a garden or commerical setting, Garage, Lockup, oubuilding, yard etc. as they are simply to tall to fit through a doorway :(

Offline mercynova

• NSS Buttons
  • Trade Count: (+91)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2013, 06:43:10 AM »
I have a garage that I could store her in... just no way of getting her here. Absolutely gutted as I want this so much!

Offline michelle53

• Winger Fanatic!!
  • Trade Count: (+166)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Official Winger Nut
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2013, 07:14:05 AM »
I've seen these before bit they never fail to just amaze me.  They're amazing.  I showed the pictures to my daughters this morning, and they went nuts over them!  My oldest asked if that was something Santa Clause could bring. Haha, she's too big to fit in his sleigh;)

I sent a picture of her to my husband, and he relied with an emphatic NO WAY!!  Hey, a girl can dream right?!

Thank you Behemoth for my beautiful siggy!
HEY [you]! CHECK OUT MY EBAY SALES!!
http://www.ebay.com/usr/momlilyaria?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Offline CrazyCatPony

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • 1st step is to admit you have a problem, i dont :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2013, 08:58:30 AM »
if i was rich, i would buy them and have them in my yard! i have wanted one of these since i heard about them.... sigh.... they are sooo cool!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2013, 08:59:37 AM »
I can't imagine how much it would cost to get one of those shipped to the U.S.-  a mind boggling sum, no doubt.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal