collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Least favourite/Most disappointing G4 merch?  (Read 4178 times)

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
Re: Least favourite/Most disappointing G4 merch?
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2013, 06:49:23 PM »
Chrysalis is worse than I thought.  I never bothered to actually study her before and, yes, she does look dreadful.  Still not as bad as the new large Alicorn Twilight.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Anybody have a match and some gasoline?  (I'll be honest though, when I was little, I would have loved this toy to bits.  It was drilled into my head to love anything pink/purple and ponyish, whether or not the quality was actually there.)
How could I have forgotten about that Twilight. xD Something about her raised leg irks me to to end, and I sorta feel she's too "thin" (if that made sense). I kinda think she's cute, but that could be because I have a soft spot for TS in general.

If we can't say "the entire G4 line" (the ponies are so cheap and I hate it), I'm gonna have to go with all the nice merch being plastered with "brony".
I do feel that some of the Brony merch look cheap/tacky and lazy because of them putting "brony" on it. D:
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline ApertureScience

• Forever Ouchy Roids
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2013, 07:28:51 PM »
If we can't say "the entire G4 line" (the ponies are so cheap and I hate it), I'm gonna have to go with all the nice merch being plastered with "brony".
I do feel that some of the Brony merch look cheap/tacky and lazy because of them putting "brony" on it. D:

Agreed.  It was cool at first because being a brony was something new for everyone and the brony merch was minimal, but now it's everywhere and a lot of the new clothes and stuff still have "Brony" written on them.  And it's almost always with just Rainbow Dash.  Not interested, thanks.

Offline egyptiondragon

• Secret Mythic Flygon
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Flying with dragons on a moonbeam
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2013, 07:38:38 PM »
Chrysalis is worse than I thought.  I never bothered to actually study her before and, yes, she does look dreadful.  Still not as bad as the new large Alicorn Twilight.

Anybody have a match and some gasoline?  (I'll be honest though, when I was little, I would have loved this toy to bits.  It was drilled into my head to love anything pink/purple and ponyish, whether or not the quality was actually there.)
and the fact that they will be 50 bucks ><

Offline blonde2themax

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2013, 07:44:57 PM »
G4 is lacking in most of it's appeal now.  I hate the fact that the mane six keeps getting sold >:/.  I want new ponies.... And don't get me started on the fact that they picture celestia as a white FS and you get pink. 
Thanks Shenanigans for my sig & Sirithfin for my profile pic :D!
My Sales Page :D!http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,319444.msg580218.html#msg580218
My G3 and Season Swap Wishlisthttp://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,327117.new.html#new

Lightning Twirl

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2013, 07:51:10 PM »
Im personally dissapointed in the upcoming Queen Chrys brushable. :( im happy we get her but I had hoped her legs would be cheese legs! They are just painted on holes! :O

I also dont like the merch that has 'Brony' written on it, not all fans call themselves a 'brony'

Offline Aitsuki

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2013, 07:52:22 PM »
Mm, as a G4 brushables collector... the cloth strip mane plushies. I can't stand that, they look like pastel rastafarians.... not what I want in a cuddly pony plush. As for Chrysalis, well... her biggest problems are nothing a drill can't solve. Lots of people have done it, and it works great. Then just trim her wings a little and if you're really good, you could even paint on her carapace lines. I have a few bent pins from sewing, so my will be getting a crown easy! But those plushies... ugh. Their stumpy legs and overly fat heads with their ugly manes grinds my beans!!
My 3DS Friend Code (Playing Pokemon Moon): 2938-6334-2129

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2013, 07:56:54 PM »
Agreed.  It was cool at first because being a brony was something new for everyone and the brony merch was minimal, but now it's everywhere and a lot of the new clothes and stuff still have "Brony" written on them.  And it's almost always with just Rainbow Dash.  Not interested, thanks.
That's how I was. I thought it was cute/cool when it first came out, but now it's getting to be a bit much. I know it sells, but I feel they should "tone it down". There are shirts, wallets, hats, backpacks/bags, ect., with "brony" on it now, and I await the day that they'll actually be a MLP:FiM pony toy with the word "brony" on it, or as a cutie mark. xD
Considering how RD is basically the "brony pony" for FiM (that doesn't have bubbles [or balloons, on occasion] as her cutie mark), I'm not surprised she's on 80%+ of the merchandise. But yes, I do feel that other ponies should at least get some brony merch attention.

I think the "jumping the shark moment" for me with the brony merch is when I saw the Pinkie Pie "Come At Me, Brony" shirt at Hot Topic a few days ago. ^^;
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Lightning Twirl

« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2013, 07:59:30 PM »
So... something totally different. Wich G4 MLP Toy do you really DON'T like? I have to go with this one:

Queen Chrysalis always had been one of my Favourite MLP Characters. And when I saw that she got her own brushable. I almost fainted.
I was sure she were about to look great. But then... when I saw her... man. Where do I start.

Well the good thing is her eye and color. But thats it. They just recycled the same mold from Celestia and NMM. No unique horn nope. The horn is just the standard one with a sticker slapped on it, great... the legs are the same, even the friggin shoes are still visible, and the holes are just stickers, come on how much is drilling? Then her wings, well.. they are blue and transparant but thats about it, same wing mold. Great...  :really: The part were she has in the show that beauitifull gradient (part where her wings are attached to_ here.. just plain green. No Gradient. And then. We miss quite a big thing: Her Crown, but without the crown she isnt a queen.

Hasbro really disappointed me with this toy, Im note sure If I will get her, perhaps I will customise her. But for now I have to go with her Blind Bag. I would like to hear your opinions on your least favourite/Most disappointing G4 merch. ;)

WOW! I did not know that she was that boring looking :(  I am still going to get the set, but sucks :(

YES! Lazy Hasbro! :( I wish I had a drill! XD
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 08:02:11 PM by Lightning Twirl »

Offline DannyAzazel

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2013, 08:18:51 PM »
I think the "jumping the shark moment" for me with the brony merch is when I saw the Pinkie Pie "Come At Me, Brony" shirt at Hot Topic a few days ago. ^^;

:yikes: I wish that didn't exist.

I really wish they'd step it up with the G4 line, even if they had to charge more. If "bronies" are willing to spend HUNDREDS on custom plushies, they'll spend the money on a good, show accurate pony. Not that everybody would but I'm sure a lot would. And they'd probably still be cheap enough for parents to afford.

Sarah Jo

« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2013, 08:21:25 PM »
Echoing that blind bag Fluttershy needs her own mold and not all merch needs to have "brony" on it to be awesome.

Offline Skylar

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+211)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2013, 08:38:57 PM »
Having everything painted on Zecora kind of bugs me. Can you imagine how much nicer she would be if she had real jewelry instead of a cheap paint job?

shadowdreamer

« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2013, 09:03:42 PM »
The Target plushies with  fur mane and tail are high on my list, but also the talking twilight  toy that is coming out, and as much as I want an Applejack, the crystal motion ponies disappointed me from videos I have seen and reviews.

Offline Violet CLM

• Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sunset Shimmer did nothing wrong
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2013, 10:48:45 PM »
The most disappointing thing for me so far are the blind bag size three-packs.  I love that they spent time on the specialty molds but the paint jobs are some of the worst yet.  The Cadance I ended up with was particularly sloppy and it was then I decide to spend my money on brushables only.
I'd chalk that up to individual variation. I've got all the three-packs that have been released so far, and they're all perfect.
Echoing that blind bag Fluttershy needs her own mold and not all merch needs to have "brony" on it to be awesome.
She has one. Coming later this year.

AndrewsarchusJones

« Reply #43 on: April 07, 2013, 11:55:18 PM »

That's pretty much what I thought when I saw the title. And bronies dare to rag on G3. At least they did more than stand and stand with a bent leg.

She has one. Coming later this year.

'bout time pegs get another mold besides the Wonderbolt pose(Really? That was made before a main character?). Don't know why this was so hard the first time.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2013, 01:05:00 PM »
If I am honest...for the toys none of them particularly disappoint me [I may be the only voice which says is :P] but thats because for the price point I don't expect high quality or high finish. What disappoints me in the toy line is the general lack of variety in new characters.

For the merch - I will admit to being disappointed in many ways mainly as much of it has a much higher buy in price. My main disappointment is also an over abundance of branding everything "brony" and also taking so much "fan" obsession into the merch.

Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal