collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Least favourite/Most disappointing G4 merch?  (Read 4208 times)

Offline TornadoTwist

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Author of MLP Merch
    • View Profile
Least favourite/Most disappointing G4 merch?
« on: April 07, 2013, 11:06:30 AM »
So... something totally different. Wich G4 MLP Toy do you really DON'T like? I have to go with this one:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Queen Chrysalis always had been one of my Favourite MLP Characters. And when I saw that she got her own brushable. I almost fainted.
I was sure she were about to look great. But then... when I saw her... man. Where do I start.

Well the good thing is her eye and color. But thats it. They just recycled the same mold from Celestia and NMM. No unique horn nope. The horn is just the standard one with a sticker slapped on it, great... the legs are the same, even the friggin shoes are still visible, and the holes are just stickers, come on how much is drilling? Then her wings, well.. they are blue and transparant but thats about it, same wing mold. Great...  :really: The part were she has in the show that beauitifull gradient (part where her wings are attached to_ here.. just plain green. No Gradient. And then. We miss quite a big thing: Her Crown, but without the crown she isnt a queen.

Hasbro really disappointed me with this toy, Im note sure If I will get her, perhaps I will customise her. But for now I have to go with her Blind Bag. I would like to hear your opinions on your least favourite/Most disappointing G4 merch. ;)

Offline Lucky_Ladybug

• Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters and 5Ds forever!
    • View Profile
    • Lucky Ladybug's Library
Re: Least favourite/Most disappointing G4 merch?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2013, 11:13:13 AM »
I agree that the Queen is definitely a disappointment in such respects. Especially still being able to see the raised-up shoes, oh gosh. And I was disappointed by the Nightmare Moon too, really, by her helmet and such just being painted on instead of being raised up to show they're not part of her body but things she's wearing. It felt very cheap.

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2013, 11:26:40 AM »
Considering that the regular brushable ponies don't even get new molds i don't think we need to be surprised by the fact that Chrysalis is so cheap. Honestly, the entire G4 Toyline has been fairly dissapointing and the merch that is actually interesting doesn't get sold in my country. Meh.

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2013, 11:27:48 AM »
Yeah, I definitely agree they should have either made a completely new mold for her, or just not made her. She looks ridiculous in Celestia's mold. I was also disappointed in the first Luna they made because not only was she in the wrong color, she was just made using the normal pony mold which made her eyes look really strange. The new mold they use for her is so much better.

Offline TornadoTwist

• Dabbles Pony
  • Author of MLP Merch
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2013, 11:32:24 AM »
Yeah, I definitely agree they should have either made a completely new mold for her, or just not made her. She looks ridiculous in Celestia's mold. I was also disappointed in the first Luna they made because not only was she in the wrong color, she was just made using the normal pony mold which made her eyes look really strange. The new mold they use for her is so much better.

Totally agree with this one. You can still see the mold were officially Twilight/Rarity's eye go. Kinda bother me. :/

Offline svleonard

• Trade Count: (+194)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2013, 11:34:07 AM »
I've been kind of disappointed in the blind bags.  They're adorable and I love them, but the paint application is pretty sloppy on most.  If Hasbro was tighter on the quality control, I might be more excited about them.

Post Merge: April 07, 2013, 11:34:27 AM

That Queen Chrysalis doesn't look so hot, either.

Offline ravengusty

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2013, 11:39:37 AM »
I haven't been collecting the G4s I had to sell the ones I had and just stop looking. I'm mostly collecting G1 but am interested in getting Nightmare Moon, Luna, brushable Celestia and was interested in Chrysalis after actually seeing the wedding episodes. But stickers for holes? Meh I think I'll have to pass on that it's just not good enough. Especially her horn pfft chrysalis's horn and wings are very distinctive. Glossing over that is just rubbish. Not impressed.
my new fan page https://www.facebook.com/princessofpowerukfan
:socks:
Just so you know...I open boxes! My cash, my pony, my choice  :biggrin:
Respect to Box lovers you have stronger will than I do...peace  :)

Offline Sawkinator

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2013, 11:55:30 AM »
I'm fairly disappointed in Crysalis as well. Just... come on, Hasbro.  :huh:
I still might get the set though, just because I'm a completist.

DJ Pon3 was also pretty sad since they didn't even bother giving her different eye molds. Just a printed-on pair of glasses. It's so painfully obvious and looks terrible.

Couldn't we all start a petition for better-quality brushables/blind bags? Or even for other issues, like the lack of boy ponies, poses and ponies besides the mane 6? :|

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2013, 12:15:06 PM »
Oh, I forgot about DJ P0N-3. I skipped getting her because of her painted on sunglasses. Besides looking cheap, they didn't even fully cover the eye indents.

I'm also kind of disappointed in the blind bags, both with the quality and the lack of molds.

Offline Lucky_Ladybug

• Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters and 5Ds forever!
    • View Profile
    • Lucky Ladybug's Library
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2013, 12:26:15 PM »
Oh yeah, I was really excited for DJ Pon-3 (I adore white Ponies!), but I was very underwhelmed by the design of the painted-on glasses. Blah. I still don't have her, because of that.

Offline svleonard

• Trade Count: (+194)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2013, 12:34:35 PM »
Oh, I forgot about DJ P0N-3. I skipped getting her because of her painted on sunglasses. Besides looking cheap, they didn't even fully cover the eye indents.

I'm also kind of disappointed in the blind bags, both with the quality and the lack of molds.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention DJ Pon-3's pathetic glasses.  Just printing them on a Rarity mold was pretty lame.  And the lack of variety in the blind bag molds (no Fluttershy? only one boy mold?) is frustrating, in addition to the overall poor quality.

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2013, 01:03:13 PM »
I'm fairly disappointed in Crysalis as well. Just... come on, Hasbro.  :huh:
I still might get the set though, just because I'm a completist.

DJ Pon3 was also pretty sad since they didn't even bother giving her different eye molds. Just a printed-on pair of glasses. It's so painfully obvious and looks terrible.
Those two. DJ Pon3 was the worst because I didn't know about it until I bought the box.    :cry:

I don't think there is a pony in the favorites collection 2 that I want enough to pay that much money for.  It's too bad, but on the other hand, it's more money for previous generations.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 01:04:49 PM by brightberry »
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline HawaiianRain

• Guardian of Imagination
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2013, 01:12:45 PM »
The lack of new g4 molds/poses.

The continuous repeat of the mane 6.

Tossing a mask and adding a few stands of tinsil to the mane only does not a new run make. It wouldn't be so bad if they came in new poses besides the stand and stand with a leg raised.

Funrise fluttershy plush.

why o why did you put pink in her ears and on the bottoms of her feet? NO other plush you have made is like this. Did your supplier not have any yellow fabric? It just looks like you used leftovers from the pinkie pie plush.

Offline Watercolors

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • Collector of G1 and G2!
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2013, 01:23:04 PM »
everything about the G4 toys is disapointing. The plushies, the brushables, the blindbags... everything! :(

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2013, 01:24:55 PM »
For me it's a tie between DJ-Pon-3 (her eye shape...they couldn't have just make the shades match the unicorn eyes mold?) and the Shadowbolt Raindow Dash. Really. Hasbro - did you just ahve to make yet another RD figure, even if she's in a costume. They should have just made it a normal Shadowbolt. ;_;
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal