collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Advice on a recent purchase  (Read 502 times)

Offline shimmlight

• Saviour of all Cowkind
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Moo.
    • View Profile
Advice on a recent purchase
« on: May 08, 2015, 02:25:58 AM »
Can I have some advice? I bought a soft toy from somebody on ebay who listed it as new because it still had the tag attached. I could tell that she didn't really want to sell it from the item description, she was very reluctant to let it go. The only flaw she mentioned was a small blue mark and that it had received "the odd cuddle". She was also extremely nice to me in messages before it arrived. However it came today, and to be honest it's just not in the condition I was expecting. It's got another mark which she didn't mention (I'm not suggesting she did this on purpose, she may have not nptcord it), it's lost it's fluffyness (feels like it's been handled a lot) and it also smells kind of weird, like cheese? I feel like I should say something because I paid a high amount for it expecting it to be in very good condition, but she's been so nice to me and I know she didn't really want to sell it so I feel really bad saying anything. On top of that these are quite htf so id be reluctant to send it back considering ive been looking for one for ages. What would you do in this situation?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:rainbow: Wantlist :rainbow: eBay Listings :rainbow: Arena Sales :rainbow:

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Advice on a recent purchase
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2015, 02:51:49 AM »
I would most likely send my seller a polite message and explain your concerns, as you did here. If the item was not received in the condition that is was described, you have every right to question her, even if she was nice. She may have a reasonable solution for you, ex. perhaps a partial refund or a full refund upon return of the toy.

I see you say the toy is HTF, how hard to find is it? Is the price you paid a price for one in mint condition? Just curious? 
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline shimmlight

• Saviour of all Cowkind
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Moo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2015, 04:53:48 AM »
I would most likely send my seller a polite message and explain your concerns, as you did here. If the item was not received in the condition that is was described, you have every right to question her, even if she was nice. She may have a reasonable solution for you, ex. perhaps a partial refund or a full refund upon return of the toy.

I see you say the toy is HTF, how hard to find is it? Is the price you paid a price for one in mint condition? Just curious?

I might have to do this. I just feel bad as she seemed very sad to be selling it and was relieved to find she'd found someone who would appreciate it (in her words). Only thing I'm concerned about saying is the fact that it smells, lots of people get offended if you tell them something they sent you smells funny. I have a feeling it might actually be the scent of her house.

I think so, as I recently bought the other one (in fact, the more sought after of the pair) in mint condition for less than I paid for this one. It's a Disneyland Paris exclusive which is why they're hard to get hold of.

:rainbow: Wantlist :rainbow: eBay Listings :rainbow: Arena Sales :rainbow:

Offline cloud_weaver

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2015, 11:43:52 AM »
Okay, now I'm curious...which plushie did you buy?

Thank you LunaCat for my Kirin Cloud Weaver!
Cloudie’s Wish List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396949
Cloudie’s TRADE List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396962

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal