collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: :/ Seriously? eBay Bidder Alert  (Read 3450 times)

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
:/ Seriously? eBay Bidder Alert
« on: April 06, 2015, 06:08:43 PM »
This happened a few days ago.  The lot was sold to another buyer, but I thought maybe ya'll want to keep and eye out for the bidder pixiestarla

Lot of 3 baity G4's: http://www.ebay.com/itm/361256420298?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1559.l2649

Accepted Best Offer of $10 (from another buyer)

Shipping was included and cost $5.47 for Priority Mail

---------------- 4/3/2015 -----------------------
Hi littlespiffy,

Want to sell this item fast? pixiestarla has just made a best offer to buy it. Here are the details of the offer:

Offer price:   $3.00

You have sent a counteroffer of $9.99

Hello - shipping for this item is included. Shipping will cost approximately $6, so I cannot accept your offer of $3. $9.99 is the lowest I can go ($6 for shipping, $1 each for Celestia & Cadence, $2 for Fluttershy) Thanks!

edit: Okay, so my math doesn't add up!  I should have said $1.99 for Fluttershy ^.^

pixiestarla has sent you a counteroffer

Offer price:   $3.00

Buyer terms:   They are completly destroyed hair wise .. I dont customize so i was just going to give them MO hawks. .. but that's the whole thing people want to BRUSH Pony hair

:blink:  Added her to my blocked bidder list because...what?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 06:16:25 PM by LittleSpiffy »

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: :/ Seriously? eBay Buyer Alert
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2015, 06:13:06 PM »
Wait, she countered your counter with as she does not customize they should be cheaper?  O   K...
:socks:   :frog:

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: :/ Seriously? eBay Bidder Alert
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2015, 06:15:00 PM »
Wait, she countered your counter with as she does not customize they should be cheaper?  O   K...

:rofl: Yeeeeeeeah.  Because they're baits, I should just send her ponies at my expense.

shintoji

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2015, 06:29:48 PM »
honestly, im kind of glad they didnt come back with a good offer! why waste perfectly good baits on just standard ponies with mow hawks? boooring!

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2015, 03:49:55 AM »
:blink:  wait..what?!  :crazy:    really low offer -ok, so they needed some work, fine and people lowballing on ebay - normal these days if not still irritating... but then that message  with the same low offer after you sent her the details??!!
yeah..no!   I think I'll add that one to my block list too  :awake:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline pyrodarknessanny

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • banannas
    • View Profile
    • Pyrodarknessanny's ko-fi
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2015, 04:03:55 AM »
oh my!  how rude can people be?

lowballing is one thing but this .... . just

WOW. 

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2015, 01:19:38 PM »
Ya, I think I shall be adding her to my list also. I have had about enough of people contacting sellers and acting as if the world revolves around them and their low ball offers and nasty comments.

I am glad you stuck to your guns Spiffy!
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline flying_narwhal

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Etsy Store
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2015, 01:29:45 PM »
What an annoying situation :( This is one of the reasons when I have best offer enabled that I auto-reject offers below a certain amount. Although it doesn't really seem to stop people that are going to do it as I do get horribly low offers from time to time through ebay messages even when there isn't even a best offer option enabled! There seem to be a lot of people on ebay that feel very entitled.

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2015, 01:47:32 PM »
What an annoying situation :( This is one of the reasons when I have best offer enabled that I auto-reject offers below a certain amount. Although it doesn't really seem to stop people that are going to do it as I do get horribly low offers from time to time through ebay messages even when there isn't even a best offer option enabled! There seem to be a lot of people on ebay that feel very entitled.

LoLz, I had this situation with a doll that was worth around $200.  Someone messaged me after the auction had ended (not realizing I had re-listed it) with:

"Would you sell her for 60 dollar?
Her her is badly tangled... For the price you like to have it should be like new... "

Which was NOT true - I had even stated that I spent over an hour brushing out all of the tangles...then, the person immediately sent another message:

"Ohr dress is also damaged... 50 Dollar?"

LMAO - the doll sold for $175 within a few hours.

Offline flying_narwhal

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Etsy Store
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2015, 01:57:02 PM »

LoLz, I had this situation with a doll that was worth around $200.  Someone messaged me after the auction had ended (not realizing I had re-listed it) with:

"Would you sell her for 60 dollar?
Her her is badly tangled... For the price you like to have it should be like new... "

Which was NOT true - I had even stated that I spent over an hour brushing out all of the tangles...then, the person immediately sent another message:

"Ohr dress is also damaged... 50 Dollar?"

LMAO - the doll sold for $175 within a few hours.

That story is hilarious! Sometimes offers are just so low that I am infinitely more amused than I am frustrated. I once had a person who contacted me several times over a period of about a month with increasingly low offers, the final time the person told me they were doing me a favor because I was losing so much money relisting the item over and over... I never pay to list, I always use my free listings and promotions so I wasn't losing money and it was something I wasn't willing to budge on the price. The item sold the same day to someone else for over 5 times what they offered so luckily I stopped getting contacted by the person.

Offline Aadra310

• Trade Count: (+80)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • Etsy Shop
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2015, 02:08:33 PM »
I get those kinds of messages, too!  When I (politely) refuse, I sometimes get a snarky response that they found the same item somewhere else in better condition and cheaper, anyway so never-mind.  LOL!  Suuuuuure, you did.

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2015, 02:45:28 PM »
flying_narwhal, haha, they're doing you a favor? 

Aadra310, it's moments like that where I think "why are bothering to tell me?"

For the most part, I have positive eBay experiences.  It's just when something "weird" happens that I get really annoyed. 

The Best Offer feature is great, but sometimes people make me wonder.  Like, when I'm a buyer & I send an offer of $15...and the seller counters with $16.  :/  Okay, right, sure.  Whatever.  I understand haggling is expected to a certain extent...like someone offers me $10, I counter $15, I get a counter offer of $12...it's a bit of a game.  At this point I try to accept any reasonable offer.  If there's a minimum I need, I send the buyer a message of why I need X-amount as a minimum (usually it's shipping costs & what I originally paid for the item).

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2015, 04:01:59 AM »

*nods in agreement*  Yep , same here! :nod:  irritating and amusing at the same time I guess. I've currently got a doll for sale MIB that is very HTF and the PC was higher than I listed her and she has free worldwide shipping, tracking, insurance etc. I initially had her as a best offer but ..yeah... so I took the best offer option off and left her as just a BIN. There are lots of watchers.. but I am getting ebay messages most days asking me to accept offers and even to accept the low offer and to sell outside of ebay .The answer is no.  I'll keep her first!  some times people want to give you half your asking price or even less , even with free shipping etc  and they live on the other side of the world *eyeroll* if it doesn't have a best offer option then people shouldn't be asking. The seller will add a best offer option if they think it needs it :rolleyes:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal