collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Healthy Habits Lets Go Round 3 Challenge 6 Posted Anytime Sign up:)  (Read 18381 times)

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
Re: Healthy Habits Lets Go Round 3 Sign Ups!!
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2012, 09:27:45 AM »
Wow a marathon!!!!! We will be cheering you on. Little steps go a long way....becareful not to stress yourself:) thdre are teas that are calming you can drink while on computer to help sleep. Lavender is calming sent to have :)
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445
Facebook: Voices by Share

Offline tornadoe

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2012, 11:10:45 AM »
I've lost 2 stone in total so far
Let your heart guide you. It whispers so listen cloesly..

Cumberbatch2012

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2012, 08:12:37 PM »
User Name:  Cumberbatch2012

What is/are long term goals?  Long-To lose 200 lbs. and keep it off for life.  Short-Eat healthy food and don't overeat.  Drink a ton of water every day.  Take a walk every day and eventually find a good exercise bike to ride when it's icy and freezing outside.  First weight mini goal will be to get out of the 300 lb. range.

What are the steps you are taking to reach that goal?  Same things I mentioned above.  I need to do this every single day for life.  It has to be a life change, not just something to do to lose the weight and then quit.  I need to lose around 2 lbs. a week.  No more salt, grease, sugar, or pop.  I also know pills and fad diets do not work.

What is healthy for you?  Lots of water.  Fruit, vegetables, salad with low fat dressings, chicken breast, baked fish, turkey breast, yogurt, wheat bread, wheat pasta, sugar free fruit juice.

How will you reward yourself?  Allow myself some kind of non-food treat, like an MLP-FIM item, a new CD, some kind of reward, every time I lose 15 or 20 lbs.  When I reach the final goal of 135 lbs...I'm not sure yet...maybe a new tattoo, a trip somewhere cool, something that will be really meaningful.  Maybe I will fly back to NYC for a little vacation.

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2012, 09:02:20 PM »
Hrrmm..I would like to join but I wouldn't do too well. Need to focus on my mental illness so I can get the energy to do well.
Though I think I'll follow the thread along and try to do what I can still! I'm already doing better than I did years ago!

Post Merge: September 08, 2012, 09:07:33 PM

You know what, maybe the mental illness is something I could sign up for getting healthy.

User Name:aellos
What is/are long term goals?
To get more energy so I can keep up with a fitness plan. So I can feel less paranoid and scared every day of my life. By eliminating anxiety I can work on my constant tension and actually feel better for once.
What are the steps you are taking to reach that goal?
I'm starting therapy, and I plan on trying more coping techniques. Maintain the job I just got instead of losing another one due to anxiety. Avoiding major bouts of caffeine, and trying to eat a bit healthier.
What is healthy for you?
A healthy mind followed by a healthy body. Nobody should feel scared for no reason every day of their life.
How will you reward yourself?
Hrrm, put $20 towards a new BJD whenever I have a week where I tried my hardest to defeat catastrophic thinking.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 09:07:33 PM by aellos »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

||DevART||Tumblr||Red Pepper Ref||Flickr||
Don't fall reluctant heroes, I want to be brave like you.

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2012, 02:23:19 AM »
I want to join, and a prize is not really needed. I just need to figure out a goal. I already walk every day, and I've been eating a low carb diet for 6 months. Wheat-free, grain-free, starch-free, and sugar-free. It's a completely ingrained way of life, and I won't look back.

I want to lose some more weight, but I've lost as much as my low-functioning thyroid will allow me. :shakefist: @ thyroid gland.

Maybe my goal is to keep walking as I'm losing a little bit of motivation for it. Also, being a cheerleader for others in this thread could be a goal. I'll think about it. :think: I can also share my tips and how to go on virtual walks if anyone wants to exercise by walking.

Stomper, you are always a cheerleader for your fellow Arena members.  You are also an inspiration for my weight loss goals.  It's great to have you along this time :hug:

Offline mercynova

• NSS Buttons
  • Trade Count: (+91)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2012, 12:30:55 PM »
I would really like to be part of this :) I really want to help encouraging others and maybe hearing some advise myself! I can provide a few things as prizes too!

User Name:
Mercynova

What is/are long term goals?:
To become healthy. I don't really need to lose weight but I am exceptionally unfit. I would like to be able to complete a 45 minute exercise section without feeling as though I've run a marathon.

What are the steps you are taking to reach that goal?:
I recently joined the gym. I'm going to be doing a couple of spinning classes per week alongside gym sessions and swimming.

What is healthy for you?
Eating little and often. Rather than gorging myself unnecessarily which I have a tendancy to do.

How will you reward yourself?
Putting money into a fund to buy myself a new Ice Crystal and Mimic.

Good luck all :D

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2012, 01:51:10 PM »
Thanks, Kiwimlp. :lovey:

User Name: SourdoughStomper
What is/are long term goals? To continue walking, and to be a cheerleader for others.
What are the steps you are taking to reach that goal?I have my pedometer, I have my walking ticker, I have my spreadsheet and Google Earth. All of these tools keep me motivated to stay on my virtual walk. I'll do my best to stay active in the thread, and I might will repeatedly plug some of the information I've learned about weight loss.
What is healthy for you? I walk mostly just to stay fit and hopefully keep the depresses away. Maybe to help maintain the weight too. But it no longer helps me lose weight. That's okay. I also stay away from most high-carbohydrate food.
How will you reward yourself? Back when I was losing weight, I had a goal list of items I'd get for myself at each milestone. I got about half of them, but didn't get the rest when husband became unemployed. But I'd really love to commission some pony artwork from some of the members and maybe a Sunflower custom or two.

I have a screen shot of my virtual walk.

[img2]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/TRCapp/WiiFit/GoogleMap.jpg[/img2]

Last year, I walked from Lethbridge to Yuma (my hometown), and it took me about 10 months to do so. Once I got there, I turned around and am walking back via a different route. I went through some cities where family or friends live.

Tucson, AZ has one childhood bestest best friend.
Rio Rancho, NM is where I wanted to move to before I got stuck in Canada.
Creede, CO has family.
Colorado Springs, CO has other childhood bestest best friend.
Powell, WY has family.
Then back to Lethbridge.

I'm currently in Wyoming. I'm 2/3rd of the way through the walk, with 1206 kilometers left to walk. This current walk started on November 13, 2011. I made myself a little ticker this afternoon so I can have fun with that. (I also put it in the extra info in my profile.)

When I'm back to Lethbridge, I might transport myself to Middle-Earth and walk from Bag-end to Mordor. YES, I will simply walk into Mordor! :shifty:

EDIT, Sep 22: Adding a new goal. Nothing so much to do with weight, but definitely important for my health. I am certain I suffer from hypothyroidism. My goal is to get diagnosed and treated. Sounds simple, but I've already fired one doctor for holding me hostage to laboratory results instead of caring about my symptoms. Finding a new doctor is akin to climbing Mt. Everest, but I must try. My enthusiasm for seeking is about as low as you can go, so maybe others can cheer lead me on this difficult endeavor.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 05:53:48 AM by SourdoughStomper »
 Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

Offline Ivaness

• Henry the 8th's Missing Wife
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • The Most Happy
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2012, 05:08:37 PM »
SDS< explain this virtual walk to me! That sounds SUPER interesting!

Avatar by: KissTheThunder Signature By: Nence
Silver Shy Ref Autine Ref

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2012, 06:04:05 PM »
Your main tool is to have a pedometer that will measure your distance. I wear mine from the moment I get up in the morning until I go to bed. So that way, I know how far I go every day.

I also have Google Earth, and I made a route between two cities. I use the GE's measuring tool and just put a pushpin to mark how far I've gone each day. :) I suppose Google Maps works too if you don't have GE, but I'm not sure if you can save your progress or use pushpins.

It does require keeping track of things regularly, but it really keeps me motivated to do my walking.
 Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2012, 08:51:32 AM »
Welcome all:)
cumberbatch2012 i am here to help you with your goal. Use the area in aneay you can:)
Aellos glad to have you on board. Support is different ave can help get over hurdles:)
Mercynova thanks for joining. I am super excited for this:)

Cheer leaders are always welcome:) i am so glad to have this as i fall apart during holidays....:)
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2012, 10:00:15 AM »
Wow, my weekend got crazy! But my husband is now on graveyard shift again so I can go running!!!!!!!! YAY!!
Aellos, I hadn't even thought about making goals about mental illness, such a great idea.

User Name: Salli
What is/are long term goals? Reach ideal weight, eat really healthy, take up tai chi and dance to help with my depression/anxiety/ADHD
What are the steps you are taking to reach that goal? Running, tai chi, dance, plan a new eating lifestyle. I need to acquire the DVDs for Tai Chi and Dance and plan my eating
What is healthy for you? Having a schedule for taking care of myself (and my family) with lots of scheduled free time too. I do really well when I am in a structured environment. It's so hard for my chaotic/creative mind to do this for myself.
How will you reward yourself? I don't know. That is a great question. I will have to think about it

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2012, 10:33:28 AM »
Who would have thought rewarding yourself would be thae hard part:)

Offline aellos

• Girl with the box
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Reluctant warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2012, 04:33:01 PM »
Wow, my weekend got crazy! But my husband is now on graveyard shift again so I can go running!!!!!!!! YAY!!
Aellos, I hadn't even thought about making goals about mental illness, such a great idea.

User Name: Salli
What is/are long term goals? Reach ideal weight, eat really healthy, take up tai chi and dance to help with my depression/anxiety/ADHD
What are the steps you are taking to reach that goal? Running, tai chi, dance, plan a new eating lifestyle. I need to acquire the DVDs for Tai Chi and Dance and plan my eating
What is healthy for you? Having a schedule for taking care of myself (and my family) with lots of scheduled free time too. I do really well when I am in a structured environment. It's so hard for my chaotic/creative mind to do this for myself.
How will you reward yourself? I don't know. That is a great question. I will have to think about it

I should totally try some Tai Chi out. Hrrm, where to get videos for cheap.

Also, for anxiety, look up Taoist breathing! WORKS GREAT!

||DevART||Tumblr||Red Pepper Ref||Flickr||
Don't fall reluctant heroes, I want to be brave like you.

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2012, 01:32:11 AM »
Stomper, you are going to walk to Mordor??  You are braver than I!  Watch out for Fell Beasts - and don't look into the marsh!  visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I like how with this programe I can still get a point even if I don't exercise.  On the last programme I didn't get to exercise every single day but I knew I'd still done enough to lose weight with my eating.  :)

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2012, 07:44:01 AM »
This thread is helping me already and it hasn't even started yet! I've been remembering to try to eat all my food groups most days since I signed up. I still keep forgetting that stupid vitamin though and forgetting to stop when I'm full. But I'll get better! I will!

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal