collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Your Most Unexpected Favorite Pony  (Read 1628 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: Your Most Unexpected Favorite Pony
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2016, 02:24:12 PM »
Baby Cherries Jubilee for me too. I'm not terribly fond of her mom so she wasn't big on my want list but I saw her for a good price and snagged her because her set is one of my favorite sets and I needed her as part of completing that set. Wow was she adorable in person!!! Those freckles! I am just in love with her.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Another one is So Soft Paradise. I do eventually want to complete my So Softs so she was on the list but not high priority. I found her at the thrift store 2 weeks ago and she is almost mint! Beautiful white flocking, almost no flocking loss, her hair is gorgeous with original curl. She is so stunning and such a wonderful surprise because most thrift store ponies need lots of tlc and cleaning but she was perfect after a minimal spa day. I still haven't gotten a picture of her since it's been raining non stop but I'll update with photos this week.

So those are the 2 off the top of my head. I'm sure there are others that I'm not thinking of right now.

Edit to add: The Tropical ponies. I got Pina Colada and adore her! She's one of my favorites. I bought the other 3 recently and I really love this whole set and they were such an impulse buy, not on my radar at all. I don't have pics of the set yet but this is my beautiful Pina Colada.  :inlove:

Baby CJ is just precious! Piña Colada! :dribble:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Pierlala

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2016, 02:26:07 PM »
Italian Windy.

I was never really eager to get her. Nor very interested in her. She was one of those Ponies that you wouldn't mind getting, because it's a Pony you don't have yet. But you're not dying to get her. I bought a small lot where there was a Italian Windy. She was in real bad shape. Scratches all over her face and body. Her horn was full of pen marks. She was very dirty and had super frizzy tail.

But after I cleaned her up, washed her hair, conditioned it, de-frizzed it, removed the pen marks with acetone and made her horn look like brand new again. She was just beautiful again! I still look at her and remind myself that no matter how bad a Pony looks, you can make a huge difference with enough love!

She's really nice and I would like other versions of her as well!

Before:

After:

:)
My wish list: Click here!.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2016, 02:27:39 PM »
Italian Windy.

I was never really eager to get her. Nor very interested in her. She was one of those Ponies that you wouldn't mind getting, because it's a Pony you don't have yet. But you're not dying to get her. I bought a small lot where there was a Italian Windy. She was in real bad shape. Scratches all over her face and body. Her horn was full of pen marks. She was very dirty and had super frizzy tail.

But after I cleaned her up, washed her hair, conditioned it, de-frizzed it, removed the pen marks with acetone and made her horn look like brand new again. She was just beautiful again! I still look at her and remind myself that no matter how bad a Pony looks, you can make a huge difference with enough love!

She's really nice and I would like other versions of her as well!

Before:

After:

Boy she sure cleaned up nice!

Offline Pierlala

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2016, 02:30:33 PM »
My wish list: Click here!.

CottonTALE

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2016, 03:05:03 PM »
For me, it would have to be the G4 target-exclusive GW Sweet Song. I originally passed on her because 1) I didn't think we could get Target-Exclusives in Canada and 2) I considered her to be a "Gimmic" pony (A pony that was sold solely on a gimmic, and not having the regular brushable body.)

After seeing her in-store while I was out grocery-shopping at my local Loblaws (I now realize that they stock target-exclusive ponies every now and then) I instantly wanted to get her, not only to add to my collection completion goal for G4 ponies, but because she was absolutely darling <3

(image courtesy of MLPmerch.com)

Offline Blue Haired Ken Doll

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
  • Always eat your vegetables young grasshopper ♡
    • View Profile
    • My Blog ♡
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2016, 03:54:49 PM »
Mine would probably be Princess Sparkle, who I just bought recently (thanks Jilly), Baby Pineapple and SHS Frilly Flower
Princess Sparkle was always my least favourite princess pony, and I only really got her because I want the whole set, and I had all her accessories already. But when I opened her up I fell in love haha
Baby Pineapple was just found at a thrift store and at first I was like "cool a G1" but after a few moths she just became a fave
Frilly Flower came in a lot of ponies, and she was the one I was least excited for, but she ended up being in my top 5 :happy:
(ᵄ̴̶̷́ॢ ˙̮ ᵄ̴̶̷̀∗ॢ) ♡ Formerly known as Diamond Pony

Offline wyndeboo

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2016, 06:24:00 PM »
mine is honestly Mmic. I never liked her colors and design plus her price was crazy. My Fiance bought her for me as a surprise for my birthday and once I saw her i fell in love

BryteStar

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2016, 07:48:38 PM »
Wind Drifter ... I suspected the "stars" of the lot I got would be Starcatcher and Lily Lightly...and they are absolutely beautiful and I love them!!! But Wind Drifter's bright pink body, beautiful neon rainbow mane and tail, and 3D butterfly symbol plus her cute pose ... I fell for her hard! :inlove: Like someone else said ... I knew I would like her, but I didn't know I would LOVE her!

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2016, 09:15:10 PM »
Speedy. Now that I have her, she's one of my favorite unicorns. Also, Salty & Steamer are unexpected favorites. I never cared for the Big Brothers at first. Now I love the set and those are two of my favorites.

Offline scarletjul

• Trade Count: (+260)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2016, 10:28:54 PM »
Princess Tiffany.  :)

I always liked the princess ponies but I wasn't drawn to her because of her monochromatic look.  But then I stumbled across her.  And got all of her accessories.  She's such a pretty pony in person!  :)
Sales on HOLD!
Pony sales!

Offline katrine2309

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Every day is someone's birthday - celebrate it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2016, 03:10:07 AM »
Italian Windy.

Before:

After:

Wow! That is one amazing clean-up! She looks stunning - and I can understand why you like her :) I think working that hard on a clean-up and see the transformation, and just know that your TLC made her shining again - that is a great feeling!
Visit my Flickr for doll & pony pictures!

My wantlist - pony wear, backcards & puffy/flat stickers

Looking for Puffy Stickers: Ripple (seapony), Gypsy and Gusty on original backing

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2016, 10:31:13 AM »
I don't have a picture at the moment, but BBE Baby Lofty! I always thought that I could never like a BBE pony, I hated their eyes, and I hated their awkward poses even more. But she was hiding in the Lullabye Nursery I found at the fleamarket, and she was in mint condition, too! I thought she was really pretty, she's one of my favourites now. ^.^

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2016, 01:09:27 PM »
Princess Tiffany.  :)

I always liked the princess ponies but I wasn't drawn to her because of her monochromatic look.  But then I stumbled across her.  And got all of her accessories.  She's such a pretty pony in person!  :)

Princess Tiffany is absolutely stunning and elegant, white pegasus are classics too. ;) Plus that deep blue jewel and sparkling tinsel.

Post Merge: July 16, 2016, 01:10:44 PM

Speedy. Now that I have her, she's one of my favorite unicorns. Also, Salty & Steamer are unexpected favorites. I never cared for the Big Brothers at first. Now I love the set and those are two of my favorites.

Speedy looks so cute! (She's the last TE unicorn I need) and I've owned Salty before and recently got Steamer. They're such handsome boys.

Offline buttonso

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2016, 02:58:24 PM »
...probably can't just say "the entirety of G3", huh?  :lol:

In terms of G1, I gotta go with Snuzzle. I never really liked the gray color, but now that I have one in my hands (been cleaning her up today), I find her rather charming.  ^.^

Offline Shy Violet

• Trade Count: (+18)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2016, 08:49:20 PM »
This is such a fun topic. I love seeing pictures of everyone's unexpected gems.

@Shy Violet Eeep! Your Baby CJ is so adorable! And that set is one of my fav sets as well! Actually, I love all earlier baby ponies, they are so smashing cute :P

Thank you! That is such a cute pic of yours too. She just looks adorable looking up at the camera like that.

Baby CJ is just precious! Piña Colada! :dribble:

Thanks!!  :inlove:

Italian Windy.

After:
Spoiler

Oh wow! She cleaned up beautifully! So stunning.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal