collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Your opinion on Fakies?  (Read 5549 times)

Offline lemontwist

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Your opinion on Fakies?
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2012, 07:02:46 PM »
I'm not a fan of them but they're okay. I end up with them now and then from bags of ponies in thrift stores. I'm currently "fostering" a blue pegacorn fakie, I always try to find them homes before I re-donate them back to the stores lol.
Sales - Pony and Doll Wishlist!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Shrojjy

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2012, 07:09:31 PM »
I might take in the blue pegacorn Lemontwist. Ill pm you about it. :)

Offline Saber-Toothed Crow

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2012, 07:10:31 PM »
Some of them can be cute. I have a couple cabbage patch fakies, but that's it. For me it's a space issue, I don't have the room to house fakies, my other collections take up too much room.

Thanks Jennifer2004 for my sig and Shaiyeh for my avi! ~formerly Crowpriest~

Offline cloud_weaver

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2012, 07:12:22 PM »
Never had any, don't want any. X3
I can understand why some people love them if they were part of their childhood toys though.

Tis my general feelings as well.  :)  I totally get the love for them, but I don't rescue any, nor do I keep them. 

Thank you LunaCat for my Kirin Cloud Weaver!
Cloudie’s Wish List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396949
Cloudie’s TRADE List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396962

Offline Calico_Star

• Trade Count: (+63)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2012, 07:44:57 PM »
Most fakies I don't like at all. Mostly what it comes down to is that they're poorly-made and they're just not cute.
There are a few exceptions though. I collect Remco's when I find them, because I had a couple in my childhood herd. So they're more childhood ponies than fakies to me. I also collect Cabbage Patch Magic Meadow ponies, because they ARE cute, and they were also childhood ponies. (When I first started collecting, my special flower-scented MLP that I remembered from childhood that I was desperately trying to track down ended up being a Magic Meadow pony.) The third type of fakies I collect are Lanards. Because they're cute. I love how they each have one hoof that's painted a different color than the others :)

Other than that, though....most fakies I either give away here or pass along back to the thrift store.

:heart: My Deviantart :heart: Commissions: Closed

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2012, 08:12:27 PM »
I still kinda like fakies. I love Remco fakies. I also love G1 or G3 type fakies. I have some crumpet pose and a few remcos that I have kept. I don't see them often. I mainly save fakies for my daughter to play with. Though I kinda "sense" that she may know the difference already.

Offline sweetstuff

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Did someone say ponies?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2012, 09:00:16 PM »
I personally like the g1 fakies, esp the babies. I never had them as a kid, but I find them cute. I would
Love to replace my missing remcos some day...

Offline stopxmotion

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Support independent film!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2012, 09:18:33 PM »
I personally think they are all ugly, with a few very rare exceptions. I never had any as a kid either.. My family would have never bought me any fake ponies. That would have been weird.

I'm not a collector now - I only have a short list of special MLPs that I'd like to have, so no room for fakies :)
Two more little devils jumped over the wall.
Saying turn her out father, she'll murder us all.
To my fal-de-ral little law-day.

Offline saply

• Stupid Newbie
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+138)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • my star barrettes are FABULOUS
    • View Profile
    • ~*~tumblr~**~
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2012, 09:35:43 PM »
I love them! I have a mini collection of Filly Princesses and Tokidoki Unicornos, and when I was at the grocery store I found this AWESOME Fisher Price "fakie" flashlight for my daughter.

When you squeeze the tail it lights up and either neighs or makes sparkle sounds.

Tally Mark

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2012, 09:37:25 PM »
Depends if they're cute! Don't know if I'd collect any, but if I end up with a cute one I'll probably hang onto it. I just rescued a Sweetsville peppermint zebra from my mom's basement...it has this big head but is weirdly charming. :)

I think its best when they have their own style and aren't trying to be a MLP. Otherwise they just come off distorted and have a "knockoff" feel to them.

Offline HavACrumpet452

• Fakies R People 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2012, 10:26:48 PM »
This was my fakie herd as of last year. How do you think I feel? visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I'll admit to not liking the walmart tootsie pose fakies with hippo heads though.

Offline foalpatrol

• Hello, Clarice
  • Trade Count: (+42)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2012, 10:42:53 PM »
Generally I don't like fakies, I find them weird looking, their heads are often funny shapes, however if I spot one at an op shop that I do like, then I will buy it (which has happened only once, hehe).  I would also love a Princess Rinse'n'Spit - I think they are hilarious.

PrincessKnight

« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2012, 01:34:12 AM »
I love them! I have a mini collection of Filly Princesses and Tokidoki Unicornos, and when I was at the grocery store I found this AWESOME Fisher Price "fakie" flashlight for my daughter.

When you squeeze the tail it lights up and either neighs or makes sparkle sounds.

The Tokidoki unicornos are cute! Hard to find in NZ though. I bought 3 when I was staying in another city and got the ones I liked least :( - all I wanted was a girly pink one.

Offline Lady.Arachnia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I, Myself, am Strange and Unusual...
    • View Profile
    • Boutique Gothique, Very Unique Gothic & Fantasy Wear & Jewelry
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2012, 04:15:03 AM »
My very first childhood pony was a fakie!
I find some fakies terrible cute and some terrible ugly...
I have a box full of them but i do not display them, only real mlp and some very cute fakies.

Thank you Artists for Itsy Bitsy Spider Pony! xxx

PandoraFox

« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2012, 04:35:58 AM »
I mostly prefer the hasbro molds, but I find quite a few fakies cute in their own right. If I ever acquired more I'd probably have a hard time trowing them out. I do currently already have a slight fakie army, mostly because they were part of my own childhood herd, and of the childhood herd someone recently donated to me. None of those are going anywhere.
I do remember not likng my own fakies quite as much as my real my little ponies,  but that was mostly because most of them had cheap hair, that turned into an impossible to salvageable rats nest within a week. And brushing hair and braiding it was one of my favorite things to do with my ponies. I'm actually hoping to take the fakies suffering from that the most, and giving them some nice new high quality manes at some point.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal