collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Need advice for a friend, USPS insurance claim  (Read 775 times)

Offline Vertefae

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
Need advice for a friend, USPS insurance claim
« on: February 14, 2015, 04:06:14 AM »
Hey gals, I'm looking for some advice and I know most of us deal with usps insurance pretty often.

I had who friend sold a vintage doll. Apparently the buyer is claiming it was damaged during delivery. She did send pictures, showing some damage. The seller refunded the buyer her money ($650) and opened an insurance claim with the post office in order to be reimbursed. Since the damage looks repairable, she's asked the buyer to return the doll.  So far the buyer is refusing stating that it is fraud to return the item since the post office now owns the dolls due to an open insurance claim.  The seller has asked her post master what to do. He even stated the doll should be returned to the seller. That they will probably settled the claim over the photos and even if they don't, without possession to turn over the doll to the post office the claim will be denied.

It seems to me and the seller that the buyer wants her money and the doll as well. It's like she's holding the doll hostage. She's been very hostile, sending nasty messages accusing my friend of scamming and breaking the law by asking for the doll back. It was bought through a Facebook doll page, not ebay. The refund cleared through paypal and is not pending.  Any advice?

Offline Thunderwing

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+171)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/springwater_valley/home.html
Re: Need advice for a friend, USPS insurance claim
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2015, 05:03:25 PM »
She never should have refunded before getting the doll back!  Ouch.  Afraid I don't have any concrete advice, but shouldn't she have to give the doll to USPS in order for the insurance to be processed?

Offline Vertefae

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2015, 01:43:41 AM »
At this point. Her post master says no. Without having possession of the doll, she's out of luck too when they ask for it.

Offline Eternia

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • MOC Mimic
  • The girliest
    • View Profile
    • Oat Couture
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2015, 08:49:13 AM »
Yeah that was stupid to just refund the money like that...if the doll was shipped with insurance,  then the buyer should have held onto her and filed the claim. If she didn't want too keep the doll, she should have returned to the seller and the  got a refund. Seller then goes to po and files a claim.

Post Merge: February 16, 2015, 08:50:23 AM

Also, no the po does not own an item that insurance is claimed on. In my experience,  they want proof of damage,  then send a check.
My Wantlist! Connect with me! Facebook Tumblr Flickr Instagram=oatcouturepony & charmingplastics
No girly swap this year!

Offline Vertefae

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2015, 02:05:55 PM »
Thank you!

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2015, 06:22:07 PM »
Oh, this makes me sad.  I hope your friend gets the doll back!

Offline Vertefae

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2015, 04:09:54 AM »
She did finally convince them to send the doll. The postage claim is still pending. She's trying to have the damage repaired. Guess we will see what happens

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2015, 05:20:52 AM »
I'm glad that she is getting the doll back :hug:  :bigups: - what an awful situation though! :(   l hope she can get some money back from the postage claim as well
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline kellyponyfeathers

• Trade Count: (+179)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • MLP: Gotta catch 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2015, 11:34:08 PM »
I've been fighting with the USPS over an insurance claim for about 5 months now.  Local postmasters have very little to no power over insurance claims; it's all handled on a national level, and they can be VERY difficult to contact.  I can maybe hook your friend up with this if she needs to talk to them.

Also, if you file a claim for the full insured item value, then the item must be surrendered to the USPS through the local post office, and it will be DESTROYED.  Then, maybe, if you're lucky, they'll send you your claim check.  Anyway, the point is, don't claim the full value if you don't want to surrender the item to be thrown away.  Just file a partial claim.

Hopefully your friend will get the doll back.  Tell her to open a claim at usps.com because that's the starting point.
Nirvana grails:  Reverse Gusty (upgrade), Peru Windy and Moonstone (upgrade), Brazil TAF upgrades, Argie Powder w/ white hair (upgrade), French Windy and Moondancer (upgrades), Spain TAF's, TE's, and piggies.  These are my biggest wants, but I'm looking for tons more nirvanas, especially Greeks, Brazilians, and Peruvians.  Feel free to PM me for sales or trades.  But please note that I'm also fairly picky.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal