collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The UK PONYCON 2014 - let's get excited thread  (Read 2104 times)

Offline Nappercasper

• Oh Happy Tails
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+106)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: The UK PONYCON 2014 - let's get excited thread
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2014, 03:07:22 PM »
I only went to Birmingham. Amazing! Such a lovely experience. I  went to the members day and that was really nice. Got to know people in person... Rather than the person on the other click of a button. I had a stall sold lots of ponies. Haggled with someone on my poor sunburst boy... Bless he had seen better days. I loved the auction, the pony lovers dressed up. The ponies meeting ponies... Rhe race at the end of members day! I loved it. Hoping its alittle closet this year... Although London was very close my money situation wasn't right at the time unfortunately. So we will see. I'm positive it will be nearer... :)

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2014, 04:07:59 PM »
I've only been to Cardiff, theonly one I have ever been able to attend. It was also a last-minute thing due to finances. Being extremely pregnant didn't help matters! (I gave birth the following weekend).

I would LOVE the next Con to be south-west again, I have moved even further south west now though so it's looking doubtful that one will be within travelling distance for me. I just can't afford hotels.

I was extremely overwhelmed by it all...met a couple of people but wish I had the confidence to introduce myself to others I saw and recognised.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline MLPWhitney

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+149)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2014, 04:49:11 PM »
This American had a wonderful time in Cardiff last year! From what I heard, the dates were not as convenient as in previous years for everyone to go? It worked out well for me though, as it coincided with an American holiday so I was able to use less vacation time (I only get 10 vacation days! eek)
My :heart: belongs to wacky G1 merchandise!

Sprintex

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2014, 11:28:09 PM »
Hoping its alittle closet this year...

A little closet? We won't all fit inside! :lol:

Cardiff last year was our first Ponycon, so can't really call it a favourite. However, I don't think I would have got involved with what was primarily Clare's hobby if we hadn't had such a great time. I came away with my first four ponies (all MGR G1s, fell in love with them), and also dressed up for the first time in my life! Walking through Cardiff in a hard hat and pair of furry ears certainly gets some looks!!  :rofl:

Looking forward to this year with a bigger and better costume :cool:

Paul

Offline Aquarel

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Forever busy with stuff...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2014, 11:37:46 PM »
I will certainly join the boards and see if I can make it, it is very high on my list, and if my boyfriend could visit some of his university friends in the same weekend (can't expect him to stay in ponyland all the time, he'll go lala) that would be perfect. I sure have my fingers crossed!
Selling some ponies to pay for the vet bills of abandoned rabbits I adopted!
http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,385086.msg1626364.html#msg1626364:frog:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2014, 01:54:10 AM »
This American had a wonderful time in Cardiff last year! From what I heard, the dates were not as convenient as in previous years for everyone to go? It worked out well for me though, as it coincided with an American holiday so I was able to use less vacation time (I only get 10 vacation days! eek)

It was the first week back at school for English schools; I think that was the main problem with dates last year but if I remember rightly it was due to the hotel/venue [??] that they were forced to those dates. Its probably impossible to find a date that suits absolutely everyone, I guess no matter how hard they try. I think it worked out in the end though :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Lollipop

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • *Lollipop's for everypony*
    • View Profile
    • Wickstead's - Something Quintessentially Unique & Just That Little Bit Different
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2014, 03:53:50 AM »
Where was it held in Brighton last time?
Lollipop
Wickstead's Wickstead's BLOG
:heart: :heart: :lovey: :heart: :heart:

Want/Wish List SALES Thread TRADES Thread :biggrin:

Offline Sarah-Bee

• Alice Cooper's Minion Pony
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2014, 05:20:31 AM »
Where was it held in Brighton last time?

At the racecourse :)

I've been to most of them but missed 2 due to moving house and real life getting in the way of ponying (can't imagine that of me now! :P )

Morcambe ~ PERFECT! It wouldn't do for now I don't think but for what it was at the time it was just right in every way; near to everything you could need witht the bonus of it being by the sea :D

Manchester ~ I found it very difficult to locate the hotel but other than that was great. We only went for the day so can't comment on accomodation but the venue for the Con was spot on size-wise etc.

Uxbridge ~ A bit of a drive for us and not too easy to find but that might have been our satnav taking us around the back of the place. The venue was ok. There was enough space and there was food available on site but being at a university with not much around wasn't the best place in my opinion.

Sheffield ~ very local for me! Again I only went for the one day and it only took 25 minutes for us to get there so didn't really venture out. The venue was fine but, knowing the area a little bit I think there were quite a few better places it could have been that were also a bit more central for the town centre etc

Brighton ~ A very long drive, not very central in the country, difficult to find and not very central for things like getting food. The venue itself was great but the catering wasn't very good.

Birmingham ~ great venue! Easy to find, easy parking and the place was great! We got food on site so not sure about the surrounding area and again, just a day visit for us.

Nottingham ~ My first two-day Con :) The hotel was nice but it wasn't big enough to accomodate Ponycon both in terms of the main day hall and food service and there wasn't much of anything close by to choose as an alternative. The location was good in terms of it being straight off the motorway but perhaps a little more central to more food places etc. The fact that the Con was held in a hotel so we could stay in the same building was great!

Cardiff ~ fantastic! Loved everything about the venue. It was easy to find, had parking, great food on site and other things like the bar and spa if you wanted it, as well as being close enough for people who wanted a cheaper hotel and to eat elsewhere. A great touristy spot to for partners etc :) The only thing is that I preferred the Members Day and Main Day set up of previous years rather than two main days

I CANNOT WAIT FOR PONYCON!!!!!

Offline Lollipop

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Wickstead's - Something Quintessentially Unique & Just That Little Bit Different
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2014, 11:35:14 AM »
O ok very long way out from the centre then can think of a few places that would be gd in the centre of Brighton.
Been trying to think of places to go down this way :P Brighton is the best really. Tunbridge Wells is ok but nothing really there. Crawley.... Well its industrial really nothing again :P. I no some gd hotels down this way but there miles from anything. 
Maybe London would be good ^.^ Camden lock direction maybe :P

Cant wait either hehe. Just hope i can go :P

Lollipop sent from her Nokia Lumia 1020 using Tapatalk
Lollipop

Offline salemsparkler

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • TotallySparkler on Etsy
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2014, 12:12:28 AM »
I love all your stories and comments - I will definetly gather all the goods and bads from this thread for everyone else in the committee.

True, I remember the catering in Brighton being quite bad. Well not bad, but it was sold out very early. I think we had trouble finding the venue in London - not the venue, venue - but the entrance to the car park and then the building *gah* - we were soooo late. And when we got there I saw a lady in the car park carrying a boxed Paradise Estate to her car - I nearly fainted...

Yes, you can never find a date or venue that suits all - this is why we have done another survey this year. To see where the general trend is and go from there...

I really liked Birmingham too - the only awkward thing for me (as a seller) was that it was on the second floor and basically only one lift and everyone had to queue and wait for ages...

So, another pic- this time from Sheffield in 2009 - keep the stories coming!

Oh and yes, the ponies on the tables were all for sale...

xx
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 12:14:17 AM by salemsparkler »

Offline cazz25

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2014, 05:56:20 AM »
I have been to Nottingham and Cardiff PonyCon and loved them both, although Cardiff was definitely my favourite. There was plenty of space and the hotel was really nice. I stayed over night so I could go both days and I had the best breakfast ever the next morning  :P

I really hope I can make ponycon this year too  :)   

Offline Stars

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • 'You're special to me!' ~ Sweet Berry
    • View Profile
    • The Cave of the Past - My Blog
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2014, 08:13:22 AM »
I'm really hoping it is somewhere I can get to! So excited!

Thank you to Nence for my lovely Rosie Teapony and Shiverdam for my Rosie Seapony <3
3DS Friend Code: 1805 - 2156 - 2596 | Mii: Ellie | AC: Nellie - Town: Phenac | Pokemon Y: Eleanor

Offline Lollipop

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2014, 10:05:55 AM »
Oooo i want to dive into all those ponies :D. So want to go hehe. My brother is at brunel uni in uxbridge it is very confusing around there :P

Lollipop sent from her Nokia Lumia 1020 using Tapatalk
Lollipop

Offline salemsparkler

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • TotallySparkler on Etsy
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2014, 10:58:56 AM »
oh yes! Isnt it exciting? I remember at my first Ponycon I was all over the place and couldnt believe how many ponies there were!

next pic is from 2010 - Birmingham.

xx

Offline Lollipop

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2014, 11:03:51 AM »
MLP Curtain or Spider's Web?!!!!!! :lmao:
Lol that display kinda freaks me out but does give me an idea :P wonder how many got into a tangle   :lol:

Hmm if I can go my Birthday is in August think I better ask for money only so I can go home with a boot-full of ponies  :lol:
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 11:05:33 AM by Lollipop »
Lollipop

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal