collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Did I find original Frankie/Clawdeen/Lala/Ghoulia or re-releases?  (Read 764 times)

Offline Nana-Rena

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Did I find original Frankie/Clawdeen/Lala/Ghoulia or re-releases?
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2013, 05:40:38 AM »
Hmm... I have seen both lala and Frankie for pretty high prices, but granted i don't really look for either of them, since i have both. i remember seeing Frankie for over 100 €. I would think both Lala and Frankie would sell for the 50 at least.

Did you include international shipping option? That usually broadens the buyer base, although I understand that not all eBayers want to sell overseas. International mail can be risky, one of my Ghoulias arrived completely smushed, but thankfully it was just her box and the doll was fine.

Best of luck with your sales, keeping fingers and toes crossed!

Aaryana

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2013, 05:44:33 AM »
I didn't include international. I was kind of afraid to, but I've already had several people ask me to ship international. I don't know how to do that on eBay and protect myself. Help?

Offline Nana-Rena

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2013, 06:13:23 AM »
I haven't sold on eBay, but I would think that the same rules would apply there as with trading here. Only Paypal as the payment method and with shipping get an option that has tracking and optionally insurance. That way you can follow the package and if it gets lost, which isn't very probable, but can happen, you will eb protected due to the insurance. that is an expensive option though.

I think the Trader support subforum here is a great place to get help for all selling and trading related issues. Maybe you can get more experienced help there?

The main thing though is to accept only paypal as payment IMO. With shipping, international can be expensive, but international buyers, like me are used to it. Usually it can range from 20-40 USD. I don't know what kind of services those prices include in the US, but here, tracking is usually enough. I don't think I have insured anything I sent yet, but like I said, the Trader support forum is a great place to find all kinds of info.

Hopefully your sales go well!

Aaryana

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2013, 06:36:52 AM »
eBay requires Paypal for all transactions, so that's not the issue. It's the fact that I've never been able to get an item with tracking shipped internationally for under $30 USD. And, insurance adds a lot more onto that. But, I guess international buyers know that and are willing.

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2013, 09:11:06 AM »
eBay requires Paypal for all transactions, so that's not the issue. It's the fact that I've never been able to get an item with tracking shipped internationally for under $30 USD. And, insurance adds a lot more onto that. But, I guess international buyers know that and are willing.

If you make sure that they understand that the high shipping covers insurance and tracking, because it is quite a bit more, and they are willing to pay for it then I wouldn't worry.  I have sold many things overseas without insurance or tracking and so far have had no problems but if you are worried just mention it in your listing about international shipping.  If they do not like it, then they don't have to buy.  As long as you cover your listing and add tracking right in, it will show whether or not it was delivered so they can't claim they never got it if they are up to that no good too. 

They also have a new option that you should have gotten an email about called Global shipping or something like that.  You can opt into it and you ship your item to a shipping center and they take care of shipping it overseas including all of the customs fees, etc.  You only pay to ship it domestically and the buyer pays enough to cover both.  So, you get the fraction to cover your cost of shipping and the rest goes to the center to pay for the overseas part.  You are also covered for only domestic shipping since you are not responsible for the international portion so if it does not show up overseas, you are not responsible.  You are only held responsible if it doesn't make it to the shipping center.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline Nana-Rena

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2013, 09:12:02 AM »
Well, to protect yourself tracking is the best option. You can always ask at the post office about what options they have with tracking, sometimes they have more than just one. I learned this thanks to a nice Finnish user one here.

You also have the option of just listing the 30 USD price as price for international shipping and then the buyer can decide whether they want to bid or not. I am used to high shipping, since I am in Scandinavia, so I can't vouch for other international buyers, but often the shipping from the US can be that.

Edit: Nessa said it better than I could. The Global shipping option sounds pretty ok if you are unsure.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 09:13:43 AM by Nana-Rena »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal