collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Hot Topic finds: Not sure how to feel  (Read 7480 times)

Offline Pinkie21

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Hot Topic finds: Not sure how to feel
« Reply #120 on: November 14, 2012, 05:49:47 PM »
I'm looking forward to the hair accessories that are supposed to come out in spring, definitely girly!

ERMAHGERD!  Those are amazing!!!!

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #121 on: November 18, 2012, 02:13:58 PM »
I just visited Hot Topic recently and they now have MLP headphones!  I actually want a pair, they are the big comfortable looking ones.  I hate the ear bud headphones that are the thing now.  They usually hurt my ears.  I hope they have another sale though because I do not want to pay $30 for them.  They also had 2 new Luna shirts, a villains shirt and shirt similar to that with all the good ponies.  They also had the socks, and underwear people were talking about.  I like the socks and the underwear but I am not paying $20 for 3 pairs of underwear.  I will probably eventually get the socks.  They also had the new zip up RD sweatshirt with ears and mane which was cool and the hug RD back packs and pony suspenders.  So much new stuff.  Yay!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 18, 2012, 02:23:55 PM »
Oh. o_o! I was wondering about the price of the headphones. :') Are they the type that actually fit over the ear? or on it. *__* $30 is cheaper than I thought they'd be ~~

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

pineapple

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #123 on: November 18, 2012, 02:58:35 PM »

They're over the ear cans, I actually meant to include them in this week's column but I forgot. oops :x

Offline Brandi

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 18, 2012, 03:00:27 PM »
I love the sock pack. The underwear pack is overpriced, especially since I can fit into the little kids ones that I got at Walmart for much cheaper.

Moondust ,Cremello Quarter Horse = Equine love of my life

Offline NoPonySpecial

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Beyond the last visible dog, you will see infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 18, 2012, 05:14:46 PM »
Unfortunately, just because something gains a new use doesn't change its actual nature. I say this as someone who calls everyone bro and dude, regardless of how femme they are.

I agree that a word's origin will never change, but I absolutely believe a word's meaning can change. That's how language works. But then, I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "nature," though. Is it what the word means? The connotation?
  But words can mean anything people decide they mean, it just depends on how they use it. Here's a fun list I found: http://writinghood.com/style/grammar/eight-words-which-have-completely-changed-their-meaning-over-time/
I notice there's no citation on the examples on this site, but I bet it's been covered extensively by William Safire and others.
  Sorry that I posted this and it has nothing to do with ponies, just having a defensive English major moment.  :nerdy: 
  I like that Hot Topic has become a place that sells "brony" merch. That kind of stuff wouldn't sell well in the toy stores or department stores, but there's a lot of money in it.
I'll put something here some time

Offline Firehooves

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • G1 is magic, FiM is tragic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 18, 2012, 08:36:31 PM »
I WOULDd actually jst like to find some old gen  (1-3) merchandise in the endless sea of FiM  :huh:

The firehooves family; Tornado, Twilight, Ember and Drummer
my G1/MLP Tales/G3/G4 fanfics-
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3280710/FireHoof
My tumblr: http://tornadofirehoovesuniverse.tumblr.com/

Offline Pinkie21

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 19, 2012, 06:01:56 AM »
I WOULDd actually jst like to find some old gen  (1-3) merchandise in the endless sea of FiM  :huh:

This.  I remember when I used to be able to find some cute G1 merch.  I still have my "Party Time" shirt with Masquerade on it.  And didn't they use to have Applejack shoelaces, or am I just imagining that?  I swear at one point in time I saw some G1 AJ laces!  It'd be super if they could throw us a bone and have even a little bit of G1 merch.  But I suppose that wouldn't be "cool" :huh:

Offline dragonfly

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 19, 2012, 08:22:08 AM »
"Brony" just rolls off the tongue so much better than "Dedicated adult fan of My Little Ponies"

LOL

For awhile, right around the time when G3s came out, there were some good vintage G1 things to be found in stores! I remember a trash tin, wallet, sweatshirt (I had a cuuuute pink one, no idea what happened to it), and lunch boxes.

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 19, 2012, 08:27:56 AM »
"Brony" just rolls off the tongue so much better than "Dedicated adult fan of My Little Ponies"

LOL

For awhile, right around the time when G3s came out, there were some good vintage G1 things to be found in stores! I remember a trash tin, wallet, sweatshirt (I had a cuuuute pink one, no idea what happened to it), and lunch boxes.

With all the negativity that comes from the word "brony", I just call myself an MLP fan. That's it. Nice, simple and to the point and you're less likely to get negative reactions. :)
-Bow Tie

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

DerbyGirl

« Reply #130 on: November 19, 2012, 02:03:22 PM »
Yeah, I about died when I saw the price of the undies. That's just taking advantage of people.  >_<  I wanted them, but forget it. I'll spend that much on the backpack which I must have.

Offline skyrocketneko

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Sometimes I like to play with lizards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 19, 2012, 02:13:57 PM »
I bought the undies when the whole store was 20% off. At least they were somewhat reasonable that way.

Anyhoo, if you are a size 6-ish, get the Small instead of the medium.  I have baggy pony panties now because I should have gotten the small.  :(

CLICK ON CELESTIA FOR TONS OF SALES!

Offline Kaeldre

• Goa'uld System Lord
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • "The best advice I've found is don't look down."
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 19, 2012, 02:33:07 PM »
I caved and bought the undies last week when I found out still had my birthday discount on my HT card. >>

I figured that no one would see them but me so why should I care? xP

"When someone asks me if I give up, I say 'Not until I'm dead'.  And sometimes not even then." ~ Daniel Jackson
"Asking a Ferengi to play a Cardassian game is like asking a Klingon to chew with his mouth closed." ~ Elim Garak

Offline knitgirl

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 19, 2012, 03:14:28 PM »
And didn't they use to have Applejack shoelaces, or am I just imagining that?  I swear at one point in time I saw some G1 AJ laces!  It'd be super if they could throw us a bone and have even a little bit of G1 merch.  But I suppose that wouldn't be "cool" :huh:

I remember those! I had them back when I was in high school, I couldn't remember if they came from Hot Topic, Spencers, or Claires though.

lithiumkat

« Reply #134 on: December 01, 2012, 03:45:29 PM »
I have such mixed feelings about the whole thing because as others have stated, it was natural for me to love FiM being a lifelong pony fan from way back in the 80's when they came out, and I love that the Brony phenomenon has brought about tons of pony Merch and sites like welovefine.com with man shirts and things. But it is bittersweet because my MAIN love is for the original G1 ponies and Pony Tales shows that were on when I was growing up and it's very difficult to find much merch for these Ponies which makes me super sad. i know that most of the Bronies are all about FiM and I love FiM I really do, I watch it and have merch from it and other things but I wish there was more past generational love when it comes to MLP. It's finally gotten tons of attention, and there is still not much going on for us fans of the original even though we have had a mostly lifelong dedication to the fandom. *sigh*

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal