collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: New? I guess so. Let's do this...!  (Read 335 times)

Offline Pristine

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Magic Motion Pony
  • Timeo Hominem Unius Libri
    • View Profile
    • CausticArdor on DA
New? I guess so. Let's do this...!
« on: July 09, 2012, 06:06:25 AM »
So, I got an account on the Arena a while back but have only now decided to post an introduction because... well, I met some cool people at the Fair and if I want to contact them, I should probably show my (internet) face a bit first.

I'm new to the Arena but not new to My Little Pony collecting. I had quite a few ponies as a child (with Mimic - or, as I called her, 'Parrot' - being my favorite) and when the internet became widely available via AOL after they were discontinued, I used the chance to start collecting at the tender age of 11-or-so. I was KimHMLP on AOL for a long time, buying ponies off eBay (in the days when you could get a box of 20 ponies for $16, probably my best purchase ever) and roleplaying them occasionally in chat and via IM. If anyone knows me from those days I would sure love to get back in contact with them... I was looking for MedleyPony (who introduced me to Furcadia) in particular, or someone I believe was called Tabby (whose favorite pony was Tabby, the Happy Tails pony) who also liked Pokemon and Furbies.

Many years later I did join the MLPTP (during its original incarnation). I believe I was "Parrot" there. I had plenty of animated Mimic pixels in my signature/avatar because I was just getting into pixeling at the time. I was active on the TP until my friend synique left; I just stalked a bit after that. Then, as I recall, they said they would take pre-registration for usernames on the new domain, so I tried to sign up for Mimic (or Parrot if it couldn't be had), and when the switch finally happened, I found I was not registered. That sort of rubbed me the wrong way and I pretty much left pony collecting via the internet at that point... I was interested in Furcadia more back then, anyhow.

I continued to pick up the occasional pony I saw at flea markets, garage sales, charity shops and the like, though they're scarce here in my branch of FL for some reason. I joined Pony Island about six years ago and met some awesome people there, and we made plans to go to the MLP Fair this past weekend, which was amazing. I spent far more than I should have, had a blast dressed as Rarity, and just enjoyed basking in the only time I think I've ever been around any other My Little Pony collectors in person (let alone such a huge number of them, LOL).

So, there's my past. My present is that I'm a 28 year-old pony collector living in Florida, with a boyfriend who tolerates my obsession (and even came with me to the Fair!) and three cats and two ferrets who would sooner chew on it than admire it. I've collected all generations of MLP at some point, though G1 will always have my heart and I long ago dropped my G2s off at a Goodwill (back when they weren't worth the money it cost to ship them anywhere). I have over 200 G1s, around 50 G3s, and my G4 collection is growing. I have no idea where I'm going to be keeping all of these boxes, since they don't fit in the bookcases I use to display my G1s; I'm afraid I may soon need a pony room. :I

Offline teresat

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pony Cow
    • View Profile
Re: New? I guess so. Let's do this...!
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2012, 01:28:16 PM »
Welcome!

Lucky, hope you enjoyed the Fair!
:biggrin: >_<^.^

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2012, 01:51:23 PM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 to the Arena :wave:

It's great you have decided to join us, and even cooler that you got to go to the fair!  I bet you bought lots of new ponies there, lol.  Have fun looking around the forums :frolic:

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2012, 02:10:07 PM »
:frolic: :glitter: Welcome to the Arena!!! :glitter: :frolic:

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2012, 05:31:07 PM »
Welcome to the Arena, glad you had so much fun at the Fair, they are great places to be among other pony peeps.
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2012, 05:46:56 PM »
Hi there, Pristine. Welcome to the Arena. :welcome:
 Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

Offline Tiella

• Trade Count: (+118)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Professional Multi-Tasker
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art Page
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2012, 06:55:53 PM »
Welcome, the fair was fun huh? I am in Florida too!

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2012, 10:11:40 AM »
Hello and Welcome to the Arena!

So glad to have you here!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal