collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Friendship is Magic Collection wave 2 (blind-bag sized character/story figs)  (Read 5924 times)

Offline Pinkie21

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Maud Pie blind bag-sized
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2015, 01:54:07 PM »
I wouldn't be so enraged if Hasbro paid attention to brushables as well.  Some of those mini-figs ARE cute (and I am ashamed to admit, I have a couple on display).  The fact that brushables are being tossed aside for these...things...is what's ticking me off.  There are all these amazing characters that have been released as mini-figures, but do they get brushables, too?  Noooooo...  I wouldn't expect every single mini-figure character to be also made as a mini-fig, but good lord, Hasbro, at least make a FEW into brushables!  I'd even be happy with new characters with really tacky gimmicks like those giant wings, water-filled ponies, etc.  I'd be SO happy with that.  It's just ticking me the heck off that mini-figs are being released one after the other after the other, and we're stuck with gimmicky main 6 brushables, and the new characters that we get as brushables are usually in expensive sets.  It's ridiculous.

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2015, 01:54:52 PM »
It's getting a little stale, guys. 

So are Hasbro's ideas.  ::shrugs::

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2015, 02:16:12 PM »
i'm excited about new hair! great for customs!

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2015, 03:37:30 PM »
Wow, this thread escalated quickly.

I like brushables too, but I also like the blind bags, I think they're cute. Sure I'd rather have brushables (well, more accurately I just wish they'd pay attention to the brushable line as well as the minifigs, etc, like they did back in G3), but I'd rather have these than nothing, you know?

Anyway... I am excited for that Maud. :heart: She's so pretty and cute.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2015, 03:57:41 PM »
Wow, this thread escalated quickly.

I like brushables too, but I also like the blind bags, I think they're cute. Sure I'd rather have brushables (well, more accurately I just wish they'd pay attention to the brushable line as well as the minifigs, etc, like they did back in G3), but I'd rather have these than nothing, you know?

Anyway... I am excited for that Maud. :heart: She's so pretty and cute.
yeah it usually does. everytime new blindbags come out. either way. i'm excited to see the new pony poses.

Offline JulianWilbury

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Drink 'n' Wet Pony
  • Friendly Neighborhood Batpone
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2015, 04:56:46 PM »

I think they are also popular with the target audience. Kids tend to like to act out their favorite scenes and all the accessories and playsets are good for that and because they are smaller they are more affordable than a huge plastic castle. If anything is to blame it's toy trends favoring tiny stuff again.

This. Most popular toys at the moment have several sets of blind bags (Moshi Monsters was almost exclusively made of tiny figures, as are Shopkins, etc, Pokemon was HUGE on this too, and Disney's Tsumtsums work on the same logic - for a canon that has a LOT of characters, small and cheap is the best way because most people will want all their favourites). Plus, it's likely easier to get people to spend more via lots of little purchases than one large one.

I think these new blind bags look great! I'm pretty much done with collecting them personally, but I love the playsets and really hope they'll continue to bring them out until you can have a whole miniature Equestria  :biggrin:

This. Blind bag/blind box and minifigs are huge in the toy world today, with the help of Funko making them big with the adult market. (Say what you want about Funko, but I see their toys all over people's offices on my college campus.) Barnes and Noble and Books A Million have their own shelves dedicated to blind bags, for crying out loud, and they're bookstores! Bookstores! Heck sometimes I go into Claire's because of all the adorable things they have there and Shopkins have infected that store too. (And before that they were selling Toki Doki Neon Star blind bags.) Back in my day they just sold jewelry for tweens and did ear piercing! *waves cane around*

And while it'd be nice to believe Hasbro would do something like break away from what's popular, who are we kidding. Toy companies don't work that way. If a gimmick goes big, you hold on to it like a life raft and ride it out till the bitter end. I mean, they're still doing Equestria Girls which we all know is a riff off of Monster High, why stop riding the blind bag wagon?

And honestly I like the blind bags BECAUSE it's the only thing they seem to put effort in with new molds and everything. I mean, I loved the original Water Cuties (the ones that just have water filled wings don't do it for me, they have to be full-on PONY SNOWGLOBES for me) but even those were just the normal molds hollowed out with transparent plastic. :\

(And blind bags are there mostly to appeal to bronies? Hahah no, let's stop using bronies as the bogeyman for Hasbro putting out toys we don't like, I've seen kids that like blind bags, and Muffin pony, and DJ-PON3. Heck, I've seen adults post to say, Funrise's Facebook asking where in the world can they find the Muffin pony plushes for their children since they've been AWOL since their initial release.
(Well okay you can complain about bronies when it comes to say, Hot Topic merch or whatever....)

Also, I never really feel like it's the nicest thing to complain about releases and saying what they like is the death of pony or whatever when there are already posts with people being excited about them. Okay you don't have the same taste in toys, but we're not even talking bronies, we're talking other Arena members, let them enjoy pony in their own way and let's not alienate them by saying what they like isn't real pony or whatever. That's just not cool.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 04:58:43 PM by JulianWilbury »
Julian@DeviantArt visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Julian@TumBLAH
Enclosed in this message is something called a chili dog!
eBay feedback: http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=julian_wilbury

Offline NoPonySpecial

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Beyond the last visible dog, you will see infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2015, 06:21:44 PM »
I am totally excited for these! I love little figures, but blind bags are obnoxious.
I'll put something here some time

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2015, 06:22:42 PM »

This figure.. I don't know but it actually bothers me... It might just be the pose but I've notice with many of these newer released the joint under the head is much more visible than the normal Blind Bags, and I hate to admit it but her tail doesn't look like a tail to me XD

I'll wait to see what the rest look like... I won't get the sets though.. too many small items that are easy to lose xD
Plus a few odds and ends that just bother me to bits with these (namely like with Flim/Flam... their main wasn't at all attached to the neck.. and just some of the poses currently do bother me ^^; )
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Al-1701

• Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2015, 08:56:37 PM »
We should worry, actually.  Mattel is out there, and they are poised to eat Hasbro's lunch.  Monster High has come out with these things called fright mares, and they're flying off the shelves here.  My friend described Hasbro's current approach to toys crawling while Mattel is running a marathon.

We're complaining because if Hasbro doesn't get off the dime, all the success G4 has had will be sucked away by stagnation while the toy world has left them behind.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline otocolobus_manul

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Hope shines eternal
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2015, 10:59:56 PM »
We should worry, actually.  Mattel is out there, and they are poised to eat Hasbro's lunch.  Monster High has come out with these things called fright mares, and they're flying off the shelves here.  My friend described Hasbro's current approach to toys crawling while Mattel is running a marathon.

We're complaining because if Hasbro doesn't get off the dime, all the success G4 has had will be sucked away by stagnation while the toy world has left them behind.
Just because you don't like it doesn't mean no one else will. People here have mentioned that kids seem very fond of the blindbags, and hasbro wouldn't be making so many if they weren't selling. Plus, mattel has always dwarfed hasbro. It's not like hasbro lacking in comparison is anything new.

Though I share your frustration, I wish we were getting more brushables too. Another Celestia and Daisy, really? We need something new.
looking for this Calico Critters/Sylvanian Families coat rack!
New sales/trade thread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378291.0.html
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,360893.msg1319821.html#msg1319821

Offline Goanna

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2015, 12:35:12 AM »
These are so cute! I like these far more than the standard blind bags. The varied poses and scenes look like a lot of fun! I'm not interested in collecting the mini figures, because I find the brushables prettier for display. However I'm sure I would have loved these as a kid! Some of my favourite toys were always tiny mini figures... plastic animals, Sylvanian familes, mini pokemon toys... so yeah I can definitely see the appeal for kids ^^

Offline Mori_LeStrange

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2015, 07:19:10 AM »
I love the new poses for Pinkie Pie. I love this line so far, everything is so cute. My Dad just bought me the Applejack apple-bucking set. I need to make room so I can display them.

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 19, 2015, 07:41:26 AM »
Please we have Explore Equestria coming as well. I'm sure they make new brushable characters. G3 also had Ponyville I don't see difference imo. Im still happy they produce new things ^^
Difference is G3 had MORE brushables compared to the molded figures, whilst G4 has a crapload of molded figures compared to the brushables (not counting brushables doubles)...

I guess i'll kinda get these...not sure yet, blind bags are severely overpriced :/
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline TornadoTwist

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Author of MLP Merch
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 19, 2015, 08:14:51 AM »

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #44 on: September 19, 2015, 08:17:02 AM »
Very cool new ponies, excited for whats to come, but my wallet is not. Kids love these things trust me, I one time was at a garage sale and they had lots of pony stuff but no ponies, so I asked and she brought out a bin of G4 brushables and like two huge fishing lure cases full of blind bags they had tonsss of characters, she said you can buy some brushables they dont like those as much and dont even play with those. She said as for the mini figures they will not part with those. So there is a prime example of how blind bags are loved by kids. Also about half the time I'm in the pony section at target or walmart I see a kid walk up grab a blind bag and walk back to their mom. Seriously I see it all the time.

For Sale Wants

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal