collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Friendship is Magic Collection wave 2 (blind-bag sized character/story figs)  (Read 6026 times)

Princess Lala

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Maud Pie blind bag-sized
« Reply #45 on: September 19, 2015, 08:53:02 AM »
@_____@ my husband is going to BONKERS over that wooting pinkie pie!!!!!

Offline zombienixon

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pink Pony Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 19, 2015, 10:09:17 AM »
Very cool new ponies, excited for whats to come, but my wallet is not. Kids love these things trust me, I one time was at a garage sale and they had lots of pony stuff but no ponies, so I asked and she brought out a bin of G4 brushables and like two huge fishing lure cases full of blind bags they had tonsss of characters, she said you can buy some brushables they dont like those as much and dont even play with those. She said as for the mini figures they will not part with those. So there is a prime example of how blind bags are loved by kids. Also about half the time I'm in the pony section at target or walmart I see a kid walk up grab a blind bag and walk back to their mom. Seriously I see it all the time.

Same here. Most times I see kids getting pony toys, it's small stuff, blind bags, squishy pops, fashems, etc.  It's easy to see why, since they're small and are only a couple of bucks.

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #48 on: September 19, 2015, 10:19:09 AM »
It is true that the target audience for the line seems to like the smaller figures better. I often wonder if this is due to either their size or the fact there is more of an assortment of characters and poses, or if it's because the ponies look more like the show characters?

Have we seen anything else from the Explore Equestria line, TornadoTwist?
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Al-1701

• Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Wind Whistler and Fizzy best ponies ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 19, 2015, 10:29:27 AM »
The brushables also not all that well designed.  The blind bags and mini figures are closer to the body type of the show (the only brushables that close are the more expensive fashion style ponies).  They have a variety of poses and characters.  Brushables would be more popular if Hasbro actually put some money into them.

It's great we're getting Maud in some form without the floral pattern (even if she has that weird pterodactyl ridge), but I wish Hasbro put as much effort in their bread and butter as they did with these things.
I spent five years learning Atmospheric Science on the university level.  I come out of it with the ultimate knowledge of the universe.  √10 * π ≈ 10.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 20, 2015, 02:47:16 PM »
With the new creative poses, I have found myself liking the ponyville size characters more. However, I like them in a different way than I like ponies. I will pick a few up as they are cute and creative on display but like a lot of fad items, I see them being something I will happily pass on or sell in a year or so.

The current trend for teeny tiny plastic characters that just about every toy line is plunging in to right now, means its not surprising Hasbro have headed in this direction. Its a shame, I feel its a little to the sacrifice of what many would consider the core pony line, but times change and toy lines adapt along with it.

For me ponies are plastic bodies and brushable hair - and there is absolutely nothing wrong with me having that opinion. I dont include ponyville (of any gen) or even petite ponies in my collection if I was adding up the number of ponies I have. I just think of them as something different. And likewise, there is nothing wrong with anyone who considers these little guys part (or all of) their pony collection.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion - this is a discussion forum - news threads or discussion threads as long as everyone respects everyone else and stays within the rules then say as you see and feel.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Shadoweon

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Power Puff Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 23, 2015, 07:12:59 AM »
I don't understand why people are complaining about these.  For fans of the current show and characters,these are great! They really look like who they are meant to be whereas with brushables it can be iffy.

I collect the blind bag figures and think these are nice (and storage friendly) collectibles as well. It's okay to still love the brushables but I can hardly see why its bad that there are non cookie-cutter molds now for these figures.

These are more affordable than many brushables I should note as well. Not everyone got into the show because of G1 so please keep that in mind. I got into MLP first with G3 minus a few hand-me-downs G1s/G2s that I barely remember.

I think these figures are sort of comparable to figures outside of MLP such as Pokemon Tomy MC Figures,which is neat.

Offline Prince_Sunbeam

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+52)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 23, 2015, 08:03:08 AM »
I dont understand what there even is to be upset about here. Hasbro is putting their efforts into all sorts of things that arent new brushable poses, theres no reason to attack their new successful line just because its not more brushable ponies.

Im absolutely stoaked on the FIM Collection, this is the line Ive always waited for. I also dont see how it has anything to do with the oh-so-hated bronies that Hasbro is making quality figures. Kids absolutely eat this stuff up! I would have died for show acurate minifigures of my favorite shows as a child- and I still feel that way. I cant wait to build a mini-Equestria! Plus theyre even cheaper than the blindbags.
I dont even bother to collect the G4 brushables because so few of them interest me, but my fiance has a near complete collection of them and I dont think they would display as well in varied poses.
Ive got a healthy G1 & G3 collection of brushable ponies, because they did have more varied characters and themes. Molded hairs are stil by far my favorite, Ive got a nearly complete collection of molded hair G1 petities too! And I wish ponyville were G3 as opposed to G3.5- Id be all over that!

Lets just appreciate the new, actually cool and quality stuff Hasbro is producing. If they do really well, that might just be what gives them the revenue to revampt their brushable line and create new molds!
Back after at least 4 years away!

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #53 on: September 23, 2015, 10:13:33 AM »
I don't understand why people are complaining about these.  For fans of the current show and characters,these are great! They really look like who they are meant to be whereas with brushables it can be iffy.
I dont understand what there even is to be upset about here. Hasbro is putting their efforts into all sorts of things that arent new brushable poses, theres no reason to attack their new successful line just because its not more brushable ponies.
It's all a matter of person preference. Some people just don't like such things and that is perfectly fine :) You have several different type of people here who like different things within my little pony, from brushables to just plain merch. From old time collectors to new upstarts who want to follow a trend. So just expect people are going to be upset and complain and move on ^^
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 23, 2015, 10:24:37 AM »
That's.. fast
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

http://www.mlpmerch.com/2015/09/fim-collection-balloon-pinkie-pie-found.html

I love this, and that's saying a lot because I hate pink.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Delphian

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Depends Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 23, 2015, 10:44:30 AM »
I love the mini sized ponies! They take up less space and these new scenery ones are so cute. The apple family are my favorite so my bank account already hates me. I probably won't get much from the following waves outside of a few favorites.

I'll always love brushables the most since they remind me more of the G1s I fell in love with, but the G4 brushable line is pretty stale right now. At least I can get excited by these cute little figures!

Offline TornadoTwist

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Author of MLP Merch
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 01, 2015, 08:07:50 AM »
Gummy has also been found:

Source: http://www.mlpmerch.com/2015/10/gummy-blind-bag-figure-spotted-on-taobao.html

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #57 on: October 01, 2015, 08:37:37 AM »
So much need.

For Sale Wants

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 01, 2015, 08:40:22 AM »
AAAHHH TINY GUMMY, YES! :frolic: I hope they make all of the pets like this, although, logically, Winona should've been made for the Apple family sets...
Instagram / Want List

Offline Prince_Sunbeam

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+52)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 01, 2015, 09:03:04 AM »
Oh man, I wonder when the next set will release! Thay Gummy looks great!
Back after at least 4 years away!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal