collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Question about the SDCC exclusive(s)? FiM Zecora At Comic Con  (Read 6457 times)

Offline missbonbon

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
I already knew that Ditzy Doo was going to be released as an exclusive, but I found on eBay today that someone is selling Zecora - glow in the dark SDCC exclusive. SO there are two? Has anyone heard anything about Zecora

[topic merge ~ so we can all talk about the same thing in the same place! ~ many thanks ~ hathorcat]
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 12:56:12 PM by hathorcat »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Please visit my photobucket to see my princess variant wish list. Photos borrowed from Shelti's site with permission. If they are your photos and don't want them on my link, please let me know, I will take them down right away!

Missbonbon's Princess Variant Wish List

Offline Eskara1862

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+172)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Fern Fiend
    • View Profile
    • The New Gray Mare
Re: Question about the SDCC exclusive(s)?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2012, 12:00:53 PM »
Dude... You're right. A little more digging turned this up: Toys'R'Us Announces Top 10 Comic Con Exclusives

It looks like she'll be a $10 sneak peek there, but come to regular stores later this year. I want a ComicCon boxed one!

Offline missbonbon

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2012, 12:14:52 PM »
So we'll get the same one in Toys R Us later in the year?

Please visit my photobucket to see my princess variant wish list. Photos borrowed from Shelti's site with permission. If they are your photos and don't want them on my link, please let me know, I will take them down right away!

Missbonbon's Princess Variant Wish List

Offline teresat

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pony Cow
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2012, 12:16:24 PM »
I'm glad she's going to be at TRU stores this fall. The Grey One will probably sell out before she makes it to the Hasbro Toy Shop.
:biggrin: >_<^.^

Offline StarlightGaze

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess Luna admirer
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2012, 12:17:46 PM »
Even if Ditzy Doo does make it to the Hasbro Toy Shop, I doubt there will be many. They'll sell out super fast because she is very popular among Bronies.

Offline Elisto

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2012, 12:19:18 PM »
It doesn't sound like she's an exclusive, certainly not a Hasbro exclusive, but a TRU "first look". To me, that sounds like she's a TRU store exclusive (which I guess we already knew), but that TRU decided to release her as a sort of sneak peak/preview at SDCC? I don't know how that works, but I'd expect her to be in her regular packaging then.

Phekzhen

• Trade Count: (0)
Get me at Comic Con, lest I soon be gone
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2012, 01:30:19 PM »

Yup, Zecora is available at Comic Con!

TRU did a press release about this, and it'll be for sale at their booth. She'll be $10, just like her normal price at TRU this fall.

She glows in the dark, she has painted/pad printed markings and jewelry, her mane is a mohawk (no combing!) and she has string wrapped around the base of her tail to give it the "zebra" look. The marks aren't on the inside of her legs, so she isn't perfect, but she's pretty awesome still!

She's a Collector's line exclusive, which means we'll only see her at TRU. But since the set's coming out August 15 and Whitelestia is coming out in Septmeber, we should expect Zecora to come out at a similar time, though she's not up for preorder yet. These were also the only Collector's line toys announced, so at least we know what they're all going to look like in their packaging.

ochibawolf

Re: Get me at Comic Con, lest I soon be gone
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2012, 01:36:55 PM »
Comic con, just take all my money XD

Another thing to get! I wonder if she'll have a SDCC exclusive box? And a different one when she's released at TRU...

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2012, 01:37:25 PM »
So she'll be for sale at TRU but you can also buy her early at ComicCon! Neat! I like that idea, Hasbro. Keep it up.

I do wish I didn't have to shell out $10 for a single pony of that size. Buuuut she's awesome so I'll button up and just do it. XD
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline BrightSide

• Fairy Floss
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • There is a world inside of me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2012, 01:41:28 PM »
-swoon-

She's so gorgeous.. CC goers are ever so lucky. I just hope there will be some kind arena members to help out suffering UK folk when she's released in your stores. XD
Fight like a girl..

Offline cloud_weaver

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2012, 01:42:46 PM »
Me me!!!  I want!!!

Thank you LunaCat for my Kirin Cloud Weaver!
Cloudie’s Wish List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396949
Cloudie’s TRADE List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396962

Offline fiwen30

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2012, 01:43:46 PM »
Too cool! Though it looks like her 'braclets' aren't printed around all of her leg?
Check out and Favourite my Esy shop! @ https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/TheBrightRedBee?ref=si_shop

Actively buying ALL My Beautiful Horses models, riders, tack, playsets, magazines etc.! PM me!

ochibawolf

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2012, 01:45:38 PM »
I wish they actually gave her jewelry.

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2012, 01:48:59 PM »
I still want her but I'll wait for the TRU release and order her online... with that said, it's hard for me to tell but on the leg with the bangles... it looks like it's not painted all the way around her leg... might just be the photo but I don't know XD
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Phekzhen

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2012, 01:59:48 PM »
Too cool! Though it looks like her 'braclets' aren't printed around all of her leg?
I still want her but I'll wait for the TRU release and order her online... with that said, it's hard for me to tell but on the leg with the bangles... it looks like it's not painted all the way around her leg... might just be the photo but I don't know XD

This has to do with how eyes and such are printed on the pony.

Stealing this from my blog, when I was talking about Luna's butt
I’m going to get a bit technical here, but how they place her, and all, cutie marks is because of the limits of what they’re doing for printing. Cutie marks and eyes are printed with pad printing.

The cutie mark is printed first onto a surface, and then a silicon “pad” presses down on the print, and then pressed down on, say, the pony’s head or flank. This is how logos are printed on golf balls, metal water bottles, and other three dimensional surfaces that you want to print on, but don’t want to use a label or a sticker.

Even though a pony flank or eye socket is three dimensional, it’s still mostly flat. In order to do a cutie mark for Luna that reaches the edges of her top and side flanks would require the pad to be warped quite a bit, especially for the fashion style size. To do so would require a lot of pressure to warp it that much, which could possibly damage her. It’s easier for Hasbro to just use the same pressure setting on everypony and just shrink Luna’s cutie mark instead, though it creates a less accurate design.

So they can't get the "pad" inbetween the legs. If her legs were separate pieces like in the shinebright ponies, this would work, but this is the best they can do with the technology.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal