collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 940
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Who likes Digimon?  (Read 7566 times)

Offline Dreamer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Who likes Digimon?
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2016, 09:40:15 AM »
Oooooh Digimon!! I love everything battle monsters-related, but I kept out of touch from Digimon since Frontier ^^U Did I miss too much?

When I'm back from holidays I plan to rewatch the first three seasons. Which ones of the new ones are good too?

My personal favourite must be Gargomon!

Offline cyberunicorn

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • show the wind how to fly
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2016, 01:18:30 PM »
I love digimon, in fact I think I prefer it to Pokemon to a degree. But shh don't tell anyone haha.

Offline Kitkumi

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • My life is my story.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2016, 01:43:02 PM »
Oooooh Digimon!! I love everything battle monsters-related, but I kept out of touch from Digimon since Frontier ^^U Did I miss too much?

When I'm back from holidays I plan to rewatch the first three seasons. Which ones of the new ones are good too?

I personally like Digimon Fusion  (I think that is has an interesting concept behind it) and also, Digimon Tri. Digimon Tri has had me screaming at the Tv at multiple times and has been super well done (in my opinion)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to Moonflower and Amenoo for my avi/sig

Offline Sparkle Pony

• F.O.E. Pony
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • I'm not scrawny, I'm svelte!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2016, 04:01:33 PM »

I would give Savers/Data Squad a pass, the only thing that amused me about it was the sheer number of things the protagonist would punch in the face.  Xros Wars/Fusion is fun but very different, but it gets better as it goes along too.  Tri has just been fun so far, it's lots of fun drama and cool new evolutions and fanservice for lack of a better description.

Gusty

« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2016, 03:42:55 AM »
I loved Digimon as a child.  :)

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2016, 07:51:39 AM »
Awwww, this many people still remember Digimon!?! You guys are so awesome!! :D

Back in 1999, when Digimon first came to the USA, I fell in love with it from the very first aired ep. I became a major fan. In fact, that very same day I designed my own fan website based on made-up Digimon characters (which wasn't a thing that was really done back in 1999). My site quickly gained popularity and started the "FDD" (Fictional Digi-Destined) craze of that time. I've always been proud to have started that fanbase with my website about my dragon Digimon, Cunomon, and his human partner, Lexxy. In fact I used to cosplay as Lexxy at anime conventions with a giant plush of Cunomon I carried around, and sometimes I would get recognized by people who knew my website. :D My small 15 minutes of fame, as they say. XD

The FDD fanbase at the time was so much fun. It inspired many young people to use their imagination to make their own characters, draw fanart, and write fanfics and share them by making websites about their own made-up adventures. This sounds like something that is pretty common now, but back then it was a new thing that you didn't see in a lot of other fandoms. We had a lot of fun reaching out and making friends with other fans online. My good friend Jenn Morton and her fan-made Digimon, Foximon, became really well known in the community as well. It was a lot like the pony community is today, bringing people together with art and stories!

Sadly my Cunomon and Lexxy website isn't up anymore. It was hosted on some websites that don't exist now, like Topcities.com and Geocities. But I still have all the files... I really should put the pages back up just as an archive site, for nostalgia's sake! lol.

Thanks for this thread. Brought back a lot of great memories for me! ^_^
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Firecracker

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2016, 08:51:58 AM »
I think I remember seeing some of your stuff up in the past, DragonFlitter!  Crazy.  This thread also made me pick up my old Dusk game.  I missed my digibabies!

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2016, 01:54:08 PM »
Digidestined for life over here! xD

I adore Digimon so much! I still have quite a few of the merchandise from back in the day (so happy I found my D3 digivice, but man I wish I had the original ones you know? xD), and am so happy Japan has been releasing new merchandise for the older series. Picked up a box of the DigiColle figures, and plan on getting more of them in the future.
Gatomon is my favorite Digimon, and on a random note, I felt like I was the only person that liked Mimi for the longest time. xD

When it comes to the shows (excluding Tri), I had thought it went like this, going by general fan opinions on the series.:

Tamers >= Adventure >= Savers > Adventure 02  = Xros Wars (as a whole) >= Frontier

Personally, I had seen all of seasons 1-3, 90% of season 4, a good chunk of season 5, and barely any of Seasons 6. I will say I can't bring myself to enjoy Seasons 2/Adventure 02 much anymore upon rewatching it, but felt Frontier (Season 4) was pretty good until it became the Takuya and Koji show during the second half.

Anyone remember how much Fox Kids advertised Digimon back in the day? They had some of my favorite kid show promos/commercials ever. I still have that "Beat the Heat with the Digi Beat" jingle stuck in my head sometimes. XD
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline Trinity

• Dazzle Surprise
  • Also known as Elfwink.
    • View Profile
    • Elfwink's Pixels
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2016, 10:10:11 PM »
Oh yes please! A complete set of Digimon Tamers on blu ray is my anime grail. :)
:rainbow: also known as Elfwink | pixel art!

Never play leapfrog with a unicorn!

Princess Lala

« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2016, 11:25:47 PM »
I'm not sure which one it is but the third is my absolute favorite!!!! When I think of Japan...I think of  the setting in the third series. I just love Rika's house and her digimon!!!! Also is it true Kari grew up to be Takato's teacher!? I think I rember her in there somewhere and never found out if it was canon or not. x3

I am going to have to look up Digimon Trip now if Kitkumi says its awesome!!!! :3 Never heard of it!!!

I REALLY can't pick a favorite #1 digimon for me! So many are TOO stinkin' cute. Probably Kyubimon? I FREAKIN LOVE IT OMG. I get goosebumps when I see it! Im mean, loooook at this beast!

So boss.
If I EVERRR find that action figure of it from Bandai, the big one, ever again I'm impulse buying it!
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 12:01:36 AM by Princess Lala »

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2016, 12:06:15 AM »
Kari didn't actually grow up to be the teacher in Tamers (Season 3).  Pretty sure Tamers was its own universe (IIRC, in that season, Digimon was originally a card game/ anime/ect like how it is IRL).
I think it was just a little nod/joke to how they had the same voice actress in the US dub, and how Kari mentioned wanting to be a teacher at the near end of Season 2. :)
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Princess Lala

« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2016, 12:32:05 AM »
Ahhh okay MilkyTaroMochi, thank you! x3 still the coincidence with the teacher and Kari  is really cool! Also thanks for telling me season 3 is called Digimon Tamers! Now I know what to search on eBay x3

I remember wanting to save up money and buy the digivices and the cards! Child-me wanted any of them aand had plans to paint it pink with nail polish! XD I was such a dork, I got goosebumps when they all digivolved in Tamers- even digimon I didn't like!

Offline pyrodarknessanny

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • banannas
    • View Profile
    • Pyrodarknessanny's ko-fi
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2016, 03:19:56 AM »
I love digimon! .
Wizardmon was always one of my favorites.

Offline Kitkumi

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • My life is my story.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2016, 06:00:35 AM »

Anyone remember how much Fox Kids advertised Digimon back in the day? They had some of my favorite kid show promos/commercials ever. I still have that "Beat the Heat with the Digi Beat" jingle stuck in my head sometimes. XD

I loved the Digimon Bloopers promos. The one that always cracked me up as a kid (and even now) was Myotismon's 'Behold my power!..... Ok, who turned off the power?' one.

Thanks to Moonflower and Amenoo for my avi/sig

Offline Sparkle Pony

• F.O.E. Pony
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • I'm not scrawny, I'm svelte!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2016, 06:08:43 AM »
Out of curiosity, did more people watch the Digimon dub or did they watch it with subtitles?  I watched the subtitled version, as I watched when I was a bit older.  I don't really have an issue with the dub though, it's pretty good, but I prefer watching the original usually. :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal