collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: RANDOM SWAP - *COMPLETED*  (Read 77585 times)

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: RANDOM "other collections" SWAP - START SHOPPING!
« Reply #645 on: January 31, 2013, 10:51:39 PM »
got alot of my packages yesterday... my poor postman he seems so happy when you talk to him but I bet he secretly is swearing everytime he sees my address.

We used to have a post lady that was very rude about us getting so many packages. The more rude she was, the more money I spent buying things online so she could bring them up to my door.  :D   Terrible, I know.

I already am watching a bunch of auctions on eBay. Whatever I comes first.....taxes or this payday, that's when I will start buying. I already have two things on hand for my partner.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline Talismarr

• Trade Count: (+59)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: January 31, 2013, 11:17:24 PM »
So today I heard a loud crash on my front porch and then the doorbell rang. I looked out and the USPS guy was driving away. I looked over and saw a box with "FRAGILE" in huge red letters.  :mad:  It was one of my partner's things, but thankfully it was really well-packed and took no damage from its ordeal. Ugh. Why is the postal service full of jerks, though?!

I know I have a few questions to ask, but am pretty tired from just finishing up a school project... but had to quickly jump in and comment on this post story! It can be pretty frustrating, that's for sure! I once got a package from UPS, the doorbell rang and by the time I answered it the person was gone. They had just left the box on my doorstep and ran off. Crazy thing is, they left it at our technically "front door", which we never use, and which is on the side of the house. If I hadn't been home I wouldn't have even known that parcel was sitting there. Who knows how long it could have sat outside! I'm always paranoid now...

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: January 31, 2013, 11:42:42 PM »
I'm sorry you guys have such grumpy postal deliverers. My USPS delivery man is very nice and sometimes stops to talk to me if I am out front.

The UPS delivery man on the other hand...he just leaves the package and runs. Sometimes I think maybe he is just scared of dogs and doesn't wanna stick around when my dogs are barking lol.

Offline Mori_LeStrange

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: February 01, 2013, 01:08:30 AM »
Got the first item for my swap partner today. I'm hoping to find more tomorrow!

Offline cyberunicorn

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • show the wind how to fly
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: February 01, 2013, 05:36:32 AM »
I'm sorry you guys have such grumpy postal deliverers. My USPS delivery man is very nice and sometimes stops to talk to me if I am out front.

The UPS delivery man on the other hand...he just leaves the package and runs. Sometimes I think maybe he is just scared of dogs and doesn't wanna stick around when my dogs are barking lol.

I did not mean it that he is moody or anything normally I have a really good chat with him if he has to knock on the door. But poor man had the same again today 6 packages have arrived at least the sun is out today for him and its not pooring with rain.

Offline lemonice

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: RANDOM \"other collections\" SWAP - START SHOPPING!
« Reply #650 on: February 01, 2013, 07:07:17 AM »
i have found some goooodies hihihi this is fun!!

Post Merge: February 01, 2013, 07:09:10 AM

You guys that collect everyting with some stuff.. like "i collect everything with horses or dogs".. is it EVERYTHING?? just it is a dog? (dog on it) ??
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 07:09:10 AM by lemonice »

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: February 01, 2013, 07:44:50 AM »
I have the opportunity to get something custom made for my partner tomorrow.

So...

If you could have a small glass figure of any animal what would it be and what color?  Or are small glass figures just not your thing? 

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: February 01, 2013, 07:56:34 AM »
I have the opportunity to get something custom made for my partner tomorrow.

So...

If you could have a small glass figure of any animal what would it be and what color?  Or are small glass figures just not your thing? 

That's neat, Marigold!!

I would say a zebra, to go with my zebra collection and prefer my zebras black and white :]

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #653 on: February 01, 2013, 08:57:24 AM »
Man, everyone seems to be ahead of me in shopping.  I want to go to some local stores to check on some things before I buy online but being sick has really been cramping my style lol.

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: February 01, 2013, 09:03:43 AM »
Man, everyone seems to be ahead of me in shopping.  I want to go to some local stores to check on some things before I buy online but being sick has really been cramping my style lol.

I've only bought one thing so far, so don't worry! You have two months to shop :].

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #655 on: February 01, 2013, 09:09:45 AM »
ok... um... so the item i got is not getting clean.
can i use it as a freebie aka extra gift? it's on my partner's list, but i feel bad, cuz it's a lot worse than i thought it would be.

would anyone have a problem with that?

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: February 01, 2013, 09:21:37 AM »
ok... um... so the item i got is not getting clean.
can i use it as a freebie aka extra gift? it's on my partner's list, but i feel bad, cuz it's a lot worse than i thought it would be.

would anyone have a problem with that?

I would look into different ways to clean the object. And if those don't work, I am sure your partner wouldn't mind it as an extra gift.

Sorry it didn't arrive the way you wanted :[

Offline Emberfly

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • I Want to Sticker the World!
    • View Profile
Re: RANDOM \"other collections\" SWAP - START SHOPPING!
« Reply #657 on: February 01, 2013, 09:33:54 AM »
I once got a package from UPS, the doorbell rang and by the time I answered it the person was gone. They had just left the box on my doorstep and ran off. Crazy thing is, they left it at our technically "front door", which we never use, and which is on the side of the house. If I hadn't been home I wouldn't have even known that parcel was sitting there. Who knows how long it could have sat outside! I'm always paranoid now...

I feel for you.  I once had them leave the dream castle outside my door.  Fortunately it was a nice day and I lived in a different place than the one I'm in now.

I live in an odd apartment building that has 8 doors (2 on each side, it set up with a courtyard in the middle) and underground parking so most people don't even use those doors.  Then they got smart and locked all the doors leaving one for a buzzer.  So often times the parcel is left out side at one of the locked doors or a parcel sticker is left.  If it's on the front door with the intercom it almost never gets seen (my apartment hallway is on the side of the building).  My mom has put "Do not safe drop" on all her parcels after one got lost.  Now we know to always check the doors when we're expecting something.  My fave is when the UPS guy leave the sticker on the door with the intercom when I'm home all day long.  >_<

And don't get me started on the pizza guy, even with explicit instructions I usually have to go outside to meet them.

Sometime I hate my apartment.

Post Merge: February 01, 2013, 09:38:25 AM

I would like a bunny!  Any colour.

A not getting clean item would be fine as an extra in my box, you tried and it was the thought that counts, and you obviously thought they'd like it.

On another note, I finally heard back from some private sellers so my box is shaping up pretty good.  Getting really excited but now I have to wait for parcels.  This is almost harder than waiting for parcels for myself. :biggrin:
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 10:43:46 AM by Emberfly »
Thank you to SquarePeg for my beautiful avi.

CottonTALE

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #658 on: February 01, 2013, 09:41:53 AM »
I feel for the whole postage issue :/

Luckily i've managed to time it down to a science when my packages come in. It's usually between the hours of 11:30am and 12:30pm. Sometimes I catch the postman just as he is walking up my driveway :P it's usually the same guy too... He's in my film classes at college, so he knows about my pony collection. He usually asks "So, who's coming in today?" sort of deal. As soon as I look at the address I can usually tell who it is.

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: February 01, 2013, 09:53:43 AM »
I'm okay with a not clean extra. :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal