collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Figma Snow Miku Fakie (Show me your anime bootlegs!) NEW PICS ADDED!  (Read 7505 times)

Sprinklecupcake

• Trade Count: (0)
EDIT: So im editing the original post and making this a 'share pictures of your anime fakie and cartoon character' kind of thread. You guys are the BEST for making me feel at home with my love for my newest fakie, Mika!!!!!

If you have any bootlegs/fakies of any anime characters that you just absolutly love and adore for its beauty or because they were simply too hilarious looking that you had to own it PLEASE SHOW ME THEM! :-)

So here is my first one!! This is my goregeous  'Figma Snow Miku' fakie. I got her by accident, thinking she was the real deal (which honestly was too good to be true) I purchased on ebay from a chinese seller.  Although when I got her I immedietly knew she was a knock off but I felt amore when I held her cheaply made but cute little plastic body in her hands! I think she is BEAUTIFUL for a fakie and I will display her around Xmas for the holidays! My husband calls her 'Mika' xD

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks for ALL your guys' help! :-)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 08:18:32 AM by Sprinklecupcake »

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
Re: Help! Figma Miku Fakie!?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2014, 07:23:41 AM »
For legit Figmas, you're best off using websites likes Mandarake.jp (for second-hand figures. Use the Japanese characters to search as it'll get more results), and AmiAmi (though their shipping is often expensive as they use boxes way larger than necessary). Buying from Ebay, especially Chinese and HK sellers, nearly always means a bootleg, and if the price is too good to be true, it often is. The Snow Miku line is limited and exclusive to WonderFestival and GSC's online store, so she'll likely be more expensive than regular Figmas, so just bear this in mind :) Myfigurecollection.net is also a good place to check out for bootleg warnings and for general info on the better places to buy figures, from both online stores and other users~

If you like her despite her being a bootleg (and I hold a special place in my heart for those horrific "it hurts to live" bootleg figures, you know, the ones that don't even look like the figure they're supposed to be!) then that's fine, you're allowed your own opinion, after all! I know people that intentionally buy bootlegs if they can't afford the real thing!
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2014, 08:06:03 AM »
Sorry to hear you got a fakie! She is terribly cute though :) IMO if you like her and enjoy having her, even though she's a bootleg, ignore what others say. She's *your* figure, not theirs. ;)

Offline melipuffles

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2014, 08:47:24 AM »
She is certainly cute even for a bootleg, but yeah, I'd warn against buying off eBay if you can help it.

As CupidStrikes said, for second hand figures, Mandarake is definitely the place to go, they have some really good deals!

I'd display her anyway though, because she is rather pretty!

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2014, 09:14:01 AM »
I remember seeing her a few years back at an anime expo :)

I love the vocoloid music but couldn't bear myself to spend soo much on a figure.  A friend ended up getting me a shirt instead (I ended up getting sick and missing the rest of the con)

She might not be real, but she is still adorable!

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2014, 09:31:34 AM »
Sorry she's not the real figure you thought she was, but you have her now, you may as well love her. I mean you didn't intentionally hunt down this knock off so I can't see why you should feel guilty or let others make you feel bad for it. If you like her, then that really is a good thing, after all you spent money on her and now she's yours like it or not. Love her. Take pics. Ignore the rudeness or, if you have trouble doing that, only post her pics places where it won't be an issue. You have every right to enjoy your stuff. I also see no reason why you can't still get a real one if you like. The 2 could be friends. :silly:

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Sprinklecupcake

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2014, 10:03:48 AM »
Thank you guys so much for the thoughtful and helpful posts!!!!! Im glad others see her cuteness too! Im also thrilled to bits to know theres a secondhand figma store!!! I will hold onto miss 'Mika' and display her on my self as I planned :) From now on I will be more aware and shop for figmas on the websites you guys have mentioned. Thank so much!! Im actually happy, now that I think about it, that she ended up in my mailbox. Now she can have a loving home! <3 Honestly Ive never really seen a problem with fakies, im glad to know other people do to with anime figures!!!

I hope my experience can help anyone in the future who has thought of buying figures from ebay!! Hopefully people who want lwgit figurea will not fall for the fakies on evilbay!

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2014, 10:28:45 AM »
Why on earth should you be ashamed? She's absolutely wonderful! Personally, I'd ignore spiteful people, and avoid them, she's your figure, you paid for her, and she's lovely. I know the pit feeling that 'she's wonderful....but she's fake.' But she is lovely, and could step in until you can afford the real thing at least? I personally like her :)

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2014, 03:41:58 PM »
I will say this is one of the better looking fakes I have seen.

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2014, 07:46:55 PM »
Even if she is a bootleg/fakie, I still think your Mika's pretty cute! I agree that she is one of the better looking Miku fakies I've seen. It is a bummer that she wasn't the legit figure you hoped she would be when you bought her, but at least you didn't pay a whole lot of money for her (like $65+). Good thing that you left feedback on that seller so the same thing doesn't happen to others.
As long as you like her, take pictures of her if you want to! Sorry to hear you got some mean comments on IG (people can be pretty rude there). Like others have said, just ignore/delete them. :)

Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Sprinklecupcake

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2014, 06:38:06 AM »
Thank you guys again!!! (Mika also says thanks!) Thank you for saying she is so cute and wow is she really a decent bootleg!? Hahaha I would love to see photos of the worse ones out there! xD Does anyone collect fakie anime figures? Id also like to see them! :)

Offline CupidStrikes

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2014, 06:41:59 AM »
Personal favourites:

(I damn near bought the second one recently. Too. Funny.)
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline fingerpaints

• Makin' a mess pony
  • Trade Count: (+72)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • manahmanah :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2014, 06:52:16 AM »
For a fakie she looks pretty neat to me. Im not an anime collector, to look at, I wouldn't have even known she was a bootleg. If you enjoy her, who cares what others think. I only have a tiny pony collection, but I can proudly say there are more "fakies" in it than original mlp. Why? Cause I like them and I don't care what others think :) its my stuff not theirs.

Offline Ackryllis

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2014, 07:26:14 AM »
I had the same problem with mlp fakies back in the days. Everyone else said eww while I thought they we're the cutest things ever. Shame I went with the others and just recently embraced my love for them.

Love the heck out of Mika! She's a real beauty.

Probably most of the hate she got came from weeaboos.

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2014, 02:08:41 PM »
I had the same problem with mlp fakies back in the days. Everyone else said eww while I thought they we're the cutest things ever. Shame I went with the others and just recently embraced my love for them.

Love the heck out of Mika! She's a real beauty.

Probably most of the hate she got came from weeaboos.
It seems the Anime figure and BJD communities are the ones that actually attack other people for getting bootlegs. Most collectors of American toys don't really mind people having fakies as you can see here and on the MH Arena.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal