collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Figma Snow Miku Fakie (Show me your anime bootlegs!) NEW PICS ADDED!  (Read 7519 times)

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
Re: Help! Figma Miku Fakie!?
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2014, 02:22:18 PM »
I had the same problem with mlp fakies back in the days. Everyone else said eww while I thought they we're the cutest things ever. Shame I went with the others and just recently embraced my love for them.

Love the heck out of Mika! She's a real beauty.

Probably most of the hate she got came from weeaboos.

Sorry to be a noob, but what's a "weeaboo"?
As a Fakie pony lover, I appreciate all kinds of fakes, including anime! There are even grail fakies out there (like Princess Rinse n' Spit) who even non-fakie lovers appreciate! There's nothing wrong with loving the "oddball" especially when they're as adorable as that one is! I'd display her anywhere you want :heart:

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2014, 02:24:55 PM »
A "weeaboo" is an Anime fan that takes it to the extreme. They think everything Japanese is the best thing ever and anything not Japanese is inferior and often wish they were Japanese themselves.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2014, 04:38:22 PM »
Ah...so...a jerk? :lol:

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2014, 04:55:10 PM »
Ah...so...a jerk? :lol:
Basically. xD Or  like "That one obnoxious person that doesn't shut up about how great/horrible something is".

Examples are:

" Ugh I dunno how anyone can watch dubbed anime! :mad:  [Japanese] Subs are the best! All anime are better in Japanese!"
" I hate living in the US! I wish I lived in Japan/was Japanese! I would so eat real ramen all day and wear my cosplay all the time!! "
or
" OMG! Sugoi! That chibi neko is so kawaii desu ne~! :P " / "That guy was such a bishounen! I want him as my senpai! You don't know what that [all] means? Ugh, you are such a baka!!!  :mad:"
(It pained me to type that last one out, lol!).
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2014, 05:11:42 PM »
" OMG! Sugoi! That chibi neko is so kawaii desu ne~! :P " / "That guy was such a bishounen! I want him as my senpai! You don't know what that [all] means? Ugh, you are such a baka!!!  :mad:"

lol... that's hilarious.

I just wanted to say, sometimes the fakes appear up at cons too. But seeing them in person, it's a bit easier to tell based on how they look. T__T; And it can be so frustrating finding a good deal, but not getting a fake.

:) Enjoy your Mika, she's a cutie. Figmas are really nice quality. I had a append Miku and I loved her to bits. I ended up selling her to get a Nendoroid version instead, since I have have a bunch of other Nendoroids...

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2014, 07:00:47 PM »
I am also in the camp that she is your figure, and don't you dare let anyone bully you out of loving it or any other toy you might like, fakie or not. There's no room for that kind of negativity from others in a hobby that's supposed to be fun. I mean... We are all adults playing with toys here, so what's the point in people having attitudes like that? It just makes no sense to me. :/

Dealing with jerks aside, I am sorry to hear about your bad experience in terms of being misled by a dishonest seller. There's no room for people like that either, but I'm happy to know that you are going to love that figure anyway and make some lemonade out of lemons. :)

Sprinklecupcake

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2014, 06:57:19 AM »
Personal favourites:

(I damn near bought the second one recently. Too. Funny.)

LMFAO!!! OMG!!! Is that supposed to be Saber and Eren!? xD

:lmao:

(BTW we LOVE Attack on Titan in this house!:p) WOW im so thankful Mika doesnt look like that Saber! HAHAHAHA! I LOVE looking at bootlegs now, ive honestly become a little addicted! I think the originals look the best of course, but some booties I feel like I want in my collection. Some bootlegs are really cute and some are hilarious to look at!!! OMG especially Pokemon fakies!!! This is so fun! :D

IF ANYONE HAS ANIME FAKIES ID LOVE LOVE TO SEE THEM! :-)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 07:05:20 AM by Sprinklecupcake »

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Figma Snow Miku Fakie (Show me your anime bootlegs!) NEW PICS ADDED!
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2014, 09:04:23 PM »
OMG, those are priceless! I'm a complete noob at anime (Ok...I know up until about 1998 when I was introduced. My fav is "Wings of Honneamise") but even I can see something ain't quite right about those! :lmao:

I've no pics of anime bootlegs, but I can show you my favourite fakie....Ok, well, one of my favourites. Her name is Princess Rinse n' Spit....at least, that's what everyone calls her. I think she's beautiful and I've recently FINALLY got my hands on one, AND I got her working again (her light up head lamp crystal, anyway) she's supposed to either make clip clop noises or play music, but she's silent so far...
Anyway, here's the picture that made me fall in love. I don't know whose it is, but if it is yours, THANK YOU!! She's awesome!

....and yes....those are teeth! :)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 09:06:18 PM by SeashellnBubbles »

Offline Aitsuki

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2014, 09:55:25 PM »
Aw, that Miku fakie is actually pretty cute! And much better than most bootlegs.... like my Hetalia One Coin knockoffs!

Under spoilers because MANY pictures!
Spoiler

This is just them from the front.... the quality is TERRIBLE, but I keep them because a friend got them for me for Christmas thinking they were the real thing and I didn't have the heart to correct her when I saw them..... Here's what they SHOULD look like.

The bootleg stands are much bigger on the base, lighter, and don't use the magnetic poles you see behind them. They use little hooked plastic poles that you stab into holes on their butts..... ALSO! Anyone has these for sale, either series? Let me know? I still REALLY want the real ones.
My 3DS Friend Code (Playing Pokemon Moon): 2938-6334-2129

Offline Ackryllis

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2014, 12:06:39 AM »
Aw, that Miku fakie is actually pretty cute! And much better than most bootlegs.... like my Hetalia One Coin knockoffs!

Under spoilers because MANY pictures!
Spoiler

This is just them from the front.... the quality is TERRIBLE, but I keep them because a friend got them for me for Christmas thinking they were the real thing and I didn't have the heart to correct her when I saw them..... Here's what they SHOULD look like.

The bootleg stands are much bigger on the base, lighter, and don't use the magnetic poles you see behind them. They use little hooked plastic poles that you stab into holes on their butts..... ALSO! Anyone has these for sale, either series? Let me know? I still REALLY want the real ones.

I remember reading from a magazine how to avoid bootlegs. They had the Italy-figurine as an excample.

Sprinklecupcake

« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2014, 10:41:18 AM »
Oh wow those figures are all lovely!!!!! I would have never guessed those were booties!!!!

So I have a question, I have a Keldeo (Pokedoll?) plush who I got on ebay for $7. I was reading that legit plushies from japan never sell that cheap unless they are bootlegs. However, mine seems real? He has a cloth tag from the pokemon center in japan with japanese characters and a pokeball. His quality feels great, just a bunch of loose strings, an unstuffed horn, and his mouth embriodery is slightly misaligned. Also part of stitching on the his blue chest piece came undone and he did come with a cloth leg tag but not a paper tag I would imagine be cliped to his head with a plastic tee thingy. Could he just be a minor factory reject and I got a good deal on a legit pokemon center keldeo? He might be a bootleg as his mane looks slightly different than the model placeholder image I see of him. I have some pictures below! ( isnt he just so precious!!! <3) Someday I am going to have Vick autograph him and put him next to my sexy japanese Edward figure!!! <3 <3 <3

« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 10:47:33 AM by Sprinklecupcake »

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2014, 11:49:01 AM »
If the seller was in Hong Kong it's probably a bootie. If they were in the US or Europe or Australia it is probably a second hand one and it's really hard to tell if it is legit in that case.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Sprinklecupcake

« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2014, 12:40:01 PM »
Thanks! I tried to look up info on who I bought Keldeo from but now its too late and I cant look back over a year xD Its probably a bootie since I got him so cheap but I love him regardless!  He is actually snuggled up to me right now <3 I might actually collect bootleg pokedolls since I spend so much $$ on the games, official guidebooks, and the cards LOL! I have a friend on IG who also collects bootie pokedolls and they are still so adorable!

thekozmicpig

« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2014, 02:05:39 PM »
I wouldn't exactly say cheap is a bootleg for sure. I have a Banpresto plush Cure Dream that came from Japan for $8 shipped.

At least your Keldo plush looks good for a bootleg (if it's a bootleg). It's light years ahead of those bootleg Pikachus I saw years ago where the red cheek marks were just red circles of fabric lazily glued on. Pretty sure some were missing a mark because of the lack of effort and terribad glue.

And these were at a legit local retail store in America! Not some shady Chinatown alleyway. They closed like a month later. Did Nintendo crush them? No one knows.

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2014, 02:14:17 PM »
If your Keldeo is a bootleg, it really is a good looking one - it looks legit to me. Especially the tag/label. It may very well be a legit plush.

At least the Pokemon Center (site) will be back in the states, so yay for being able to get the plushies/merchandise cheaper than from Japan directly. xD
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal