collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Hello from Chicago!  (Read 163 times)

KMOHara

• Trade Count: (0)
Hello from Chicago!
« on: March 26, 2014, 10:51:48 AM »
Hello everyone! My name is Kim. I live in Chicago. I joined the Arena because for years my daughter was a big pony fan. I've spent years buying up ponies and pony play sets for her birthday, Christmas, etc. I've scooped up hard to find ones off auction sites and waited for the new releases for her. She is a tween now and wanting to sell.

I've spent a lot of time in the past getting these ponies for her and hate to see them sold in a box at a garage sale. I'd like to see them go to a good home :). I joined to see if anyone is in need of any G3 ponies. We just inventoried her collection and have over 170. So if anyone on here is missing a pony for their collection or in need of any missing accessories please, please let me know. Everything is available and for sale! (Except her Pinkie Pie's....Pinkie was her first and favorite pony and her father has called her Pinkie Pie since she received it at about the age of 3...and he still calls her that!  :) )

Thank you!!

Kim
(Pinkie Pie's Mom)

« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 12:35:15 PM by KMOHara »

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
Re: Hello from Chicago!
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2014, 01:24:22 PM »
Welcome to the Arena :wave:

Your daughter's collection sounds awesome.  I'm glad you are going to keep her favourite and not sell everything!  I would recommend taking some pictures and then starting a thread in the For Sale forum. I'm sure you won't have any trouble finding buyers :D

KMOHara

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2014, 02:11:07 PM »
Thank you for your welcome message. I have been out of the loop for a while for determining price and rarity of the ponies. Any advice from members would be great! I've been searching around a bit on pricing and want to be very fair with it. I do currently have auctions listed on ebay that I will be posting in the auctions forum. Any feedback is welcome!!

Thanks again!

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2014, 02:48:18 PM »
Welcome to the arena :)

KMOHara

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2014, 02:49:56 PM »
Thank you!!  :biggrin:

Gemmyfer

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2014, 02:02:18 AM »
Welcome Kim, I've just joined this place myself and everyone is just lovely, so friendly and helpful :D

KMOHara

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2014, 07:22:32 AM »
Thank you and welcome to you as well! Yes, everyone seems very friendly and kind. I'm looking forward to meeting more people on here!

Thank you again!

Kim
 :)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2014, 01:06:55 PM »
Welcome to the Arena!

That is such a nice way to rehome your daughter's collection - to sell to collectors who you know will be interested in them :)

Good luck with your sales!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

KMOHara

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2014, 05:59:33 PM »
Thank you for the warm welcome and for your help!

Offline Khema

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2014, 01:51:14 PM »
That's a lot of ponies! Considering how many people on here have sellers remorse, you might want to box them up for a few years (maybe until she graduates from college) and see if she still wants to sell them.  She might kick herself later for selling them, especially if she gets married and has a daughter!

KMOHara

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2014, 01:58:07 PM »
You're probably right! As we've been going through them she's been saying...."Oh, I remember this one...it was my favorite!"  LOL  By the end of identifying all of them, she sure had a lot of "favorites"! However as she was saying that, I was thinking how I ran around to every store trying to find it for her!   :biggrin:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal