collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Am I gonna lose this case? non-pony related. *resolved*  (Read 852 times)

Offline naylastar

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
Am I gonna lose this case? non-pony related. *resolved*
« on: February 23, 2013, 05:14:47 AM »
Hey all.

I recently sold a pair of Demonia Boots on Ebay. I posted straight away but they got sent back to me by Royal Mail. This happened twice. The third time I sent them, I checked the address again and made sure it was correct with my buyer and she was fine with it. But she has now opened a case against me for a refund. It has been about twenty days since she paid but she said she understood and I can't be held responsible for the mistakes of the Royal Mail can I?

I sent it recorded so I know it was delivered this time and to the correct address. And I have electronic proof of signature. With time and date of delivery. I have provided all of this as part of the case. But she is saying she doesn't recognise the signature and it only has one day left till she can escalate it for a final decision.

Am I going to lose this case?

I really can't afford to considering I've already paid for the delivery out of my own pocket twice. They were heavy boots so it was expensive:( I sold them for £31 and I've pretty much paid about £20 in postage costs for them out of my own pocket.

And I'm also upset about the fact that she is probably going to leave me negative feedback. This has never happened to me before and I have a great feedback profile.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 11:06:59 AM by naylastar »

Offline Stormy31685

• Trade Count: (+397)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: Am I gonna lose this case? non-pony related.
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2013, 05:54:42 AM »
Sorry to hear about your situation!  *HUGS*

To be certain, I would call eBay directly and speak with someone that handles cases.  However, I would think that if you have proof of delivery and acceptance signature, then eBay will side with you.

It seems to me that if your buyer is telling the truth, she needs to take her case to her local law enforcement and also contact her local Postal branch.

Offline MacabreDarling

• Trade Count: (+119)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • http://macabredarling.deviantart.com/
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2013, 06:00:46 AM »
I highly doubt anyone was standing around on her stoop waiting to sign for her packages, so if you have proof that you confirmed the address with her, then that the boots were signed for, I really don't see how she could win. that being said, contact ebay and see what they think. It never hurts :D
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Thank you tinrobo!

Offline HawaiianRain

• Guardian of Imagination
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2013, 08:00:02 AM »
If it has a signature then I do believe ebay will side with you. I would give ebay a call and see what they do say about this though.

Offline ClosetAvalanche

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2013, 09:43:03 AM »
As long as it shows delivered to the address on paypal or ebay, you're fine.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2013, 06:25:57 AM »
Its ridiculous that Royal Mail should keep messing up like that! its not fair that you should have to keep paying for their mistakes either :( 
Do contact ebay via Phone and explain the situation to them - it helps to talk to someone personally in these difficult situations - but TBH I think that ebay should definitely side with you - you have proof of postage, the parcel is tracked, there is a signature - what other proof do they need?  Your buyer on the other hand... if she's genuine and there isnt anything dodgy going on with her (check her feedback, and the feedback she has left others lately) , then it sounds like she needs to contact her PO depot and her police station and report stolen mail as Stormy suggested.

Wishing you all the best with this :hug: please let us know how it goes

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline naylastar

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2013, 04:38:30 AM »
They took her side! Seriously!

Customer Support comments:
You provided tracking information that shows the item was delivered to the buyer's address. However, the buyer didn't receive it. As a courtesy, we'll be issuing the buyer with a refund in this case. You don't need to do anything else. This case won't be included when we evaluate seller performance. Note: It may take up to 24 hours to update your Seller Dashboard.
Final decision:
You were not found at fault.

So now I'm down £20 and I don't have my boots and I know fine well that this woman got them!

Offline kakenterprise

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2013, 04:46:37 AM »
That's some crap I had a similar case with paypal a while back.  It made me not want to work with them anymore but there really aren't to many options.

Add her to your block list, and I'd personally would give ebay a call and give them an ear full. 

Offline Maniah

• This customizer is a proud pony hair licker!
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+74)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Little Custom Pony
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2013, 05:29:05 AM »
So, if you were not at fault, and they issued a refund as a courtesy, does that mean they paid her out of their own pocket, or did they take the money back from you?

I would seriously call them up and chew them out if they did take my money. I would be super pissed.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2013, 05:42:32 AM »
I am a little confused. Did they take the money from your account?  I was under the impression that Ebay issues a courtesy refund if there is no way to really to prove who is correct. Because they feel its unfair to force the seller to refund but under buyer protection they will themselves refund it. And going by what you wrote their final decision was, they should not have taken money from your account.  :(
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2013, 06:38:17 AM »
I am a little confused. Did they take the money from your account?  I was under the impression that Ebay issues a courtesy refund if there is no way to really to prove who is correct. Because they feel its unfair to force the seller to refund but under buyer protection they will themselves refund it. And going by what you wrote their final decision was, they should not have taken money from your account.  :(

I don't think they took the money from her, but she did pay extra to re-ship the boots. That stinks :\

I have had cases where my mail hasn't shown up. It was confirmaed as delivered but someone stole my mail. I never even thought about opening a case againt my seller. My seller didn't do anything wrong! It's just so crummy for your buyer to have done this. I mean I know it stinks not getting the item you paid for, but sometimes these things just happen.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 06:41:08 AM by NoDivision »

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2013, 07:13:42 AM »
I'm curious to know if they actually take your money, or if it comes from paypal.  If they take your money then sellers don't really have any kind of protection. 

Offline HawaiianRain

• Guardian of Imagination
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2013, 07:42:53 AM »
What the heck is the point of signature confirmation then? I don't honestly understand HOW ebay could side with her?

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2013, 08:13:12 AM »
They took her side! Seriously!

Customer Support comments:
You provided tracking information that shows the item was delivered to the buyer's address. However, the buyer didn't receive it. As a courtesy, we'll be issuing the buyer with a refund in this case. You don't need to do anything else. This case won't be included when we evaluate seller performance. Note: It may take up to 24 hours to update your Seller Dashboard.
Final decision:
You were not found at fault.

So now I'm down £20 and I don't have my boots and I know fine well that this woman got them!

"The tracking said it arrived at the buyer's house. But she said it didn't, so she muuuust be telling the truth" and this is why tracking is the biggest waste of money >/ Post the buyer's ebay username, OP, I imagine most people here won't want to deal with this woman. I'm so sorry you had to go through that, and I agree you should ask Ebay what logic they're using -_- *hugs*
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline naylastar

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2013, 08:16:03 AM »
Ok crisis averted. I just checked my paypal and my money is back there. But I was in negative for a while there. They must have refunded her themselves. Thanks for pointing this out to me everybody. I just went and assumed it came out of my account. That's not so bad. Still rubbish about the postage though.

Just goes to show though that all a buyer has to do is claim they never got an item to get a refund. They didn't need any proof from her:(

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal