collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Am I gonna lose this case? non-pony related. *resolved*  (Read 856 times)

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Am I gonna lose this case? non-pony related.
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2013, 08:22:02 AM »
They will pay her out of their own account.  They won't charge you although they may have put a hold on the funds until the case was resolved.  I'm sorry you went through all that!
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

nsunshine

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2013, 08:24:00 AM »
Thats tough, its sad when people can use ebay rules like that to their advantage!!! Why even be a seller anymore with all the fee's and the risk of gettin negative feedback and no money from the sale at all or even the item!!! Glad it didn't come out of your account, and sorry you had to deal with this!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2013, 08:24:59 AM »
Wow- that is surprising!   I am glad that ebay ended up paying it themselves-  how stressful!

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2013, 08:26:40 AM »
It could be the truth though.  Maybe someone is stealing their mail. 

I am happy to hear paypal paid them and it didn't come out of your pocket.  I wonder if they do the same if the item is damaged or lost.  Because they really ought to protect the sellers that way. 

Also, opening a case might have been the only way for you both to win in this situation.  Say the item was really stolen so she lost out and wants her money back, and you sent it so you don't want to just refund her and lose out on the item and money, then by her opening a case you got to keep the payment and she got a refund from paypal.  Although it doesn't help you with the extra cost of re-shipping.  :(

Anyway, my point was that opening a case could be good for both sides assuming you both did everything right and it is neither person's fault and assuming paypal really does protect the seller and buyer. 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
Re: Am I gonna lose this case? non-pony related. *resolved*
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2013, 01:56:47 AM »
:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  I'm very glad to hear that ebay refunded her out of their own pocket rather than taking money from you :bigups:
 I had that happen to me once - where I was the buyer though. Ebay found neither buyer or seller at fault , so they paid out for the missing item instead ;)  its rare but it does happen every now and then :awake:  Your buyer needs to look into her own situation though - like I said before, if she isnt dodgy then someone is stealing her mail and she needs to do something about it.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal