collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: FiM Gameloft - General Discussion & User IDs - Thread II  (Read 203378 times)

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
Re: FiM Gameloft - General Discussion & User IDs - Thread II
« Reply #1005 on: December 31, 2015, 03:20:46 PM »
0ee47 - underground app id
I haven't spent real money on the game and I hope never to. I don't like to spend money on virtual DLC stuffs. I spent a lot of money on the Sims, but at least that I will have forever! this could end at any time...and I can wait. for now. ;)

This is how I feel too! I spent IRL money on an app game, ONCE, and about 6 months later the game shut down. Goodbye, cute little pony breeding game, and all of my special breeds I'd worked so painstakingly to get! >.< I would hope that MLP will be around longer than that app, but you never know when they'll say "Sorry, version 2.0 is out, you have to rebuy everything because this game is now defunct!" :P
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: December 31, 2015, 06:15:01 PM »
I think the promo for New Year's is all wonked up O.o it says "50% off all gems" but yet it leads to the bits  :| idk if that's just me or what  :lookround:
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #1007 on: January 01, 2016, 01:53:07 AM »
0ee47 - underground app id
I haven't spent real money on the game and I hope never to. I don't like to spend money on virtual DLC stuffs. I spent a lot of money on the Sims, but at least that I will have forever! this could end at any time...and I can wait. for now. ;)

This is how I feel too! I spent IRL money on an app game, ONCE, and about 6 months later the game shut down. Goodbye, cute little pony breeding game, and all of my special breeds I'd worked so painstakingly to get! >.< I would hope that MLP will be around longer than that app, but you never know when they'll say "Sorry, version 2.0 is out, you have to rebuy everything because this game is now defunct!" :P

I'm more worried I'd have to restart again and lose everything like I already have.   So far though patience seems to be working pretty well.  Hopefully that lasts because the gems on this game are ridiculously expensive even when they are half price.

Offline cloud_weaver

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: January 02, 2016, 06:57:47 AM »

I would say it's worth it though.  I've found the game a little easier to do things in this time.  I haven't spent any money on the game this time around, but I've managed to buy all the gem ponies and shops I've needed in ponyville right up to the task where you need to buy shining armor and cadence.  Last time I played I probably spent over $300 on gems to get me to not be stuck any more.  Plus this time around I've won I think 4 ponies that were required for tasks in Canterlot.

How have you managed to pick up the ponies that require an obscene amount of gems?  I'm playing this game for the 5th time (kept crashing on my kindle - thus the reason why I will never spend real money! Game loft won't replace items one you start anew :( ).  I am really struggling to earn gems.  Right now I am trying to save up for Rainbow Dash, but my tasks for Canterlot, Ponyville, and the Apple Farms require me to spend over 500 gems to move on to the next.  O.o  I'm super frustrated and have kind of given up on the tasks...  Is there an easier way to do it? 

Post Merge: January 02, 2016, 06:59:07 AM

Oh!  And the other day when I started I saw that there was a building that you could purchase that would reward you with gems rather than coins.  I went to go look at it and I can't seem to find it again.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you LunaCat for my Kirin Cloud Weaver!
Cloudie’s Wish List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396949
Cloudie’s TRADE List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396962

Offline xeevee

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: January 02, 2016, 07:27:31 AM »
Well, I think part of it is I am either really good at the group chalenge games, or I'm grouped with people who are terrible.  The only time I don't win the top prize for any challenge is when it's more luck based (like most parasprites defeated) or if it involves playing say the apple picking game 20 times in one day.  So I've probably won close to 100 gems.  I usually get about 5-10 gems a day with the free videos and getting rid of parasprites, and changlings.  And then there are other ways to get gems like the daily rewards for gems while infrequent are pretty high.  Levelling up.  Finishing as many of the non-gem tasks as you can.  I got 20 gems the other day when I won babe seed because she was the last pony I needed of the cutie mark crusaders for that prize.

So it's a mixture of patience and winning things I guess?
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 02:04:47 PM by xeevee »

Offline MoondancerMilkyWay

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • you've got to pony while the pony is pony!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: January 02, 2016, 09:34:27 AM »
I do tasks when I get around to them. I don't win much with the underground game, can't do the parasprite clear the skies game, but lots of patience. I'm stuck in sweet apple acres with the 1 task of buying the  120 gem cost apple stand. I'll buy other things before that and eventually get there. Right now I'm working on coins to get the donut shop for Joe.
~I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more ponies! I gotta have more ponies!~
"I'm not going to buy every Malibu Stacy with a hat"  - ponyqueen

Offline xeevee

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: January 02, 2016, 10:13:59 AM »
Yeah, I'm stuck on that Apple stand quest too.  I decided to finish the ponyville quest line first.  And I have finished all the nightmare moon stuff.  Now I'm saving for the astronomy tower in Canterlot.  Still have 15 gems to go, but it will unlock 4 quests having it, so that will help.

• View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: January 02, 2016, 12:16:40 PM »
is there a place to see the line of quests?
I'm so far ahead in the ponyville quests it's silly! I need to activate RD and Twilight's element of harmony statues, and I had it recently come up with "activate the element of laughter statue!" and something else about how "maybe this will help Rarity come back!" and I'm over here with a 5 star Rarity and 3/5 the statues lit up and 4/5 the statues uncovered...

if I win one more tree in that stupid balloon pop game...are they good for anything other than taking up space? geez.
~I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more ponies! I gotta have more ponies!~

Offline xeevee

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: January 02, 2016, 12:20:26 PM »
top left corner is a drop down menu of all active quests.  Is that what you mean?  Or do you mean, like a list of all the quests available ever?

Offline Violet CLM

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sunset Shimmer did nothing wrong
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: January 02, 2016, 12:30:02 PM »
is there a place to see the line of quests?
This page links to a series of individual pages for different quest chains, though I don't know if it's 100% up to date.
if I win one more tree in that stupid balloon pop game...are they good for anything other than taking up space? geez.
You can tap decorations for bits, but it's not a very high rate of return. In theory it could save your bacon if you spend everything on decor and don't have any shops I guess? Besides that, towns look prettier with trees than without.

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: January 02, 2016, 12:55:49 PM »
Oh man, I'm so jealous xeevee! I have to basically kill myself to place in most of the contests, even with the "improved" ranking system so that you play against fewer people! :P

Personally, I don't spend real money on gems, and it took me about two years to save up 300 gems to buy the town hall in Ponyville. Two years!! :faint:
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

• View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: January 02, 2016, 06:56:33 PM »
Woot!! Thank you! Now I can see what's coming up in quests! Lol!

Offline xeevee

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: January 03, 2016, 03:55:16 AM »
So I thought I'd post a little screen shot and info to sort of show you how I've been doing it.  I have a couple of hypothesis that aren't just 'I'm super good at video games' but they at this stage are just that.  So maybe this can either be a way of just going.. Oh xeevee is just churning through this game because she's good/lucky or you can work out my tricks and do it for yourself.

background
I started playing this game when it was released. Back then I played it on a Samsung Galaxy tablet and it was super buggy.  Like there were three updates where I couldn't even open the game.  I ended up throwing a lot of money into the game (over a long period of time) because things went so slowly that I felt it was the only way to get through the game.  When the group challenges started I never ranked anything at all.  I was terrible at the dance game (I literally had no idea how anyone was getting the quick tapping move to work) and only sort of average at the mine game (could make it about 3000 points if I paid 1000 bits). 

what's changed
About the time the social aspect of the game was taken away and they were doing the whole giving out sapphire shards or whoever they were to buy special ponies, my tablet died the death of a million deaths.  Can't even recognise it's plugged in to charge any more.  I also moved to Australia.   In Australia I bought myself a IPad mini 3.  So not the latest model, but it is new. 

Games are now much, much easier.

I am very good at the dance game.  On a good run I can almost get a straight shot of 100% perfects.  I never pay bits or gems to play this game.  If there is a challenge that involves this game I will always get in the top 5.   Often placed 1st, despite not using any boosts that require paying either bits or gems.  I put my improvement in this game entirely on my new iPad.  It is much more responsive than the Samsung was.  However, my always winning the top prizes may also be down to who is in my social challenge group.

I would say in the mine game I am average.  However, I know with persistence I will always win top prize.  Once again, I am much, much better now that I have the iPad.  On a good run, which I can do much more regularly if I pay 1000 bits, I can get 6000 points.  My average is 4000 if I pay 1000bits, and about 2500 if I pay 100.  However to get in the top say 5 of the rankings I am very persistent.  I spend a lot of time tapping trees to get extra wheels.  And I will pay the 1000bits per go now that I have more bits to spare.  Here is a screen shot of today's rankings in the mine art challenge.  They will obviously still be going up, but you can get a kind of idea of what the people I'm up against are like to see if it's just I'm up against average players.

In the clear the sky's game I honestly don't know if it's just that I'm good or that the people I'm up against are not good.  I do know that I can usually get between about 1100 and 1200.  I also know that at 970 I've won a pony and if I get 1300 I'll be ranked number 1 or 2.  I have on multiple occasions placed first in my group on this.  Here's a screen shot.

Now if you're reading this and going, 'but the groups I'm in are getting way higher scores than that, then obviously I'm being grouped with crappy players.   And I get the feeling that is partly because I'm not in the same time zone as America any more.  Maybe changing your clocks time will help?  Otherwise if my scores look good. Then maybe it's partly because I'm just good at this kind of game, but also like I said, my iPad has made the game much easier.

The other thing I wanted to tell you guys about gems is: so yesterday I said I needed 15 more gems to buy the observatory.  I did that today.  I got 8 gems as my daily reward.  I got 3 gems for levelling up.  I got 2 gems watching the videos and I got 2 gems from clearing bats from sweet Apple acres. 

I now need to save up 90 for cadence.  I will keep track of how I get them and how long it takes.

My other piece of advise is to do the quests in the ever free forest as soon as you can.  It gives you gems as prizes and having the access to lots of elements means clearing parasprites and changlings is easier.  Which gives you gems, and also you can dump the elements into the stones which will also on Occassion give you gems.

I have been playing for 3 months now.  I have never purchased anything.  I have finished the Luna story line, all the ever free story lines and twilight has had her corrination. 

So yeah...I hope that helps you guys and doesn't just sound like a massive brag post.

« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 04:37:07 AM by xeevee »

• View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: January 03, 2016, 08:15:01 AM »
Oh wow.I've been ignoring the everfree story line. I think it's time I went through that one!! I don't think it's all major brag, I think it helps!! I started playing on my kindle fire and then switched almost immediately to my phone (Samsung) never pay more than 100 bits and am good at the dance but sometimes my tapping doesn't register.
With the mine game I'm about the same as you. About 2K 0points if I pay the 200 bits.
I'm trying to remember it's a marathon, not a sprint.
But this does help me for sure!! Ok, gotta go get some more bits so I can clear out everfree forest!! Thank you!!

Offline xeevee

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: January 03, 2016, 09:39:36 AM »
One more piece of advice I have is dont buy Parish Nandamere or Lotus Blossom.  You can definitely win them in the dance game, so it's a waste of gems.  I also won Aloe, but I can't remember how I won her.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 10:20:10 AM by xeevee »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal