collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?  (Read 65064 times)

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?
« Reply #990 on: August 17, 2023, 12:50:33 AM »
BC: Aww bless Aster!!! And yaiy for starting your laundry!!!
Beth: glad the calls are reduced xxx

Scarlet O'Hara is visiting, which makes part of getting my laundry done easy but postpones other bits...
Got another package. Progressing on knitting & crochet & I might be getting something fun soon...
Meanwhile checking the weather. I want a sunny day for photos outside as there's currently another contest on my fave server
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: August 18, 2023, 12:39:06 PM »
I took the walk!!! It wasn't sunny but it was pleasant!!! I went somewhere I haven't taken Bakana yet: the beach a few miles from home with an easy walk & a scenic walk. Did the scenic to get there & the easy to return home. Needed cereal so got a few munchies & bottles while there then off I went!!! Needed the bathroom when I got home afterwards of course... And my feet once again don't like me
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #992 on: August 18, 2023, 04:28:30 PM »
Getting out and about is good :)

I'm slowly making progress cleaning and organizing. My metal boxspring came the other day so I really want to move my bed and put that together. I know I'll get much better sleep. I have to move some bins and boxes in the bedroom, then move the bed and nightstand, and then I can start bringing in bins and boxes from the living room. I wish I had more storage space. I would even settle for a little shed outside. My closets are full. That said though, I have a box of different sized Space Bags I can put some things in to save room. I have so many blankets... and it's really ridiculous because most of the year it's too hot to use them. I just love blankets though :blush:

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: August 19, 2023, 03:48:56 AM »
I read everyone’s replies and hope you’re all going to have a fun weekend. I’m still kinda super tired from the first week back teaching. I’m sleeping a lot
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #994 on: August 19, 2023, 05:24:52 AM »
i'm planning my Halloween decorations to take my mind off this heat.

I have some stuff to do around the house. My plate hangers were finally delivered so i can hang those. I also need to hang some hooks. I also need to do some side work today.

I need to get some stuff ready to take up to the attic once it cools off. I got a sideboard so now i have more reachable space for serving dishes. the shelves in the cabinets are so high up.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #995 on: August 19, 2023, 09:09:08 AM »
I'm still working on the bedroom, but today I'm going to try to put my bike together.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: August 19, 2023, 01:11:36 PM »
BC space is an issue for me too, as I'm the kind of person who fills every nook & cranny with stuff... Hope all the work goes well & the bed is sorted xxx
Beth phew!!! Hope your indoor tasks at least help keep you cool xxx
Novel hello welcome!!! Hope you get good rest xxx

I also need rest after the walk yesterday. Sore feet & aching leggies. Bakana also needed a spinny bath in the machine (she just fits mine, & I also squeezed her cardigan in). She's now wrapped in her towel, with two other plushies on standby if I need to snuggle somebody. Meanwhile, yep, you've guessed it, MORE knitting & crochet!!!

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: August 19, 2023, 01:46:37 PM »
I made a watermelon pumpkin today
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: August 19, 2023, 03:59:45 PM »
On Thursday, my brother brought firewood in his big van. The car was almost full. I cleared it in an hour. :whew: I threw the firewood onto the ground in the front yard on top of the tarp that my mother had previously spread out so that there wouldn't be so much trash left on the ground. Some of them were really big in size, they required sawing and splitting with an ax before burning. Some were the right size to put in the fireplace right away.

This was the easiest part. The hardest part was on Friday.

The woodshed is located in the backyard and the firewood was in the front yard. :pout: There is no other way to get to the backyard than by taking wooden stairs or two narrow paths next to the house. My mother and I chose one of the paths. There are rocks along the way, so we had to put boards on the ground to make the route flat for wheelbarrows. There is also a bumpy/uneven grassy area before the woodshed, but luckily it's downhill! :) So pushing the firewood with the wheelbarrow went quickly, as long as I remembered to go carefully at the beginning, that the tire of the wheelbarrow stays and travels on the board.
The hardest part was stacking the firewood in the woodshed, because there were so many that you had to put them neatly. The floor of the woodshed is very uneven with holes here and there, vague pieces of boards that make up the floor. So very dangerous for the feet! :crazy: A few times I almost fell when my shoe got stuck in a hole or else I almost fell over from fatigue.
That job was quite tough, especially on the legs and back, but they took it surprisingly well! On Saturday, I only had a little pain in my legs and lower back. :woot: That job took almost three hours, because in between you had to take a short break a couple of times.

Now we have firewood for the entire winter season.  :relaxed:
:zzz:

Offline Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #999 on: August 20, 2023, 08:00:35 AM »
that sounds exhausting HOM!

Record heat again today. My husband has been helping me take care of the plants. A lot of them are half dead from the drought. i'm hoping to keep them alive until we get actual rain. we cleaned out the area where we removed grass to make a rock garden this morning. we'll finish that project once it cools off.

our house is new construction so it came with 2 new oak trees. and they haven't been doing great. they didn't get much of a foothold before the dry period we had last summer and now they're almost completely brown. thankfully the full grown oak tree in my neighbor's yard still looks good. between the drought and the ice storms there are quite a few dead trees in the neighborhood.

they keep saying cooler weather will be here soon highs over 100+F are predicted for the next 10 days at least. i think everyone in Texas right now is obsessed with the weather. it's even worse than the dry spell we had in 2011. i'm afraid it will just keep getting worse every year.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: August 20, 2023, 05:42:54 PM »
that sounds exhausting HOM!

Yeah, I'm still very tired, even though it's already early Monday morning in a couple of hours. I went on a trip with my spouse and my mother on Sunday and we came back home a little before 03:00 at night. Now the next morning is an early wake-up call again, so yes, I'm really tired.  :biggrin: :zzz:
:zzz:

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #1001 on: August 21, 2023, 12:31:38 AM »
HoM for some reason I mistook you for BC and thought what is she gonna do with firewood in Florida? :brow: Good job! I don't miss those day with stacking firewood, and at the end sacks of pellets when we got a pelletburner instead.

Today, I'm gonna take my grandpa to the hospital, where he's gonna get surgery for his cataracts and then bring him home. I don't own a car so I will bike to him, take a cab to the hospital, cab back home to him and when he's settled bike home to me. I'm not sure how long this will take but I'm bringing a book with me. I hope for no rain.

Today marks the first day of the last week of my vacation. I hope this last week will be good.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1002 on: August 21, 2023, 09:34:53 AM »
For the record I have never chopped or carried firewood even when I lived up north (we didn't have a fireplace). Oddly, we did have one down here but we never used it. It kinda freaked us out :P

The other day I moved some boxes. I was sitting and just pulled them across the floor out of the way. There were like 5 of them. I was so sore yesterday and today I'm even worse. My whole spine hurts. I had the heating pad on it yesterday. Today I'm trying ice. I can barely move my upper torso, I can't twist or turn.

What really sucks is that I still haven't put my bed together with the new box spring, so I'm still getting bad sleep. It's all right there and I can't do anything with it :(

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: August 21, 2023, 11:33:49 AM »
BC oh no!!! That must be frustrating when you're too sore to do much of anything xxx
HOM PHEW!!! Bet you're glad that's done & hope you have a good meal afterwards xxx
Beldarna I hope all goes well for your grandfather xxx
Beth your poor plants & trees!!!

Bakana is dry!!! And clean!!! And so soft & snuggly!!! I used sea-scented fabric conditioner & gave her a gentle groom so her fluffy denticles got fluffed up & smoothed out. I can't let her go so I overslept last night & now she's under my arm!!!
And yet I need to keep at the knitting & crochet...

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #1004 on: August 22, 2023, 02:42:28 AM »
It went well with grandpa yesterday. He flirted with the nurse, said some jokes, some inapropriate that I had to reprimand him for, and she joked back. The nurse didn't seem offended, he has dementia so I guess that excused him. From the time I went from home till I got back home took six hours. I was exhausted when I got back. But I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Today is a rainy day. Apparently it's gonna rain all week :(. I found an old diamond painting that I bought from a craft store a year or two ago that I started on while listening to a podcast. I tried one of those back then and the beads were in different sizes and didn't really fit so I've not been doing this one, but in lack of something better it works. So far the beads are an even size :).

Gonna get out in the rain soon and go to the store. I've no food at home. Or I have but am not feeling it, so I'm gonna get a sallad and watch a Netflix movie for lunch. Hubby is going to his mom, a standing Tuesday thing they have and he's gonna eat there.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal