collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?  (Read 71905 times)

Offline Ponybookworm

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • MOC Mimic
  • All Pony Literature appreciated!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Slice of Life - What are you up to today?
« Reply #1020 on: August 27, 2023, 11:31:49 AM »
There was a wool festival on Saturday & silly me slept right through it!!! Bummer!!!
Continuing work on the sharky harness, currently doing second pectoral slot. After that there's one more strip on the sharky part, then I have to work on my part of the harness!!! I also have to get rubbish ready to go out, & some piccies taken.
Meanwhile I'm waiting on my big purchase invoice!!!

BC Yaiy for the new bed!!! And double-yaiy you got to see your mother!!!
Beldarna yum!!! Also the party sounds fun & I hope you enjoy xxx
Novelnerd phew!!! Hope it was actual work & not just busystuff like forms & red tape & meetings...
Sunbeam blackberry pie!!! Sounds delish!!! Blackberries here aren't ripe yet...
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Online Beth3346

• Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • she/her/hers - Baby Mint Dreams by Lady Satine
    • View Profile
    • My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #1021 on: August 27, 2023, 01:42:03 PM »
@BC i'm glad your new bed is more comfortable :)

I went to get groceries and dog treats this afternoon. now i need to cook dinner and get some side work done. i got a little caught up on one of my own projects so now i'm doing side work at the last minute. it shouldn't take long though. sometimes i find it harder to get motivated to do quick tasks.

while i was driving home we had a brief sprinkle of rain. it was barely noticeable but at least it was something. still super hot outside though.
Current Grails - Dutchies, Princess Variants PM me if you have any for sale - Want List

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1022 on: August 27, 2023, 06:21:56 PM »
Thank you :D I can't seem to stay asleep very long but that's probably due to a combo of pain and sleep apnea, but it's so much easier to fall asleep. It's also easier getting in and out. I'm not sliding off the edge anymore :lol:

I was going to take a break after I did the bed, but I ended up working around the house some more. I'm very sore, even my arms are sore, so I couldn't move the bed like I wanted today. I want to get it off the wall to free up space and then stack the stuff from the living room in the bedroom. That's going to be a challenge.

I need to find someone who can take away my old box spring, the frame and the big cardboard box the new box spring came in. I don't know anyone with a pickup truck anymore. I'll ask the neighbors if they know someone. They'd have to take it to the dump because the complex doesn't allow furniture by the compactor. I'll need to pay. I've been thinking of joining like a neighborhood group or something. I know there's a phone app but I really don't use my phone too much. Wonder if Facebook has one...

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: August 28, 2023, 05:38:26 PM »
I hope everyone is doing well! Congrats on the new bed BC, I also got a mattress last Thursday. I won’t say new since I was borrowing a bed so while it’s a new mattress I didn’t have a bed to claim as my own to begin with. I was afraid at first I wouldn’t like mine since I went with a more firm mattress, but I’ve been passing smooth out pretty easy so it has done the job.

I had a meeting today at work and stayed to grade a little. Flo (my dog) and I went on a short walk when that sun went down some. Now I’m just relaxing with Flo beside me and Marcy (cat) on my chest.

Beth, your dog stuff reminds me Flo got a pup cup from 7 Brew last week and loved it. She also got some new stuff from the pride section that was discounted. She was less excited about things to wear.

Bookworm do you ever post pictures of your creations? They sound so interesting

Beldarna that sounds like a wonderful time and that list of food makes me hungry
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: August 29, 2023, 04:22:35 AM »
BC I hope you manage to find somebody to pick the stuff up for you xxx
Novelnerd Aww, snuggling with pets is awesome xxx (I have to finish stuff before I piccie it)
Beth yep, projects are like that!!! I should know  :lol:

Made it to coffee (just!!!) It was yummy & there were biccies too!!! Grabbed a notebook to start writing recipes in (I already have for knitting & crochet patterns). Wrote down some I like so I can make them.
So CLOSE to finishing the sharky part of the harness, so picked another colour to do my part!!! Also, paid for the large order, & the bank today said yep I can do it with ease so all good (I get a text every week of my balance & can use it to help work out my budget). I JUST WANT THE HARNESS DONE!!!
Still due a clothing laundry & dishes...
My Mascots (so far): Twisty Tail, G2 Trixiebelle, Starcatcher, Twilight Sparkle. All variants & pictures of these are appreciated. Piccies courtesy of Griffin, Blumiere, Littlebabyribbon, & Starscout

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1025 on: August 29, 2023, 04:09:21 PM »
Didn't feel well today, so I slept on and off and played games. I miss my mom :( I took her phone to try and fix it and there's no way to talk to her. I don't have enough money to visit, I have enough for a ride there but not back and Uber already covered me once, don't know if they'll do it again. I realize without my mom, I never physically speak to anyone. My neighbor once in a while. The mailman if he picks up a package. That's about it besides doctor appointments.

Normally I don't have issues feeling lonely, but not being able to talk to my mom is making me feel very isolated :sad:

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: August 29, 2023, 05:05:59 PM »
BC!  :deathhug: Wish I could come over there and chat with you! :heart: ( On the other hand, it could be a bit difficult because of my poor English! :blush: I would have to use Google translate and speak through it! :lol: And besides, I'm really shy and quiet!)

--

Tuesday was spent cleaning the kitchen and washing the sheets. I was supposed to mow the lawn, but I slept way too long and I wasn't interested in that chore anymore. I can't do it tomorrow either, because then it should be a rainy day, at least that's what the weather forecast says. :rolleyes:
:zzz:

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1027 on: August 30, 2023, 09:45:09 AM »
HoM :hug: You can be shy and quiet! We can listen to metal together and do art :heart:

--

I need to finish cleaning the kitchen. I'm so tired today, I've been sleeping most of the day.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Heart Of Midnight

• The Happy Birthday pony!
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: August 30, 2023, 04:51:17 PM »
HoM :hug: You can be shy and quiet! We can listen to metal together and do art :heart:

Oh, that would be really nice!  :lovey:
--

Wednesday was a rainy day, so it was a lazy day. :sleepy:
When the rain stopped, I went to my brother's house to admire the flowers in the garden. The dahlia bushes are really tall and the flowers are a great size! :wow: Gladiolus are gorgeous too! Unfortunately, Monday's heavy rains had knocked most of the gladiolus to the ground. :( They may need to be put together with strings and sticks. Some of the dahlia flowers had snapped. My brother's spouse plans to put them in a vase.

It's not supposed to rain tomorrow, so I thought I'd go for a longer walk than usual.
:zzz:

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: August 30, 2023, 07:22:40 PM »
Well you should still post some of your completed stuff Bookworm. ;)

I’m exhausted, work is draining me lately even if it’s fulfilling in its own way. Tomorrow I’m attending a meeting for other people transitioning so that should be informative but so nervous to be around new people and talk about stuff. Also, when I moved last year my friend took in my goats but now has to rehome them due to expenses. I’m going to go visit the boys for a last time and I’m a bit teary about it. I adore those boys and will miss them.

BC sorry you’re having a difficult time and feel lonely. Sometimes isolation creeps in on me and that can be difficult.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1030 on: August 31, 2023, 05:20:46 AM »
Despite my bed now being comfy, I had a bout of insomnia and didn't sleep last night. It's 8am and I'm still awake. Part of it is my addiction to the game I'm playing, but the other part is money is coming tomorrow. I'll finally be able to get the things I need and maybe a few fun goodies.

Plus, I can go visit my mom :cheer:

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: August 31, 2023, 06:30:09 AM »
It's cooling down a little again. I gotta run some errands.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #1032 on: August 31, 2023, 08:13:07 AM »
I'm going by train to Sundsvall (3.5 hour traindride) just to get on another train to work on it on the way back home. So far I've been listening to a podcast about a murder trial, read 70 pages of Silence of the lambs and chitchatted with the coworker working this ride. I have about 40 minutes left until we've arrived. The ride always feels shorter when working, I'm quite bored.
On the way home, I will be getting off the train in a city an hours ride from home, have an hour break before boarding another train and work on it home. A very strange set up imo. I wont be homehome until after 10 pm.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #1033 on: August 31, 2023, 12:07:14 PM »
That sounds complicated :huh:

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed

Offline Ponybookworm

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: August 31, 2023, 12:39:06 PM »
OH WOW so much happening!!!
Beldarna hope your trip goes well!!!
BC I feel you!!! If it wasn't for my weekly coffee I wouldn't get to chat either!!!  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: It's good that you're getting more cash xxx
Novelnerd hope the meeting goes well. When you say transitioning do you mean pink/white/blue??? If so more  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
HOM those poor plants!!! I'm all for plants in pots or in gardens, growing in soil xxx

Anyway, silly me thought I could do a quick sketch. Just sketch, piccie, edit a little, add to post. How hard can it be??? Blinking nightmare as it turns out!!! Spent AGES on the editing phase because of course it's unevenly lit!!! Grrr. Oh well it's up...
Not nearly as far along on my part of the harness as I hoped... And I still have so many chores to do!!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal