collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Bratzillaz  (Read 71639 times)

Offline PandaBerryInSpace

• Trade Count: (+72)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Bratzillaz
« on: March 11, 2012, 02:06:27 PM »
So, it looks like MGA is coming up with a new line as an answer to Monster High...

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Honestly, it doesn't surprise me. Bratz Ponyz, anyone? But I'm interested to see what the actual dolls look like. :)

Avatar art by January Joy, siggy art by DreamCatcher! Thank you so much! <3

ACNL FC: 3754 6763 3133

Offline LuvlyMelody

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Bratzillaz
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2012, 02:11:05 PM »
Huh...interesting. I see capes, maybe a Monster High superheroish adaptation?? this'll be interesting to see what developes. XD

Hopefully this will be the next big thing in the toy community and leads the scalpers away from MH dolls so everyone else can get a chance in getting one! lol

Also, lets hope this doesn't start another lawsuit of some sort.
My Flickr Page

My Little Pony Checklist/Wishlist | Monster High Checklist/Wishlistvisitors can't see pics , please register or login

| For Sale | Wanted |

Offline tuneful87

• Shmexy Stallion
  • Trade Count: (+94)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2012, 02:19:29 PM »
Interesting. A shame none of the clothes will really fit Monster Highs...

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2012, 03:15:38 PM »
I just hope their dang feet don't come off! But I'm sure they do....

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Knibitz

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2012, 03:21:07 PM »
Huh...interesting. I see capes, maybe a Monster High superheroish adaptation?? this'll be interesting to see what developes. XD

They're actually all witch themed.

Offline zzzova

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2012, 03:23:49 PM »
When I was at a toystore today I saw 3 brand whit Monster High "inspired" dolls  ^.^ Funny to see how it spreeds

SuniMoon

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2012, 03:35:06 PM »
Well, just watch them release nice illustrations, nice stock photos... And deliver a crappy product like with the masquerade dolls. ):

If the clothing actually loooooked nice, I'd buy them for the clothes... But the quality never compares to the stock photos.

Rococo

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2012, 03:35:35 PM »
I really like the character art. It's the best Bratz art I have ever seen (it looks especially magical girl anime-inspired) and the girl with the pigtails and monocle is adooorable.

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2012, 04:49:17 PM »
I really like the character art. It's the best Bratz art I have ever seen (it looks especially magical girl anime-inspired) and the girl with the pigtails and monocle is adooorable.

Actually, if you look reeeeeally closely, you can see that she doesn't have pigtails -- she has four braids. I thought it was pigtails at first too... I'm not sure how I feel about the braids. XD

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2012, 04:50:20 PM »
The thing I don't really understand is the name. Are they going to be gigantic compared to the Bratz or are they going to have monstrous attitudes like a bridezilla but without the wedding?

I don't think that will happen. If that was possible Hasbro would have sued Mattel over the Little Pretty pets way back when.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Rococo

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2012, 05:16:05 PM »

Actually, if you look reeeeeally closely, you can see that she doesn't have pigtails -- she has four braids. I thought it was pigtails at first too... I'm not sure how I feel about the braids. XD

Now she looks even more like a Japanese comic book character ala Naoko Takeuchi artwork! Lol Was cuter when I thought they were just braided pigtails though!

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2012, 05:39:34 PM »
Now she looks even more like a Japanese comic book character ala Naoko Takeuchi artwork! Lol Was cuter when I thought they were just braided pigtails though!

She does kinda remind me of the Amazoness Quartet, now that you mention it. XD

Offline KarentheUnicorn

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://karentheunicorn.tripod/legosnape.html
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2012, 07:23:16 PM »
The thing I don't really understand is the name. Are they going to be gigantic compared to the Bratz or are they going to have monstrous attitudes like a bridezilla but without the wedding?

I don't think that will happen. If that was possible Hasbro would have sued Mattel over the Little Pretty pets way back when.

Actually Mattel has already taken Hasbro and MGA to court in the past, in fact Mattel has a history of taking other companies, people to court. MGA finally won the rights to make bratz again so they've been in court for a while already fighting mattel.

I've kind of wondered if one of the reasons the Bratz quality has fallen over the past couple of years is because of mattel taking them to court. MGA for YEARS has had great quality dolls, clothing, products for the Bratz line, it was only after mattel started to sue them that the quality started to fall off in the line.

And if we want to complain about quality in accessories and products we shouldn't forget Mattel is the company of the cardboard accessories and non-functional plastic handbags. At least that has been  my experience over the many years I was collecting Barbie. I pretty much stopped buying barbie after I found out they were taking MGA to court and after I read up on just how many lawsuits they've been involved in.

Personally I don't see a problem with Bratz having a 'monster' themed line. I'm one of the few people that don't really like the Monsters High dolls. Firstly because it's associated with mattel and secondly, the dolls just don't appeal to me so I'd be interested to see how the Bratz line does with the monster theme.

Probably doesn't own a stolen piece of the Taj Mahal.

Offline kiwimlp

• Intros and Brags Mod
  • *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • I am Negan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2012, 07:31:49 PM »
Hmm interesting pics.  I will wait until I see the dolls in the flesh before I decide if I want to buy them or not.

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2012, 07:55:49 PM »

Actually Mattel has already taken Hasbro and MGA to court in the past, in fact Mattel has a history of taking other companies, people to court. MGA finally won the rights to make bratz again so they've been in court for a while already fighting mattel.

Yeah but Mattel did not take MGA to court because they had a vaguely similar toy. Mattel had accused MGA of hiring a designer who was accused of designing the Bratz on Mattel's company time.

And if we want to complain about quality in accessories and products we shouldn't forget Mattel is the company of the cardboard accessories and non-functional plastic handbags. At least that has been  my experience over the many years I was collecting Barbie.

Mattel has been really good with the details on Monster High, which is part of the reasons it has taken off as well as it did. If they were pulling the same crap as they had been with Barbie they would have failed already.

Personally I don't see a problem with Bratz having a 'monster' themed line. I'm one of the few people that don't really like the Monsters High dolls. Firstly because it's associated with mattel and secondly, the dolls just don't appeal to me so I'd be interested to see how the Bratz line does with the monster theme.

I like Monster High but that doesn't mean I am not curious to see how MGA will do with this. I am not some kind of blind follower of one company or another.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal