collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 25-35 GBP for shipping one adult G1 pony from UK to Poland?  (Read 713 times)

Offline TinyShinyUnique

• Trade Count: (+147)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • UniqueSubtleTreasures
25-35 GBP for shipping one adult G1 pony from UK to Poland?
« on: January 13, 2014, 02:04:33 AM »
I've bought heaps of ponies from UK and even shipping for MOC ones wasn't that expensive! Could someone located in UK tell me why the seller could have got that quote? I'm even more stumped because they said they can't send it via airmail small pocket because it's not small enough...

Can someone explain it to me please? :sad:

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
Re: 25-35 GBP for shipping one adult G1 pony from UK to Poland?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2014, 02:27:44 AM »
If they're trying to send it with tracking or via ParcelForce then that quote sounds about right (Global Value is £22ish and GlobalPriority is £35 to Poland). However, small packet goes up to 2kg as far as I know 0_o It might not be eligible for domestic small packet, as they recently changed all the rules for those regarding the size of the package, but as far as I know the rules for international small packet haven't changed (Royal Mail's website says maximum is usually 2kg and doesn't state size restrictions except for flat or rolled up items). Maybe they're trying to send it in a massive box?  :huh: Otherwise it sounds like the seller is either inexperienced or trying to scam you.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 02:30:47 AM by CupidStrikes »
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2014, 02:34:37 AM »
My guess is inexperienced-

Maybe you could ask them if they would please send international small packet ?  Where in the U.K.?  Maybe you could look up the price yourself (depending on where they are) and politely let them know ?

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2014, 04:05:54 AM »
This is one of those tracking issues; I actually think this postage quote is right. :(

The only service you can use with Royal Mail which guarantees track and trace from shipping to delivery is "Airsure". However, Airsure is not available when shipping from the UK to Poland.

This means that if your seller, correctly, wishes to send you a parcel and have tracking on it they can not use the postal service. They have to escalate it to ParcelForce, which is Royal Mail's courier. For a parcel which will carry one pony the size for shipping is £22.35 + VAT [which is 20%]; so your seller has to pay out £26.82 in order to post the item to you.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2014, 04:06:42 AM »
Youch!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2014, 04:29:09 AM »
Youch!

*nods* :/

This is honestly why I am rethinking which countries I ship to. :( Airsure is normally ok-ish in price and most countries can take it but there are a range of postal services which do not match up with Airsure and therefore will not offer a trackable service. Airsure is sometimes enough to make a buyer take a deep breath when you quote it, let alone when you have to use a courier service.
Loa is my love god!

Offline TinyShinyUnique

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • UniqueSubtleTreasures
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2014, 03:25:16 PM »
Thanks for clearing that up :) well, as long as I know it's legit there is not much I can do. My fault for not asking about a quote - I would but it was a last minute buy almost :blush: I'll see if I can talk to the seller and convience her to send it without tracking and promise to not open an item not recieved claim. She has a great feedback so I guess she's trustworthy.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2014, 09:58:26 PM »
yep thats unfortunately right for Parcelforce with tracking etc....  :yikes:
but there is another tracked option from Royal Mail as well as Airsure - its called "international signed for" and you can still use it (for parcles up to 2kg)  even with the confusing array of new rules and prices n stuff in the UK. I checked yesterday at the PO. Probably your seller is inexperienced and doesnt know all of the options.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2014, 12:45:33 AM »
Unfortunately International Signed For, despite the name, does not track outside of the UK. As weird as that sounds they are only electronically tracked until they leave the UK. With ebay now being so strict, I would guess your seller wants a service which ensures tracking all the way to delivery. :( I would be worried whether ebay and paypal would accept International Signed Foras confirmation of delivery or shipping.
Loa is my love god!

Offline TinyShinyUnique

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • UniqueSubtleTreasures
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2014, 01:35:51 AM »
ISF is trackable in Poland! At least it was still when I got few packages from UK during the vacation? I had no problems with tracking it though in many cases the tracking got updated when the parcel was already in my hands :lookround: It's commonly the same way round when it comes to tracked items I send to UK so I thought it were just the Post service employees sometimes being lazy

Anyway, the seller is a very nice person and clearly inexperienced when it comes to overseas delivery. She said that yes, she tried to send it in a box and she suspects that might be the reason. I told her that I've just completed a transaction with another seller - salemsparkler :lovey: - and I paid 3,50 GBP for shipping. I kind of took Ringlets words to heart too and browsed Royal Mail's site after talking with salemsparkler and I'm 100% sure she sent it with Airmail Small Packets - I'll forward the message to the seller as she asked me about it. 

hathorcat, you make good points about the ebay/paypal protection :/ I'm not a person who claims with paypal for that reason but I see how it might concern the seller...

Offline CupidStrikes

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2014, 02:04:29 AM »
ISF is trackable in Poland! At least it was still when I got few packages from UK during the vacation? I had no problems with tracking it though in many cases the tracking got updated when the parcel was already in my hands :lookround: It's commonly the same way round when it comes to tracked items I send to UK so I thought it were just the Post service employees sometimes being lazy

Anyway, the seller is a very nice person and clearly inexperienced when it comes to overseas delivery. She said that yes, she tried to send it in a box and she suspects that might be the reason. I told her that I've just completed a transaction with another seller - salemsparkler :lovey: - and I paid 3,50 GBP for shipping. I kind of took Ringlets words to heart too and browsed Royal Mail's site after talking with salemsparkler and I'm 100% sure she sent it with Airmail Small Packets - I'll forward the message to the seller as she asked me about it. 

hathorcat, you make good points about the ebay/paypal protection :/ I'm not a person who claims with paypal for that reason but I see how it might concern the seller...

You wouldn't believe how much trying to post something in a box can add to the price. I bought two figures from the same set from two different sellers a couple of years ago. One cost $5 to ship. The other cost $20 because the seller was inexperienced, put it in a box much bigger than it needed to be, and posted it when she had told me she was getting a quote, so I couldn't even back out without looking like a nasty piece of work  :cry:

I'm glad that this seller is willing to work with you ^_^ As you've been able to track ISF to you before maybe they'll agree to use that for their own protection too?
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.

Offline TinyShinyUnique

• Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • UniqueSubtleTreasures
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2014, 02:09:02 AM »

You wouldn't believe how much trying to post something in a box can add to the price. I bought two figures from the same set from two different sellers a couple of years ago. One cost $5 to ship. The other cost $20 because the seller was inexperienced, put it in a box much bigger than it needed to be, and posted it when she had told me she was getting a quote, so I couldn't even back out without looking like a nasty piece of work  :cry:

I'm glad that this seller is willing to work with you ^_^ As you've been able to track ISF to you before maybe they'll agree to use that for their own protection too?

Good idea! I'll let the seller know about it too :D

Offline CupidStrikes

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2014, 02:13:11 AM »
Ponies are fairly robust so a well-padded envelope with extra bubble wrap should protect it just fine xD

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2014, 09:17:49 AM »
While you may have managed it in the past TSU, the Royal Mail do state that it is not trackable past the UKs borders. Its not a guaranteed service. :(

I can completely understand your frustration with the price and its great that your seller is willing to work with you. Yay! I just think we should perhaps consider it from both sides. We have plenty of TS threads with sellers [rightfully] complaining about buyers who file with paypal even though they have had their item shipped to them. And we all tell those sellers that they need to ship with tracking - guaranteed tracking ship to delivery. To then encourage us, as buyers, to ask for non trackable shipping - just seems a little contradictory, if that makes sense.
Loa is my love god!

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2014, 10:21:15 AM »
I've never had any issues with international signed for TBH :)  even when sending to places such as Italy, even if RM say that on their site... but hey theres no harm in being cautious - more so when it comes to very expensive items  :awake:  Although I've had RM peeps at the PO say that even with Airsure or anything else they cant guarantee tracking when it leaves the UK    :facepalm:   still like I said, I havent had issues personally. Some others may have. Anyways I wish you all the best with this transaction TSU :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal